THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasSarah

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Wow is all I can say I've been wide awake since surgery, eating like a race horse thinking of you Sandy tonight eating steak and looking forward to breakfast already hahahahah!

I'm on a morphine pump was sore when first came out of surgery but once morphine kicked in all has been good. Later on will share the
Other injection it's a anti flamatory taking very 8 hrs but only allowed 3 shots total. He also numbed my hip probably wearing off soon.

Did do exercises and stood took maybe 2 steps. It did feel sicky not major.

I feel absolutely speechless how good I feel!! Tomorrow could be a little shaky wi two sessions of therapy but not worried. I'm allowed full weight bearing isn't that amazing. Wow wow wow! My biggest gift today was my ex poss girlfriend picked me up at 9.30am ans just left about 8.30pm I know his was
Such a huge comfort she spoiled me sillyo think it's mandatory someone is there before and afterwards. I sooooooo love her dearly for doing this today!

Will write more soon!

Love to the surgeries tomorrow!

Night night...

Xxooxx

Sorry for typos I'm sure my first post will make sense!

So glad to hear you are doing well. Thanks for posting!!!

Just be sure you keep an eye on your pain levels. They can change and you want to catch it BEFORE the pain gets very bad.

You're well on your way now to that new life you've been looking for. Pain free...here she comes!!!!

Thanks! Yes to staying on top of pain Meds I think that is one main thing how this website edu.....macated me, educated trying to be sweet :) morphine giggle! The anti flam stuff is called toroidal for now pump is good plus there are back up stuff if needed!

Hey Sarah

So good to hear from you, so pleased you are now on the other side with me....

See, the hunger thing is so real. I kind of think that the body recognizes that it needs fuel (apart from the fasting time) as part of the need to start the repair process and boy does it kick in quick.

Fantastic that you have taken a couple of steps, the nausea will go away and if not they will give you something for it.

As for your two PT sessions tomorrow, you will be amazed, even the sleep overnight is healing. It is truly a miracle how quickly the body starts the healing within minutes of being attacked.

You will do fine :)

Oh, and my hunger phase is winding down a little, changing from protein to fruits and salads.. When I was studying to be a Naturopath I recall one particle lecture where the lecturer ( a very prominent international Herbalist) explained that the body has a way of knowing what food it needs to survive.

I have never forgotten that (talking healthy food, not processed) in over twenty years and I have learnt to listen closely to the messages my body gives out.

So Sarah enjoy being spoilt and cared for in hospital, because you are special :) ((( hugs ))) xx

Sarah, WooHooooo! So good to hear it all went well. Good luck with everything you will be facing next couple of days. I hope you are asleep by now, for some reason after ten days of crashing early I am wide awake. But glad because it let me see your posts. Have a fantastic first day with your new hip!

Sarah, your post cracked me up! :hysterical: You sound like I felt after my surgery. I was so happy... Morphine is great, isn't it? :yes 4: I hope tomorrow you feel just as good. I'm so happy for you and depending on what time it is there I hope you have a good nights sleep. (Oh, silly me... I think "Dallas" gives away your time zone.... I'm sure you are sleeping like a baby right now)

Me again it's about 1am - I slept for maybe 2 hrs not deep but a nice snooze, whatever they injected into my hip is wearing off I can really feel ice which feels good! Another good tip from the team here! Nurse was saying sometime first night it's hard to sleep because of general. I do feel good no pain, Sandy you will laugh YES I'm hungry hurry up breakfast hehehehehe here goes snooze time!

xxooxx

Hi Sarah

You can always ask for a late night supper, toast never tasted so good in the middle of the night.

Keep up with the icing and elevating if appropriate, I got my OS to write it up in the orders so that it happened automatically.

Hope you have a good night, I am sure they have additional pain Meds ordered, don't hesitate if you wake and need them, you have a big PT day tomorrow. xxooxx Sandy

Morning y'all...

Slept in 2 hour slots, but slept well especially last one, it's early here 5.30 probably will sleep again they gave me some bennerdryl I have a slight morphine itch not major but annoying LOVE morphine. I'm still happy no real pain ands feel so perky! Right now eating graham crackers with apple juice yummy! Breakfast is about 7-8 ish.

Here is the name for my hip I was surprised that I got ceramic. As long as it works no worries from me.

Pinnacle - Gription ace tabular sell sector & biolox Delta ceramic femoral head

Took last antibiotic this morning. Yes Ice ice ice feels good no elevation yet, PT later today hopefully no Nausia and it will be easy fingers crossed.

So far so good!

Thank you for all the wishes!

Sandy thanks for food tip I love the idea that I'm eating, munching so well!

Hey Sarah -

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the other side !! Your posts crack me up - you must have the morphine pump in one hand, and your computer or smartphone in the other. I don't think I've seen such "real time" updates as you are providing !

Good luck to you in the hours and days ahead. Ditto what others have said about listening to your body.

Hey - how about a picture !!! ??

Kevin

Welcome to the Other Side Sarah!!

I know what you mean about hunger, I even have a picture of my wonderful turkey sandwich post op!! Dont think turkey ever tasted soo good.

Laughing! Kevin you and Anita take awards for the real time updates!

My friends will be here later then we could take photos unless vanity overrides!

It's almost breakfast time yessssssss!

Plus between you, Anita and sandy because we are all in same time frame your postings have been very helpful, so no worries on over doing the PT this morning, I already chatted with nurse bout backup in Meds, I feel good even lat night when sleeping for this couple of hours didn't need to pump and woke up and nooooo pain! Definitely proactive on tying head on pain.

Later today they will take out drain thing on hip!

All I hope today is no Nausia when I get up that's all.

Here's more fun it's my Bday today we discussed margaritas for breakfast but opted or a Bday morphine cocktail sounds like a winner!

I need to catch with you, Anita and sandy hoping your recoveries are doing well!

Food time! Love love my iPad yay!

Xxooxx

PS hank you halox too ohhh yes turkey sounds yummy waaaaa all food sounds yummy! If I miss anyone not intentional sorry

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the other side, you sound loopy!! :rolleyespink:

Your hardware bundle sounds similar to mine, it's a lovely combination :thumb:

Glad that you are having an appetite, mine was nil in the hospital...

Enjoy visiting with your friends and Happy Birthday!!

Take care,
Cardie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sarah and congrats on that new hip. What a birthday present for you.

It's always funny to read back once you are doing well at home and look at your first posts afterwards. I had to giggle when I re-read mine. What meds and typing will do.

Take care and get plenty of rest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sarah and congrats on that new hip. What a birthday present for you.

It's always funny to read back once you are doing well at home and look at your first posts afterwards. I had to giggle when I re-read mine. What meds and typing will do.

Take care and get plenty of rest.

Pain meds and typing on a tablet. That's tougher than getting your hip replaced! :th_heehee:

Congrats Sarah! Looking forward to following your recovery! :thumb:

awww.forumup.com_images_smiles_slider_candlescake.gif
Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift to yourself!

I've been wondering how you are doing! Glad to here things are good and they are giving you good drugs, lol.

I remember the morphine from when I had my hysterectomy. It was the only thing that helped with the pain the first 12 hours or so, and it was wonderful great stuff. I will have it again after my hip replacement. Works great on pain!

Keep us updated on your progress. Your posts are very entertaining! :)

Happy, happy birthday Sarah big ((( hugs))) and lots of love - chat soon xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back