Bilateral TKR December's gifts are 2 new knees

1121@Turkey

Country
United States United States
Hello everyone,
I am having both knees replaced in December. Some call me brave. But I call me a scardey cat. I'm worried that I won't go back for the second one if I have a tough experience the first time around--I have low pain tolerance. I am looking for folks that did both and can offer advice....especially on toileting! thanks

Hi and Welcome!

Please tell us the date of your surgery and we’ll make a signature for you. :flwrysmile:

Here are some members who had both knees done the same day/surgery

Here’s some pre op information for you:

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Hello and Welcome to BoneSmart! Thanks for joining us. I'd call you brave also. It seems everyone who experiences bilateral surgery is happy once they get through the first few weeks. I'm betting you'll feel the same.
One and Done! One surgery, one anesthesia, one recovery. A Christmas present from you, to you. :banana-santa:
Best Wishes for your comfort over the next few months as you await your surgery date.
@1121@Turkey

Thank you very much Layla! I will work on realistic expectation, especially for the first few weeks. I am happy to hear from others that experienced replacement of both knees at once.
Thanks everyone. 1121@Turkey

@1121@Turkey What is the date of your surgery?

I'm tagging my colleague @Roy Gardiner who had BTKR and hasn't looked back. He's still an avid cycling fan!

Surgery scheduled for December 19 :heehee:

I am having both knees replaced in December. Some call me brave. But I call me a scardey cat. I'm worried that I won't go back for the second one if I have a tough experience the first time around
Exactly my thoughts back in the day! Petrified I'd back out of the 2nd one. Worked fine.

Thank you very much Roy! I could not access your full diary but hoping that is a momentary block. Will try again later.

My date is October 18th coming up.
This is exactly why I chose BTKR too.
The closer I get the higher my anxiety is getting. I won’t back out but I am getting more and more anxious to where it hasn’t happened yet but having a hard time relaxing enough to sleep.
At least it will be one and done.

Best Wishes on Monday!
I hope your recovery nest is prepared and you're ready to roll.
Please join us on the healing side once you're home and resting comfortably. We look forward to following your journey and supporting you along the way.
@1121@Turkey

Just think, by this time tomorrow you could have your 2 new HIGH TECH leases on life installed. IMPRESSING all the medical and rehab personnel with your AWESOME outlook and progress! This is really exciting, you will do great! Good Luck @1121@Turkey!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom