THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah,

Beautiful tree and Miles...oh so sweet and cute. It is wonderful to hear from you and that you are doing so well. Life is good with our new hips! Merry Christmas, enjoy!

Congratulations Sarah on the first anniversary of your new hip. Sounds like it is all going well and has made a huge difference to your quality of life. Merry Christmas and enjoy the new year. Miles looks like a good watch dog.

Great to hear from the 2011 crew! We all did pretty good, lots of laughs, few tears.....I still think my highlight was the morphine pump!

Jane oh my goodness yes I did get your email, just checked and it's sitting parked in my spam, sorry! Will write this weekend, love knowing all is well for you.

Kevin, always good to hear from you. How's your wife's knee? Hi Charlie that was a nice treat to also hear from you. The bike riding and walking sound excellent more fun being out in mud Vs the gym. Jaycey, Sandy, Hoops and Diane hope life is well for you too. I do sometime read updates, find our hipster team write less and less. It takes a lot of time to sit and write on every post, I do enjoy reading some late nights on iPad.

The good news with the holidays coming up quickly, it means some lovely vacation time. The thought on NO work thrills me, no big plans here, just a good Christmas dinner with friends and some much needed lazy time, maybe catch a movie or two. We went to see "Life of PI" last week it was excellent, amazing graphics. My favorite this year was "The Best Exotic Magnolia Hotel" hope I got the name right, it was just a lovely nice English flick. To keep things diverse I watched Savages the other night....hahahahaha not for the weak of heart, pretty violent, graphic, sexual and pretty warped!

Night Night....xxoo

:xmastree::sleigh: Great picture, Sarah - and wonderful update too! Your tree is lovely - I'm sure Santa will be able to find your place very easily ;) I'm so glad Miles has his pet TV available - my Coonie Girls love their channels of CatTV - I have 13 channels here at various levels. They like talking to the squirrels and birds through the screens during nice weather. Happy Hippy Anniversary! I'm delighted to hear you are doing so well!

Hi Sarah!

What a wonderful update and I am so pleased and proud of you for your continuing work in the gym. Lunges!!!:dancy: Excellent, you will feel so powerful as you continue with your workouts, time goes by and your strength, balance and confidence continue to grow!! :thumb: Glad you still find your tush cush helpful too.

Happy Holidays to you and Miles -- I hope he doesn't wee on the tree.... :heehee:
Take care,
Cardie

P.S. Wow, you got charlie cyborg; to venture back from real life and let us know how he's doing too!! You November hippies were a fun bunch to watch over and it's great to know you're all doing so well.

Hey Class of November 2011 Hippies

Great to hear from you...

Sarah, Charlie, Kevin, Hoops Jane, Deb, Cardie, Sis..

Maybe I should start a thread called 'Class of November 2011 Hippies'. We could share our recoveries with the new hippies in the one thread - what do you think?

Hugs to all xx

Poppet I think that Class of 2011 Hippies thread is a great idea. I wish more people who are farther down the road of recovery would post, so I'll know what I have to look forward to:SUNsmile:

Sounds like a great plan for the thread Sis! I'll look for it.

Just wanted to stop by and say Happy New Year, Sarah!!

I saw you in the New Year's party thread and hope that your friend's arm is ok!! Super nice of you and Miles to take care of her. I'm sure there is a story behind that break --

Hope all is still going well for you!!
Take care,
Cardie

Hey Cardie,

My friend is doing much better, awful patient. I have empathy on the pain from the break and it's good she is healing now.

Nothing too exciting to share. Work is now picking up with the show schedule and travel starts Feb with a trip to England. I'm still with the trainer I wrote a little about it on Cathy's page. Baby steps, I'm no Jane Fonda and never will be, just improving my balance, strength and confidence weekly it's a good thing. I read about your Lyme disease I hope it is healing now?

Happy New Year!

xo

On the question of balance improvement after knee replacement this may offer some hope - anything to help prevent falls is good!
Balance 1 Year After TKA: Correlation With Clinical Variables

Iria Bascuas, MD; Marta Tejero, MD; Sandra Monleón, MD; Roser Boza, MD; Josep Maria Muniesa, PhD; Roser Belmonte, PhD
Abstract

Knee osteoarthritis results in changes that affect balance. It has been reported that osteoarthritis worsens proprioception and increases the risk of falling. The objective of this study was to assess changes in balance among patients with knee osteoarthritis at 1 year after total knee arthroplasty (TKA) surgery and its relationship with clinical variables.
This prospective, observational study evaluated 44 patients before and 1 year after TKA. Variables analyzed included age, body mass index, pain, range of motion for both knees, bilateral quadriceps and hamstrings muscle strength, gait velocity, and Knee Society score. Balance and posture control were assessed using the following computerized posturography tests: the weight bearing test, modified Clinical Test of Sensory Interaction on Balance (mCTSIB) test, and sit-to-stand test. Pre- and postoperative differences were analyzed using Wilcoxon and chi-square tests, and effect size was measured using standardized response mean. Correlations were assessed by the Spearman test. One year after TKA, some improvement in balance tests was observed. Significant differences were observed in the mCTSIB test: foam surface with open eyes (P⩽.001), foam surface with closed eyes (P⩽.001), and composite value (P⩽.001). Effect size was moderate to high. Age showed significant correlation with mCTSIB composite value changes (−0.369; P=.037). No significant correlations were found between posturographic tests and other analyzed variables.
Balance measured by computerized posturography improved 1 year after TKA. Significant changes were observed between open and closed eyes using a foam surface for the mCTSIB test. A mild negative correlation was found between age and posturographic changes.

Work is now picking up with the show schedule and travel starts Feb with a trip to England.

Hi Sarah,

Glad you are still doing well and working with your trainer. Safe travels to you this busy time of the season. Maybe you can find lisanewmc too!!

Take care & is Miles going to Auntie Poppet for pet sitting during your trip,
Cardie

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is groovy! My trip to England is a quickie and will be hectic....arrive Thursday morning and leave the following Tuesday morning, my baby brother is getting married feb 16th. I'm confident ill be back again in the year maybe then we can plan something Jane.
I will write more in an email soon.

No news on this end. Life is good, my hip is brilliant I rarely think about it. Still with trainer enjoying more now and finally getting competitive with myself. My knee acted up in earlier days, we've adjusted a few of the exercises and I've switched to the spinning bike which I love!! Next Friday going to venture back into spinning classes, I'm sure it will kick my backside...I'm excited though its the best machine style of cardio I enjoy and feel no pressure on my knees. Walking lots with Miles.

Bye for now....

xxoo

Joy oh joy... Update from Sarah and Charlie in one day.. I miss the antics and quick posts.. Lots of topics, from food, loving our drugs.... It was fun :)

YooHoo from Dallas......

Must share from my baby brothers wedding in England a few weeks ago. Madison my niece (their daughter) and her cousin Cohen made the day a very special one! My hip never acted up once and YES I wore heels all day to the wedding :) Also hit westend and got to see Bodyguard the Whitney Houston new musical. Great day in London very touristy.

Its hectic time here, jus t flew home from Chicago, and NY is next month and the list goes on....all work relat

Anyhoooooo hope everyone is happy, healthy :)

xxoo

madisoncohen.JPG

How precious!!!

Glad you had a good trip home, Sarah and that you are keeping busy and traveling easily with your new hip:thumb:

Thanks for checking in so we'd know how life is going for you.
Take care,
Cardie

What cuties Sarah! Thanks for the lovely picture. I'm delighted you had such a good time and that your hip is doing so well! If you ever have to fly to Portland let me know :)

Great to hear from you Sarah.. So thrilled that your recovery has been a good one and that work is still exciting..

I bet it was nice to get back and see the family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back