• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

counting down the days.....

luvcats

post-grad
Country
United States United States
why do I feel like I’m a cliff diving?
Scary, but exciting!! Jumping is terrifying, but I'm told freefall is wonderful. Just imagine how much freedom is waiting on the other side of the jump? (After recovery, of course)

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I was so scared before my surgery that I really wanted to cancel but I was too embarrassed to have to tell my friends I cancelled, so I went through with it. :heehee:

jeffjob

Country
You will do fine and better that it is early. I had to arrive at 6:30 for an 8:30 TKR, both times.

I kind of get the comparison of cliff diving. There will come a point of no return here and you are releasing all control to your hospital team. The good news is that they do this every day and while it is a big event for us, it is common for them.

It's time to trust the team you selected. Do all you prep and keep a positive attitide. Yes the recovery will be difficult at times be remember you are heading in the right direction. It is so wonderful to fee the OA pain gone!

Top Bottom