THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sarah! Delighted to hear that you survived your first trade show, and came through with flying colours. Way to go, girl!

Happy Friday....

My new screen name will now be "missing in action" ...wait though she went missing in her heels hahahaha!

Thank you for the trade show congratulions and yes it's a great feeling to not worrying about my hip, it's a blessing. My big show in Las Vegas is June 9th and its extremely bonkers! We got hit with some big additional sales revenue goals this week, basically it's digging and looking for revenue that sometimes doesn't seem to be out there. HEY Jane come and exhibit at my show, I'll sell ya a booth :). I'm working on some other work things too which has taken a lot of my time.

Girly update at the show this past weekend one of our exhibitors who's a top notch esthetician used me as one of her guinea pigs in a class of about 75-100 people and she did a cocktail of "peels" on me, yes Ive felt like a lizard all week, I also stocked up on some fabulous make up. One of my favorite companies is called Kryolan they are a German make up company they do a lot of products for TV, Movies and also do make up for events like Ms Universe etc. I had dinner with the ladies then played make up and came home with tons of new stuff. I'm not the greatest with make up so any lessons is always good. The classic was a couple of people said I had mature skin?!?!? I think in English this means I'm heading to 50 and getting older duh!! Maturing skin sounds more politically correct. Here's some ate Friday humor that's like going to the heavy section for clothing and looking at a size with a "W" and I always call it "wide"..then the sales person will say nooooo it means "women's" sizes and I always laugh and say ummmm duh I think wide. Naughty of me, said harmlessly and in good fun always poking fun of myself.

I'm catching up on everyone's threads tomorrow and sunday morning. You are all my thoughts and miss everyone.

Jane I loved your dream, it made me smile!

Miles is flea free, I might have already said that!

xxooxx

Diane,

I work from home so he's super spoilt with me all day! Last weekend he went into his crate while I was gone maybe 7 hours, not longer than 8. I had talked to my vet about length of time and he was cool with this, when I travel he will go to the vets who board, or if just a very long day there is a doggy day care close by. Most of the time I'm home, which is nice. I've tried a few times to leave him loose at home, run of the place he seems more stressed and it's oly for maybe 30 minutes, I did this a couple of times and the last time he had peed by his crate which I thought was odd, after that he went back into his crate, a lot of people say they feel very safe in crate, plus it doesn't give him temptations. He's old enough now I would trust him with furniture.

Xxooxx

Hey Sarah

Great to have you back, did you get my email?

That sounded like a lot of girly fun and freebies as well, always a bonus.

So pleased that your hip behaved itself, I can relate to that feeling, we have been at our retirement house - doing construction.... overalls and t-shirts and working boots are the fashion statement here... heheh! Our land is very hilly and steep, so I feel like a mountain goat this week.. surprised myself though.. did get the sand between my toes and a very big beach walk... found out walking in sand is very tough on recovering muscles etc..

pleased Miles is flea free... great to have you back - was very worried when you went MIA :)

Lots of love and big big hugs xxxx

Hi Sandy,

I read your threads and thoroughly enjoyed hearing about the routine, breakfast, walks and work sounds hard work but nicer than being stuck in the office. Congratulations on moving so well, it's a good feeling yes?

I anticipate the next couple of weeks to be hectic then it will calm down either just before the show or just after. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm sure you are heading back to the city soon yes?

Tomorrow .... Boo hoo !

But the good thing is that I have negotiated a nine day fortnight due to the 10 + hour days...

So we will be able to come down more often hopefully..

Yes, hip is wonderful and I love the freedom of mobility. - don't want to give it up just yet to have the second hip done :)

Did u get my email, just checking?

Hey Sarah,

Just read a couple of your posts where you say it will be hectic for a couple of weeks and we were wondering where you were...so now we know. Hope you are well and ready for your big show in June. Miss hearing from you and Miles. Please update us when you can. Hoping the hip is superb!

I was wondering where you were, Sarah Dear! Good to hear everything is OK and it's just business (which is probably a good thing in your line of work--busy equals good sales, right?)

Take good care of yourself (and Miles, too, of course) and don't work TOO hard.

Dorothy

Hi Sarah, just dropped by to wish you all the best. Sounds like your life has returned to normal after your THR and things are looking good, if busy means good! I'm leaving BS now, but do keep in touch, especially if you're planning a visit back home. You never know, maybe we could meet up.

Lots of love, Jane

Re: DallasSarah post op update!d

Hi everyone......

My last few weeks have been a blur, my job and our show in las Vegas just finished I was out in Las Vegas for a week got home this Tuesday. The blessing is this time last year I waddled home and acted like a 90 year old lady and could just manage to get out of bed and make it to the bathroom for the first few weeks scary times! Now with my new hip, 40lbs lighter and woooooohoooo I feel amazing, little tired but no pain from walking those long concrete floors for 12-14 hour days. I love it! Tavelling, airport travel was excellent. While all this was going on I also took a trip Houston for a new job interview, however ended up accepting a great job opportunity and plan to resign my current job tomorrow. I will also be moving to Atlanta in October, YES I HAVE A NEW JOB - WOOOOOOHOOOOO

There really was quite a few times I got a cuckoooooooo mode kicking in..

My hip feels fabulous no problems at all, I even wore heals Las Vegas plus great cowboy boots , my confidence is totally strong,

So lots of new changes for this year, new job, moving exciting!

Hope everyone is well,

Xxooxx

Sarah....so good to hear from you. I'm thrilled to hear about your new job. Will it have lots of traveling like you've done before??? I know you're excited...and a MOVE as well! You're zoomin'!!!

Hi Jamie,

I don't anticipate lots of travel for the remainder of the year, next year yes! The big thing will be relocating, I figure I have 3 months to plan out. The first 7-8 months I will home office, however the team are also based In Atlanta this excites me. There is a plan to open an office early next year. I have a feeling when I start July 2nd its going to be hitting the road running,ahhhhhh lots more excitement!!

Hope your well Jamie, thank you for your continued support!!

xxooxx

Hiya Sara, fantastic news, that is awesome :thumb:

New hip, new woman, new shoes, new job, new location.. I am so thrilled for you.

How is Miles? Give him a cuddle from his virtual Mum and a hug for you xxxx

Hi Sarah,

What a wonderful update!! Glad that your hip is doing well and that your confidence has risen so nicely over the months & excursions!!

Atlanta huh, what does that mean in terms of your accent? I guess I was never clear if you had an English accent or a Texas accent or some sort of melding of the two & now add Georgian to the mix!! Fantastic :thumb:

Take care and thanks for checking in,
Cardie

:thumb: Way to go, Sara!!!! I'm so excited for you - new job, new environment, new opportunities! And I'm delighted to hear your new hip is working well and you're feeling on top of your activities! I wish you and Miles an easy move and much success in your new endeavors!

Sarah,

So happy to hear from you and all of your exciting news. And some of the best news that your hip is doing so great. Please post when you can, we love to hear about how you are doing. And little Miles...hoping he is just as well and looking forward to the move! Take care, hon.

I was just thinking about you and that you hadn't reported in for a while. I'm glad to hear there are so many good changes in your life! Wow!

I hope everything continues to go super well for you and cute Miles :thumb:

Dorothy

Hey Sarah -

CONGRATULATIONS on SO many things .... your hip recovery, health changes, new job ..... most impressive !!

I'm imagining you in those 4" heels and cowboy boots .... Youser !!!

You go Girl.

Kevin

Thank you everyone, it's so lovely to hear from you all too!

Something happened maybe 6-8 weeks ago and I felt it was time to revisit life, my job, my personal life. I really recognize how my hip had slowed my world down, and definitely shifted my personality. I feel I have a second chance and entering into a new chapter. I'm filled with joy, appreciation and ready for a new round to start.

Miles is fabulous, naughty as usual (laughing) he fast asleep right now, tomorrow he's heading out for a good hair cut and bath.

I did resign today my last day is June 29th and start adventure July 2nd. There are a couple of trips lined up DC and Atlanta, once I settle in I will touch base with updates. It's a start up trade group so there are a couple of things we are not openly talking about right now. Its an amazing opportunity and I'm looking forward to learning from this team lots of things about our shows. The other thing we are the first team to start, create and invest in this new company that's exciting!

I'll have to loose my Texas twang and swirl it a little into a Georgia twist :)

Have a good weekend!

xxooxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member