Day before ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That means you are normal. The Surgery is taken care of, they know their business, they do it everyday. You just have to show up. The hospital stay is also handled by pros, follow instructions. Think about after you go home, where will you go for therapy, how will you get home, how will you manage the first few days, you will need help. Work out the details for your recovery; try to get some rest. Remember that we will be here for you. Trust and obey.

If you have the chance to do something you really enjoy today, go for it. That will help take your mind off of tomorrow and give you something to remember while you're in the hospital. Visit a friend or family member you enjoy being around, go to a movie or if you read, start a new book. This will be your last chance to do whatever you want to do for a couple of weeks. I don't want to scare you, but don't waste it.

My son bought my entire family tickets to see Jeff Dunham (ventriloquist) at the Blumenthal Center in Charlotte the night before going to the hospital. Laughed myself silly.....Hope you can do the same!!

Believe me.....you're going to be in great hands....they KNOW you're ansy...they'll handle that for you. You go find you some "funny" today..somewhere.

See you on the other side!
We'll help you through every little phase....
Patti

We are only trying to do for you what someone else has done for us. Patti, I saw that guy in Birmingham a few years ago and he has some funny stuff, no doubt. Jalapeno on a steeek, funny stuff.

pack your travel bag with some shorts or jogging pants with wide legs....you may still have some swelling.....take you some mints and gum because the meds they give you makes your mouth taste like camel sh......uh....poop! DO IT! If you have a laptop, take it. If not, you'll have TV to watch....nurses to chase....morphine pumps to PUMP!! I think I have a pic of some of us coming back down the hall from rehab while I was in the hospital....we actually had smiles on our faces and it was the DAY after surgery....I'll find it and post it so you'll SEE that it ain't gonna KILL YOU!!!

be back (i'm going to get fired - my boss thinks I'm WORKING!!!) with picture
Patti

Morning after! Smiling and walking!!
You'll be fine!!! Good Luck!!
ai28.tinypic.com_29z4k8o.jpg

NEXT DAY....NO wires...NO help...walked the length of the hall from rehab..
SEE....you'll be giddy'up-ing before you know it!!!!

ai31.tinypic.com_2emep05.jpg

so funny! I outwalked him!!!!...but, in his defense, he DID have peepee cath!!! poor dude!

I'm goofin' off right now.....have my leg wrapped in a blanket and elevated on an old computer box....gotta get back to the grind before I'm "found"....
My mom gave me a big pep talk this morning.....told me (like you did) to take care of myself and assured me that this office wouldn't DIE without me (but it would!!! hee hee)...I'm going to balance a couple of accounts and call it a day.
thanks for asking!!
Ciao!

For me I enjoyed the day before. I went and had a last workout. Then went to the movies. I packed a small bag with a robe, slippers, mints, tooth brush etc.
I was given my appointment three months prior so it really seemed a long time to get to the big day.
I was so ready for surgery. I have always been very active and unfortunately the past 1 1/2 years have largely been sedentary.
I'm 5 weeks post op. today.
My activity level is gradually increasing. I do tire quickly and have to try and pace myself.
Have your favorite chair ready. Phone, t.v. controls. I ended up with three throw blankets. I got the chills very frequently the first couple of weeks after coming home.
If you can, get some of the frozen ice packs that are flexible. You will need ice.
Finally, make sure and capture the urinal from the hospital. The first couple of weeks post, you aren't going to want to keep jumping up and heading to the bathroom.

dadgummit.....i'm going to get FIRED if I don't quit coming back here....BUT...I have a GREAT idea. It was given to us by our rehab guy. He said that we should buy Palmolive Liquid Dish Soap (the REAL big bottle)...pour it into a Ziploc Bag (I double bagged mine"....push as much air out as possible and freeze it. It makes the MOST wonderful Ice pack....it's pliable....works like a charm...I made two. Believe me...it's a trick worth trying.

ciao...

Spend time with friends and family and have fun! Get a good night's sleep the night before, it really helps to start out feeling good. Make sure you have all you need packed and ready and that your house is ready for you when you come home. I had valium the morning of the surgery to ease my anxiety. That helped a lot. I wish you all the best. You'll do great and be up and moving this time tomorrow!! It will be over and you'll be on the road to pain free walking! We're all with you and praying for you.

God bless,
Skeet

Pattipoo,
I sat here laughing about all that can go wrong with a zip lock full of dish soap. I'm going to try it but I think I'll add a strip of duct tape on the top of it. I just don't want to be in a recliner and wake up with a crotch full of dish soap. I'd have allot of "splaining" to do!!
Seriously, it does sound like a good idea.

Hey all just got back from doc and its a go for 7:30 am tommrow so if ya dont hear from me for a few days ill be thinking of you all and i will get back to yall ....... so take care and may GOD bless you all ..... JIM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom