THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah, congrats on becoming a mod! I know you will be great!:thumb:

I've always wondered what your voice sounded like because I remember you mentioning that you are English although you've lived in the U.S. for a while. I was trying to imagine what a Hastings accent combined with a Texas drawl might sound like.

Sarah, congrats on becoming a mod! I know you will be great!:thumb:

I've always wondered what your voice sounded like because I remember you mentioning that you are English although you've lived in the U.S. for a while. I was trying to imagine what a Hastings accent combined with a Texas drawl might sound like.

Me too:biggrin:

Y'all have a nice day now! Y'all fixin to come over?.....I'm naughty at mocking my southern neighbors hehehehehe! In fun though :)

It is funny how I kept my British base accent, I've been here since 1987 I definitely twang-Americanize some words like schedule, garage. Still say potato and tomato like a Brit. My big confession is I still hold a green card now on my 3rd 10 year card. Last year updated and got a new 10 year British passport. It's a big joke here, I always say because I leave the renewal date till the last minute I never want to risk applying for citizenship incase I don't have enough time. I have this feeling as I hit my later days I'll probably end up back home in England. I did go back in 2000 thinking I was going to stay forever, my dilemma was my career and contacts are here....so I quickly came back here for work!

Only time will tell!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekends!

xxooxx

Hi Sarah,
Congratulations on your moderator training.Is it a lot of work? Was there talk of real bikes! Wow that would be fun. I am a long way off from that but love cycling. One day hey. We used to enjoy centre parc holidays where you ride on bikes between activities. I'll know I'm doing really well when I am up for that again. Are you no cane all the time now? I occasionally go without but I think my gait is better with especially if I am tired.Well hope you had a great weekend.
Gizmo:thumb:

Me again :)

Gizmo LOVE your success YAY!

It's not hard work, Little bit more of an effort to check in daily and reply to more posts especially for new members. It's nice it reminds me when I was new and how everyone helped me and showed lots of support! I'm still not confident on some of the technical behind the scene functions that will come with time!

Im not sure I'm ready for a real bike yet, maybe if it was a very straight non bumpy street with no cars etc. I haven't been using my cane at all, not sure now if it's a week or two. Im still stiff first thing in the mornings, and do wobble when tired. I push myself now with my Miles walks try and go further. It feels fabulous to be able to walk him with no pain!

Happy healing!

xxooxx

Sarah,

Great news to be off the cane! I'm still using mine as still have a limp but feel stronger everyday. You're doing a great job as moderator, we're lucky to have you!

Hi Sarah, I can see you're doing a great job as a (trainee) moderator. It must be quite a lot of work to keep up with the ever-increasing number of new members.

It's funny how much you and I have in common - both born in Hastings, and I also lived in Texas (Houston for a while around 1980),, Never did learn how to say 'y'all', though. And we both had our THR's on the same day. My green card was stolen a couple of years ago, but realistically I would never have used it again, as I came home in 1989 and have only ever been back as a tourist. When I married my first husband (who was American), the US immigration authorities said to me 'now you can be a citizen!' I think they were a bit shocked when I replied that I wanted to stay British.

it is funny Jane!

I had a 2nd aunt who had a similar life to us and ended up going back to England to live in her 50's...for some reason I have that thought in my head. My baby brother just had his first baby a little girl and that also made me a little home sick, plus getting to know everyone here...well here but over there :)
Dont get me wrong I have a good life here, work hard and can afford some treats and dear friends. We'll see what life unravels!! I lived in Houston for almost 5 years by the galleria area. I like Houston too! Just dont miss the trafic and humidty yikes!!

Hope you are doing well and get ready for your 2nd hip!

Everyone here on the website who consistently post are helping me with my training, there kind words and wisdom they share with new members make y'all good peers for me :)

xxooxx

Minor updates!

My puppy boy Miles was not well. I think its from eating either his rawhide chew sticks or the stinky pig ears I grabbed him last week. Poor little boy just pooped every couple of hours and was sick. Finally spoke to vet and he suggested 1/3 dog food, 1/3 white rice and 1/3 cottage cheese (thats a first to hear of this) then to also give him teaspoon of pepto bismo YES the pink human stuff. Good news hes doing better, not 100% hopefully by tomorrow! Thank goodness he kept letting me know he had to poop, seriously its not like i open a back door we have 3 flights of stairs to get out before we see grass and he made it every time WEW!

Wew dropped 20lbs on my weight mission. I have such a good routine and feel fabulous. I think Jaycey was also right about the weight coming back off after a period of time.

Still not using cane, I definitely feel 200% better, more energy now. Last time my energy was this strong was maybe 3-4 years ago just before my hip started to act up.

Hope everyone has a good week!

xxooxx

Poor baby Miles!!! Glad to know he's feeling a bit better. Those tummy things can hang in there for a while. He's such a GOOD DOG to make it outside each time!!!

Sarah,

So good to have an update from you! Sorry about Miles tummy issues but what a good boy he is. My daughter gave her doggie pepto for a tummy ache and it worked so well.

Congrats on the weight loss...you are inspiring me to get going again...I'm maintaining but need to start losing again, it will so help with our new hips.

And good for you, no cane and lots more energy, that's why we do this and I'm so happy you are reaping the benefits.

Hi Miles, this post is for you darling boy from your virtual Mummy... I just wish I was there to rub your tummy. Get better soon... Lots of cuddles - your VM

Hi Sarah

Just had to post separately to Miles :)

But pleased you are doing so well - fantastic! and you are doing a great job as a Mod :)

xoxoxoxoxoxxox

Hi Sarah

Poor old Miles. Vets here recommend white rice and boiled chicken for poorly tummies, same idea. Susie is often sick from eating horrid things in the hedgerow, usually sorts it out herself by eating grass. Hope Miles feels better soon.
And huge congratulations on the weight loss. You'd better post a new avatar pic soon!

Sandy, how are you, dear? Cant post much as am on phone.

Love Jane

Great news on your weight loss Sarah. Good diet plus moving around more = pounds falling off! :th_heehee:

Poor Miles! Hope that tummy is settling!

Hi Sarah,
I do hope that Miles is feeling much better today. He does sound like a real little star.:doggieshmooze: I am getting comic pictures in my head of the two of you rushing down all those stairs to find the garden:hysterical:but please do be careful and remember to look after your hip too.
Really impressed by your weight loss- hopefully I am following on behind despite my weekend chinese take-away (yum)
All the best
Gizmo

Hi Sarah,

Well, it sounds like you are back to normal stuff in life and doing very well!! Are you still doing your juicing regime?

Sorry that Miles had a bad tummy!! I hope he was able to sleep thru the night and not need a middle of the night emergency walk. I'm sure your vet and dog friends have advised you to only give him treats that are made in the US (nothing from China).

Great job on dropping 20 lbs -- I bet you must be feeling really good!!
Have a good week,
Cardie

You are an inspiration to me to eat better and drop this load of weight I'm lugging around! Congratulations on 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!

Poor Miles ... hope he's still doing better. He's too cute to be sick ...

Dorothy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom