THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo Cathy it can be about you also, I like sharing the weight journey in hopes it will inspire and help others who feel stuck with the weight.

Thank you nancy :)

Diane....naughty miles is naughty all the time.....nooooo he's being pretty well behaved the last few weeks.....funny!

Have a good week!

xxooxx

Must share this......

Monday had a work related lunch......wait for it YES I wore 4 inch wedge heels WOW nelly it was an amazing feeling, and ok I'll admit I told this lady I had just had my hip replaced and her face and reaction was like no way! I was a little sore the next day, not really hip related I just hadn't worn heels since early last year.

I still get sore after sitting at desk for periods of time, I figure this will go away eventually, then again sometimes aches and pains are part of getting older zzzzzzzzzzz!!

Love to all xxooxx

Hi Sarah,
Congrats on the fantastic weight loss. That is impressive and inspiring. I am heading in the right direction now weight wise- but still in need of inspiration so :ThankYou: Do be careful in supermarkets and elsewhere.:oopss: Happy to hear no damage was done.
You sound so busy and leave me wondering how many hours you fit into a day. I am hoping my energy levels pick up as I loose more weight. BUT it is better than it was.
All the best
Gizmo

That's funny Sarah I've just started wearing wedge heels as well .... well wedge HEEL anyway ... about 9mm high 'cos of my LLD!! :hysterical:

Seriously it's a lovely milestone keep on keeping on babe!!

Charlie x

Nice report on the 4" heels -- I'd say another milestone accomplished for you!!

Come over to Alex's thread and work on the pigeon pose that she's helping us with... :thumb:

Hope Naughty Miles didn't trash the house while you were out to lunch!!

Take care,
Cardie

Hi Sarah,
Lovely to read your updates as always, well done with the 4" heels, wow.

I attended a wedding a few weeks ago and wore shoes with small heels which was a major step for me since wearing total flats for a couple of years now.
All these little milestones.
There seems to be so many people using the forum which is fantastic, but I dont have much time these days to spend reading all the newbies so I tend to read the updates of those I know who went through the surgery around the same time as myself. take care
cheers :thumb:

Happy Saturday.....Yay!

Good to hear from everyone! I'm still giggly over the heels haven't worn since, just the idea I could makes me happy. I do plan on finding a new style of shoe away from heels, my closet is loaded with high heels it's rather silly when I think how much $$ is in there. Most of the time I live in my tennis shoes.

Noooo Cardie I'll never be that flexible hahahaha! My knees are wrecked, just a reality they don't hurt at all, just have really bad range of motion maybe 110 maybe. For now I'm plodding along with walking, weight and.... Enjoying doing so much more than before my surgery.

Icky tale! Last weekend we spent some time with both sets of neighbors and their dogs, both labs. Well the one guy started to let us know he just had dealt with a major flea deal........enough said! Yep few days later 2 lovely fleas hanging out on my white bed! I ended up taking yesterday off from work, Miles went to groomer for his flea bath, hair cut routine and I had to treat my home, wash bedding, spray Bla Bla Bla! What a complete pain in the backside, good news is place is very very clean this morning. Groomer told me he had about 10 on him, he was not scratching and doesn't seem to have bites, we do use the monthly flea, heartworm, tick deal. The best part was cleaning my place was exhausting BUT physically fabulous, no aches, pains....before the surgery to clean like that I would be sore for days! I LOVE MY NEW HIP!

Getting ready now for a quiet calm weekend!

Love to all.....

xxooxx

Hi Sarah,

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about the flea invasion but good news that the total clean-up of the house was a pain-free process (on the hip, that is) & now I bet everything is fresh & lovely, including little Miles :doggieshmooze:

I hear you on the knees!! My THR side is not very compliant about rotating in either direction. Your walking is great -- and you know where all the other exercise stuff is if you feel the urge.

Hope your calm weekend is going well,
Cardie

There seems to be so many people using the forum which is fantastic, but I dont have much time these days to spend reading all the newbies so I tend to read the updates of those I know

Same here at the moment.............not getting a lot of time to spend here - anyway, just read the last few posts on your thread and need to say :wow2:

to the heels and the weight loss - envious on both counts:wink1:

I'm very impressed with your dedication - 35Lbs loss is fantastic over a relatively short space of time - well done xx

Hey Sarah -

Just doing some long overdo reading here on the forum ..... congrats on your heels, weight loss, and wonderful hip !! You continue to be an inspiration to many of us. I will never forget those first few posts you made after surgery when you were on pain meds - brings a chuckle to my day.

Hey how long are you going to be a "trainee" ? I think you are ready to be cut loose now.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thank you, I'm on the long path for training hahahaha maybe the 10 year plan :) Not sure.

I just realized maybe I need to add the disclaimer part about I'm not a medical pro on giving advice, HOWEVER on morphine pumps I'm a happy, lively expert. Is it weird to say those first few days after my surgery in the hospital were pretty groovy and fun. If the hospital had to do trials, tests on morphine pumps I would sign up...without the surgery part of course :)

You are definitely one of my inspirations! I hope you are doing well, staying busy and enjoying both your hips!

Have a good week and stay safe up there!

xxooxx

Hi Sarah, I'm a bit late in being wowed by your 4" heels. Gosh, I couldn't have managed that in the last 20 years, I don't think. Luckily heels are seldom needed in the life I lead - walking boots more useful, and wellies at present - all the time! But well done you - now when are we going to get an updated photo of the new skinny Sarah (in the 4" heels, natch), eh???

Well I must tell you, Sarah, you appeared in my dreams last night! We were both at a party in a large marquee, somewhere in Cornwall I think. I recognised you instantly, not only from your avatar photo but also because you had a fanastic hairstyle with a sort of chestnut streak in the middle, a bit like Lisa with her purple patch - you had obviously been trying out lots of new products. Anyway, you were a wow at the party because I soon lost sight of you! Isn't that funny?

Morning my friends,

I'm completely behind in saying hello. I had an industry show this past weekend which went into Monday, including dinners with clients, long days, hard concrete floors and now back in office playing catch up and YES buried in phone calls & emails for work. I'll be back by end of week. GOOD NEWS I made it through my first trade show and NO pain, tired, but no pain!

Hope everyone is well.

xxooxx

Glad your show went well :)

And, you are so funny about the morphine pump ... if I hear of a research study going on, I'll be sure to give you the heads up :) :)

Dorothy

Nice one Sarah,
Good to hear you're doing so well! The great thing is that you're getting on with with your life and your recovery isn't the MAIN thing in your life!!

Love
Charlie x

Hi Sarah

That is fantastic that you made it through your first trade show. I can imagine that those concrete floors would give you a bit of a workout.

Good to know you are ok :)

Like Charlie said, it is great when life takes over from recovery.

Chat when you are back on deck :)

Sarah,

so good to hear from you...wondered where you had been. So happy you are able to report a good time at your show and no pain...that is the best. What do you do with little Miles when at work? My doggie used to just sleep and wait for my return. Sorry about his "little critter" friends but hey, you got your house deep cleaned out of it. Take care.

Wow Sarah - that's great ! I'll be you (and most of us) would not have believed you would be reporting this 8 months ago. Congratulations.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member