THR Cstinchcomb's Right Hip Recovery

:wave:Glad you got home where you can get more comfy (well, comfy as one can be at this point)

Healing hugsxxxx

Usually the LLD settles down, sometimes in several weeks - sometimes a bit longer but in most cases it does. You have a lot of uptight muscles, tendons,ligaments that are contracted and tensed.
That certainly adds to the feeling of LLD.

Isn't it great to be able to get around some? I don't know who was the happiest about that, me or my husband! :heehee:
Some nausea last night, must make my self eat a little with each batch of pills.
I kept saltine crackers nearby and even tried honey graham crackers, it was a big help with that nausea and pill taking. I also loved me some diet ginger ale.. :beer:

Have a great day!

Sending healing and comfort to you Cst. I hope you are resting well. The first days are rough but ice and naps help make them more comfortable. I found a small glass of thick nut milk helped with pill time when I wasn't up to a snack. Califia unsweetened almond milk is my friend.

Hugs to you,
Carita

Thanks, @Carita and @CricketHip. More supplies :). Will try some oatmeal.
Yesterday I ended up drinking a lot of apple juice. No more sugar, thanks.
At this point I don't want to be up more than about 20-30 minutes at a time.
Goal for today :flwrysmile:: shower.

That article from Josephine on energy drain was really helpful .

Yesterday was a really good day. I was up more. Shower was lovely and not too exhausting. Batched up activities into 30-45 minute chunks.

Today so far has been a bit of a struggle but is looking up. For me, constipation is the worst part entirely. This time was so frustrating because I spent a lot of effort trying to manage it before and after surgery. This morning I spent too much time standing or walking around trying to encourage my body to cooperate, got too tired --> some incision pain.
Finally resolved , now nap time. :sleep: :ice:

@cstinchcomb it's such a delicate dance we do trying to balance our recovery. That first shower is such a wonderful thing! :bath: ( you get my drift)
Have you tried prunes or prune juice for the constipation? Also they say that canned pumpkin with no other additives is helpful. You can add some cinnamon to make it taste better.

Thanks, @CricketHip. Constipation is over, I think.

I used prunes, psyllium, apple juice, miralax, senna, broccoli, oatmeal .... any one of which wiould work in normal times. I eat psyllium as part of my regular diet. Probably left a few things out . Hopefully back to normal now.

Feel much better. Chicken and zucchini for dinner in a few min .

Getting things going was such a struggle for me after surgery ...I kept the stool softeners going for longer than I expected...:nah:
Hope today is a good day!!!

Yesterday was a good day and I am hopeful of course for today as well.

I was up and about for much if the day but try to lie down every hour or so for at least a half hour. Did some tidying up, laundry, dishwasher, made a good dinner. Slept about 3 hrs in the afternoon. Got outside :SUNsmile::yes!: picked some easy to reach loquats. Slept v well last night. Probably the drugs but I'll take it .

Thanks again for the encouragement and kind words. :mooncat:

You sound like you are doing well! Good sleep and good times in the bathroom sure makes everything seem brighter.. :yes:

My delicate dance continues to make me mostly happy.

Last night I was freaking out about my LLD. I spend 90% of my time barefoot (WFH since 1990) so the idea of a "lift in my shoe" doesn't really work for me .

This morning when I first got up, hip well rested , not much if any swelling -- I think gee, really no LLD. This is a really good sign. It's so early in my recovery. I need to chill out.

Now resting more with ice and elevation. :ice:

Chilling :ice:is the advice for both the hip and ourselves. No additional stress from every twinge and perceived difference. Time takes care of so much when we practice patience. Easier said than done but only a reminder as you reminded yourself. You sound overall like you are doing great for this stage of recovery.

My postop appt with my surgeon's PA went well. Got some xrays, things look as they should, I guess. They left a large cyst in the roof of my acetabulum, I have asked some questions about that. Initial response is that it's fine.
I do not feel any exceptional pain in that area. Dressing now off, sewn incision covered in steri-strips.

We seem to be on the same page regarding physical therapy. As does my actual physical therapist :).

We don't want folks in the house right now (covid), so I had a half hour video visit. I like her, and think it was and will be helpful. I am refocusing on the small perfect steps that I've been recommending to everyone here. We discussed strategy and the healing up process.

I am now ok to use one crutch and am doing so more often in the house. Also started some single block walks with both crutches. Really short block, only takes about 8 minutes . The act of going out for a walk helps me focus on walking properly .

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom