THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehe Susan thats funny about the pepto stuff, my friend had earlier told me to give him that and I was like NOOOOOO and then the vet says yes..Duh!

Miles is back to normal. Gizmo you are too cute about comic characters, we are a funny pair. All the doggy owners out there know this they are such a joy and huge responsibility, I'm just very very happy I made the decision to get him, hes my little rehab motivator for sure :) He's a smart little thing too. The other day down at the office (apartment) they always offer him a dog treat and last few times he turns his nose up in there air, boring old milk bone biscuits. This time he sat and was very eager to eat milk bones, it was like he was saying HEY at my home I'm not allowed any treats right now, I'm thinking the milk bones were like caviar to him. Little stinker! His other funny thing he's treat selective meaning if I have a couple of different types he will take a treat then go and place it somewhere and come back for a better one, if I refuse he then goes and brings back the other treat and sits and eats very slowly. I just laugh at him :)

Ohhh Cardie, NO on the juicing regime I took it back to the store. The entire project of going to the store for all those veggies, then fixing OK OK OK I'll admit I flaked out. I pretty much went back to my pre surgery routine of eating salads, chicken, fish and seriously cutting down the portion it was such a shock to do it properly again. My small bowl for a salad along with the 3oz of chicken with a tablespoon of dressing really sums up how misleading it can be if you go to a take out place and get a salad that pretty much could feed 6-8 people. I've struggle with my weight for pretty much my whole life, right now I'm feeling really good and treating this like I did when I quit smoking and its working. The habit of smoking and eating are very similar. Goofy but true!

I just read another member saying how happy he was since having his hip done and I really feel the same way! Tomorrow I head back for an OS visit probably more of a formality.

Thank you everyone for always being such a great support system, I really appreciate everyone!!

love to all,

xxooxx

Here's Miles tonight being cheeky~Its lopsided you will have to see with head to one side LOL

Attachments

• Miles.jpg
    Miles.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 168
Thanks Dee and Haldox - I adore him awwwwwwwww!!

Quick update my right hip is perfect and I don't have to go back to the OS until Dec 12th. I did ask about the stiffness after sitting and they felt good by summer this will be fine. Also asked if I wanted to continue therapy would they continue to write prescription then without going in to details I'm not 100% sure about my NY trip. Its a big show and right now I think I'm nervous-scared about the entire trip my boss has assured me if I did'nt want to go all was fine, our next show would be in June in Las Vegas its a bigger show just easier. I know I sound like a complete wuss!!

Anyhoooooo this is why I LOVE my OS and his PA who I saw today. She stopped me and said Sarah whatever you want we will support you 100% this includes therapy and my trip. I like my PA she is very direct, not a big chatty person, warm though I think shes younger than me, not sure. What a great answer, she said I was truly the only person who knew my own body. We both know I can do the trip, we both also know I'll be sore ewwwww!! I'm such a baby seriously!! I have about 10 more days to decide. trip is 4 weeks away.

She also walked behind and confirmed you cannot tell I had my hip replaced, my walk is great YESSSSS!!

One other side note, I had a pretty large vein on my shin that did'nt hurt just cosmetically had been getting ugly. The day of my surgery I had joked and asked while they were doing my hip could they just zap the vein, my OS looked at me and said NO sarah we are not playing with your veins, duh blood clots etc Opppsss! Since my surgery it seems worse plus a couple more have popped up. So today they referred me to a vascular surgeon to get fixed. PA was saying that they have had quite a few patients say about this after the surgery. Its not on my other leg just operated side.

Happy here signing off :)

xxooxx

Hi Sarah, love your new-look Miles - he's so cute!

Sounds like you're continuing to make great progress. But wise to take a rain-check on your NY trip. I attended one of those huge gift shows at the Jacob Javits Center when I worked in DC - I had to lie down for 3 days afterwards! So I do understand your reluctance - those shows are a killer. I have committed to having a stall and doing soap-making demos at the Royal Welsh Show in July, which will be 3.5 months after the LTHR. My OS was a bit concerned about it, suggested delaying till the autumn, but I insisted I'd be OK. Just hope I'm right!

Sure the vein surgery will be a breeze after a THR. Good to get them sorted though.

Hey Sarah, just been down to Rye and Hastings. Thought of you and sent Hastings your love!

Morning Jane,

I'm so glad you wrote that about the Javits it's playing a little with me mentally. That venue and the city is a little bit of an assault cause. I know I can do it without a doubt, just the thought of lugging my bags, the cabs then getting around the center during moving in and out, the escalators are normally turned off for move in and both our shows take up different levels. Our Las Vegas show is a flat show, meaning you get to hotel and just walk a lot not too many obstacles. I probably was repative then duh! I find I have to mull things over forever before making a decision. I know for sure our NY hippies are making complete fun of me now hehehehehe!!

