THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on joining the Mod-squad! :thumb:

It's nice to hear that your PT is going well -- I do hope that continues!! How is your gait coming along? Is the limp disappearing more as you move forward? What is this I hear about you wandering in to visit a gym???? :wink1:

All good news,
Cardie

Good Morning!

Roy, the booting off comment was about my iPad sorry don't think I mentioned that. When I have my control settings on basic format my iPad acts nicely and I can stay on as long as I want post and it's fine. The moment I try to use the enhanced styles only main reason would be the cute icons then it boots me out after a minute or two it's horrible! On my laptop none of this is an issue, it must be a iPad thing?

The chocolate don't panic I'll have it again soon!

Morning Cardie,

How are you? I need to jump over to your thread sorry!

You ROCK I love the advice you have given me...spot on! Yes I've been going to the gym ewwwwwww! Where I live we have this brand new state of the art place it's huge, all fancy machines with all the bells and whistles. I still find when I'm on the bike I get fidgety and don't want to sit on it, no excuses there is an iPod jack, tv screen and I've been going down around 9 and I have the place to myself. So I just putz around and do my homework sets and ride bike.

My gait has improved significantly, the only time I catch myself going into the penguin wobble is at home. I havent used the cane at all this week walking Miles. I feel strong, very sure footed. I'm not superwoman just happy how quickly this part of the recovery has come around. I was getting a little worried around week 8,9,10.

I have 8 weeks to go before my first work trade show in New York I'm a little more excited about it now, earlier on I was thinking of every excuse to get out of it I think now I'll be fine.

Looking forward to the mod squad experience, lots to learn. I think if I read and follow many of my peers like yourself all will be good. I'm looking forward to giving back to new members, plus it's a great reason to stay on here and keep in touch with everyone :)

Happy Friday everyone!

Hi everyone!

Today was my first day out and about running all my errands, supermarket, petsmart and Costcos with NO cane yeah!!

Diane I got my feet done NICE! Plus wore my flip flops home haven't worn them since surgery another sign Im a lot more sure footed and comfortable.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! Is 63 degrees here today and the sun is shinning big time it's beautiful.

xxooxx

Exciting, Sarah!!! That first rush of freedom!!! Hooray!

Oh...great news, so inspiring to the rest of us still using aides to walk, we will get there. So happy for you, Sarah and new feet to boot!

Thanks Jamie and Diane...

Diane you will be there soon. Some of it is confidence too, I'm not going to deny its a tad scary especially the thought of what if someone was to knock into me etc. the pedicure was a perfect plan, thank you for reminding me :)

xxooxx

:yay: Sarah!! 2 milestone today!!

Kinda jealous here-I miss my flip flops but I think I would develop frostbite trying to wear them now!:th_heehee: We dont have wonderful 63 degrees here yet:sigh:

Hi Sarah,

Your weekend errand reports always fascinate me -- our Costco on the weekends is like a frenetic bee hive, I'd rather be trampled by elephants than venture in there!! You are doing wonderfully and it is always so nice to read about your exploits here. Maybe in time the exercise bike will become more appealing, or maybe you'll get a real bike and go on outdoor trails instead?!?!? If I don't have a book to read I find the exercise bike incredibly dull as well.... in spite of the t.v. & iPod options.

Keep up the good work :)
Cardie

Ha, I work for Costco, the website. So we go to Costco about every other day, only go to a regular grocery store every other month if that.

I agree Costco is nuts on the weekends, my wife hates it, I don't care much one way or the other.

John,

Costcos is probably my favorite store! I dont do major bulk shopping because I go so frequently. I think thats the mistake people make they go every once in a while then spend a boat load of money and get discouraged. I go for all my fresh products and find they are so much better quality than the supermarket. Plus i take a shopping list.

Cardie, not sure Im brave enough yet for a real bike, soon though maybe! I had therapy today and even in the short time i feel so much better. Hope you had a good weekend!

xxooxx

Hi Sarah,

Hope you are well, see you posting a lot and offering encouragement to so many so wondering how you are. Glad PT seems to be going well for you. You're doing great at your moderator role, very uplifting words you have...

Hi Sarah,

I'm not ready for a real bike either. I have a friend that has one of those special gadgets so that she can bike on her real bike indoors during the winter months -- I might have to see about one of those and put one of my kid's bikes on it... Although, that's probably as boring at biking at the gym...

It sure sounds like you are progressing along nicely in your PT. Maybe that was a little test of your confidence when your PT person left you alone for a little bit -- if you don't feel comfortable though do speak up, it's your dime!!

I didn't get any of that "relaxation" therapy (hot pack, cold pack, stim) at the end of my PT either. Your guy is spot on, keep it moving girlie and do your own heat/ice at the end of the day at home if you need it. :thumb:

How about asking your person for some of that stretching???? It helps with improving your range of motion, which I'm sure they'll be checking periodically to get insurance authorization -- plus it feels good. Maybe it would also help to enable you to get down to and up from the floor differently as well.

Keep up the good work & how's Miles?? Is he enjoying your progress too? :doggieshmooze:
Take care,
Cardie

Hey DallasSarah (or should it be EastSussexSarah??)

I've just noticed you've become a trainee Mod!! I've always been a Rocker myself teeheehee anyways up congrats!!

Love

Charlie xxx
ps What do those little symbols mean under the Trainee Moderator mean? You know the little house and the "K"??

Hi Sarah, thanks for posting on my new thread. It's nice to be back, and especially encouraging to see you in your new role. Congratulations! I can already see that you are being very supportive of others here, and hope you're enjoying the training. When do you graduate??

I hadn't even realised that we're both 13 weeks out already, but I've just had a look at the calendar and you're right. Where does the time go? You've come such a long way in that time, Sarah, and so have I, I guess. But you're going to go from strength to strength and I'll be taking a little step backwards at the end of this month - but it won't be for long!

Cheers - good to be back.

The little "house" is really a clubhouse and it indicates the member is in the BoneSmartie Club. When you'e in the club you also are entitled to the little "L" and "H" blocks that show whether you have hips or knees replaced.

Here is more information on the BoneSmarties Club if you're interested:

BoneSmarties Club

Oh my goodness i forgot about my own thread!

You guys are the best thank you for all the sweet words and kind thoughts it made my night :)

I think or know we are all very supportive to new members and each other, this new mod experience is new and takes a minute to get use to, I'm enjoying :)

I must share this, Mr Charlie making the East Sussex comment. Last weekend Josephine called me to YES train me, its a little overwhelming seriously! We spoke for maybe 5 words and she said....your English Sarah! Yes and apparently still sound like that gal from Hastings! My brother always makes fun of me saying I'm completely "Americanized" naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I believe Josephine before him :)

I thought the "K" by my profile picture standed for knackered! I used that expression the other day at therapy and they all made fun of me saying I was to eager to leave the building!!

My puppy boy Miles is just a delight to have around and yes we do lots of walking daily.

Jane glad you are back, we just need Sandy back definitely miss the pair of you mostly because you give so much of yourselves it's nice"

Last thought its amazing how many new hippies there are....

Night Night!

PS if any of our members are in the Indiana and southern states where the tornados you are in my thoughts, there is some very scary weather out there right now!

I'm back !!!!

Funny you should mention talking to Jo, when I have chatted with her, I said 'you don't sound like I thought you would' and Jo said 'did you think I would sound like the queen' - so my reply was 'yes, you do :) and I love it'

You are our queen Jo and we love you very, very much for your dedication and true calling to this forum and its members xxx and thanks for your encouraging email.

We are having horrible floods here with lots of evacuations... what has happened to world climate ??

This Is another great surprise tonight welcome home Sandy!

Missed you big time! Hope you are well and also hope you are staying around much longer.

Sorry about the floods, I know we all live in weird times with the weather and climate scary.

Sending you lots of love! Miles says wuff wuff and lick lick!

xxooxx

I am back for good - just had to deal with personal things.

Thanks Miles for the wuff's and licks

xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties