• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR December 2 TKR - survived surgery now the real fun begins.

Sara61

senior
Country
Portugal Portugal
I can totally relate- I'm now 8 weeks post op and most nights I have intermittent sleep - my husband kindly moved to the guest bedroom, so I either check up on BoneSmart- watch tv or play games on my phone- like you I'm not a napper - usually after a couple of nights I get the occasional "Good nights" sleep ...
As I'm not working I just try to relax and rest on sofa daytime. I think my main issue is getting comfortable- I spend the night changing positions.
They say it WILL get better :praying::praying::praying:

Cstucky

Country
United States United States
I’m five weeks in and have turned the corner with sleep. Most nights I can now sleep on my side. So take heart those of you still struggling. Things will get better in time. Yesterday I even walked outside for a half a mile. No pain! So grateful.
I only took two pain pills after surgery on 11-2, and it was tough, especially st night. I’m a big reader but I couldn’t think I hurt so much so I practiced breathing meditation, read BoneSmart posts and watched junk TV. I went from bed to recliner and tried to just accept the no sleeping, knowing it was the norm.
Therapy now is getting much easier and I can see my progress. Sure my knee gets stiff and going downstairs remains difficult but I know in time all will be well. BoneSmart folks have been a source of solace. Good luck to all of you just coming out of surgery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
cschultz8
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom