Okay, I am moving past my blue blip...purple blip? That hit me hard. Not sure why except he was
so young and his music defined a very special part of my life.
Anyway,
@Nana757, thank you, friend.

It's always great to see your smiling face in your avatar pop up here on my thread. I hope all is great with you. Our weather has definitely been a roller coaster lately, hasn't it?
@Hipster Girl, yaay about your resume! I have a good feeling about this. Some lucky company is going to snap you up, leaving the others to gnash their teeth.

I had to smile at the perfectionist comment. I'm like that myself and I drive myself crazy too. LOL!
@Cynthia777, no you absolutely did not confuse the issue. That is great advice! Thanks to both you and
@Hipster Girl for that. That is exactly the kind of information I need tucked into my brain as we begin to 'circle the airport' of retirement. I want to do this right. I don't want to get into some financial muck that's darned near impossible to get out of. We've been so careful about getting our ducks in a row as we get nearer to his retirement. We're on track to be completely debt free by then. I want that good planning to continue, so
thank you for the advice!
@keepmovin, hello, hello, hello! Here's a comfy chair and I'll make you a cup of tea.

I'm glad you've popped in. I am so happy that you are into this new phase of your very brave journey! Any question I can answer for you, I'll be delighted to.
Let's see, regarding clipping the toenails - I accomplish this by first sitting in a soft chair. That way I'm already a bit closer to my toes than I would be if I sat, say, on the edge of my bathtub or my bed. I then bend down and slightly to my left, (that's my first op side) and can reach my toes to clip the nails. Now, it's not elegant and the clip job is not perfect, but it's progress.

For my right side (newest op side) I have to position my right foot
behind my left ankle/calf, bend over to the left again and down and can clip the big toenail and the one next to it. I still have to have my husband's help for the remaining toenails as I feel that pulling sensation that is just out of my comfort zone if I attempt any more. I am hoping that as time goes on and I work on my ROM and flexibility I will be able to just bend over and clip the nails. I'll keep you posted on that.

My surgeon has lifted all restrictions for me. As he puts it, "They're your hips. Go slowly and carefully, but you should be able to do all the basic life things you need/want to do". He has cautioned me that things like running will shorten the life of my implants. I'm not a runner anyway, so I don't mind that.
As far as lifting heavy objects, I let my body be my guide. I had posted not too long ago that lifting even a very full laundry hamper would get my muscles to complaining. I find I can tolerate more weight as time goes on though. I can very definitely tell if something is too heavy by the 'pulling' sensation in the muscles at the side of my hip area. It's very distinct. I've learned that if I feel that pulling, then I need to put the object down and ask for help because otherwise I'll be paying for it with stiff hips for a couple of days. I can now tote around overfull laundry hampers, heft cases of bottled water in and out of a shopping cart, etc without any problem. I couldn't do that 6 weeks ago.
About bowling...I'm not sure I'd define what I do as 'bowling'

. Anyway, I didn't have any problem with it. Now, I don't have a what I'd term a 'league bowler's approach and release' with any swift movements and I don't slide or end up with one of my feet canted behind the other. I basically take four steps up to the lane, bend slightly, and release the ball...generally to its final destination: the gutter. I bowled three games with my son and felt fine afterwards. Perhaps a tiny bit stiff the next day because it was an activity I hadn't done in years, but nothing that got in my way.
Yes, my avatar is in honor of Prince. I think I'll leave it for today and then go back to my other one. I had also heard that he needed a hip replacement but was reluctant due to his faith. I trust he is happy and whole today and hopefully having an amazing jam session...perhaps with B.B. King.
@Hip Hip Hooray! I received my dry brush today. I'm excited to try it out!
Have a terrific day, fellow hippies.