How long did it take to go from wales to Rye and Hastings, did you drive? Im completely ready for a trip home. I would love to see my brother, I need to plan. They were going to married this springtime but nothing has been said, plan was for an island wedding like in the Caribbean. They just had a little girl "Madison" I wonder if they are putting off till she is a little older now, which would make total sense.

I just read your post and need to pop over there to write more to you :)

Sending you lots of love!

xxooxx

Your NY show sounds a ruddy nightmare .... is it one of those "but I really should go ..I might miss something" things?
I used to have to go to gigantic textiles shows in Europe where you could walk all day and still not cover the whole 15 Exhibition Halls ... I hated them!
The thought of tackling NYC AND an Exhibition, with a less than 4 month old hip, sounds disconcerting to say the least! What sort of thing is it?
Apart from that you sound like you're doing fantastically well ... perhaps a video of you and Miles???

Love
Charlie
ps just noticed you had your op on my birthday!

When's your Bday charlie? I had Bday on my surgery well not exactly 11/28 was surgery 11/29 was day after was my Bday celbration maybe one day I can make a video with my miles :)

Hi Sarah,

Have you decided on the show yet? NY one sounds a little scary to me but the other one in Vegas sounds doable and you will be that much better come June.

Would love to see a video of you and Miles, sure it would be nothing but cute:th_heehee: Hope you're having a good night.

Hey Sarah,

Just checking in since the site is back up and running. Hoping you and Miles are well, you sound so good lately and that is wonderful! It is great as we continue to "turn corners" for the better with our recoveries. It takes time but when it comes together we realize we have so much to be thankful for and I am thankful for the support from you and you stepping up to be a moderator...THANK YOU!:friends:

I'll try again:DOH:.......
When did the 28th. of November become 11/28 and not 28/11?? especially confusing for us Brits when it's something like 10/8 ......
Anyway my B'day is 28/11 the same as your new hip but I'm a little older!
Please do make a vid of you and Miles you know .... silent and in B&W perhaps in French??
They do say don't appear in film with children or animals so don't use a puppy!!
Really it's great fun and you can always re-use it as a Birthday or Xmas greeting!

Love

Charlie

Good morning Charlie and Diane,

Why do they say don't make videos with children or animals? I know silly Americans with the dates hehehehehe! I know over the weekend I wrote all kinds of things and posted and now they have gone, good news the website seems fixed. Thank goodness for technical gurus!

Diane thank you for the thoughtful wishes!

This past weekend I caught myself forgetting that I had a new hip, just busy running around doing errands. I even went out to a professional basketball game the Dallas Mavericks. it was fabulous, I will admit by the time I got home and walked Miles I was completely exhausted. All the walking, escalators, crowds and stairs was great fun and not a problem just sore. With my NY show I think the reality is once you get to a show you go into an adrenaline mode and go with the flow of things and that's what its overwhelming. I'm pretty confident I'm going to miss this show. I'm completely tickled with my recovery and any slight set backs would be just wrong.

My greatest news I treated myself to a new pair of jeans and YES a size smaller woooohooooooo!

I'm still trucking along with my eating well, its still a struggle not to pick at food in the evenings. Oppps I did have a couple of bites of a ridiculous bucket of chocolate cake, it was a schmorse style one with Grahm crackers, marshmellows, the size was no exagerations enough for 10 people that's why I couldn't eat that much it was pretty icky....no no no but completely yummy! The basketball game was hosted by the Las Vegas Convention Center so the desert tray was over the top. I also had a milk chocolate cup filled with baileys ohhhh now that was delicious.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

xxooxx

just catching up .................20lbs! WOW I'm so impressed. You must have fantastic will power. I'm struggling to get my weight down, 13lbs but it's taken since Sept and I keep yo yoing - just not strong enough for your regime!

Excellent up date, Sarah! And congratulations on the weight loss and the smaller size jeans :) :thumb: You are doing fantastically well - dog walking therapy is obviously an excellent aid to THR recuperation :biggrin:

Hi Lisa and Deb,

Great to hear from you and hope you are both well....I'll pop over to your threads :) Its not easy Lisa and I battle wanting to eat yummy food all the time....my focus cap is on though.

xxooxx

I'll try again:DOH:.......
When did the 28th. of November become 11/28 and not 28/11?? especially confusing for us Brits when it's something like 10/8 ......

Charlie....actually we've discussed the date issue a couple of times in different threads. Since it's done differently depending on what country you are from....it's usually best to write dates like "November 11th" or "11 Nov." That's what we encourage people to do to avoid confusion, so if you think about it, use that format.:thumb:

Hi Sarah,

Guess what, it's been a month, so time for mom and me to get pedicures tomorrow! Can't wait as it is such a lovely, pampering time. So...you should be due for one also...treat yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties