Cortisone injection

One thing w the TENs that I learned the hard way (I do that a lot, it seems :kickedout:).

It IS only masking pain...and if you go do stuff you would normally do, when you take it off the pain is like :dead:.

One thing w the TENs that I learned the hard way (I do that a lot, it seems :kickedout:).

It IS only masking pain...and if you go do stuff you would normally do, when you take it off the pain is like :dead:.

Oh dear... roll on visit to the surgeon.

@Fairydell
I don't think we can often honestly say "I know what you are going through" but I truly believe I can say this in earnest.
My elusive diagnosis had me in terrible pain, sleep deprived, and depressed!
My heart is full of sympathy.
All I can say, is keep the faith as you near the solution, which IS THR!
I am thinking of you as I know how time must seem to drag.
Just know you are not alone.
Lots of good folks here that want you better.

Last edited:
Thank you @Mojo333 I am counting down the days until I see the surgeon on the 14th Feb. I really can't take much more pain. It's awful. I am a right old misery guts lately. The hip has taken over my whole life

@Fairydell i know that feeling. The pain really drags you down and there doesn't seem to be anything to relieve it but It's not long now until you have a valentines date with your surgeon. Those days will soon tick by.

Hi @Bionic How are you recovering from your op? Has it taken away the pain?
I have rubbed everything on that anyone suggests. I have thrown turmeric, black pepper and glucosamine down my throat like it is going out of fashion. I do the exercises most days, I take short walks at least once most days... they have all helped with the stiffness but it is the constant pain that is grinding me down. Until August last year a seven mile walk was merely a pleasant stroll... now I can barely manage a walk around the block... with the aid of a walking stick. Counting down the days now.

You will get your life back with this surgery!
Come on Valentine's Day!:loveshwr::loveshwr:

@Fairydell
I am recovering very well from my 2 hip ops. The pain I had before the ops went immediately and that is such a relief. Of course you then have to get over major surgery. I really didn't find that too bad. I took my meds by the clock, even when it meant waking during the wee hours, as they had done in hospital.
The biggest problem for me was probably the lack of sleep. I find it very difficult to sleep on my back.
I am still going through the 3 months 90 degree restrictions for the second op and although I can now sleep on both sides I find myself waking up very often to alter the pillow between my knees.
Because I am waiting for a knee replacement in March I am still in pain, but not from the hips, and that is stopping me from getting the best out of my new hips. But, roll on late spring summer and I expect to feel like a new woman.
I think its important not to over do it whilst in recovery, early recovery at least. I took my time and listened to my body. Don't try to emulate stories you may have heard from others who are walking 4 miles at 2 weeks post op.
Not long now for you, its the best decision you could have made.

:happyfeet: Super overdue good news.

Now... No obsessive googling and no negative thoughts. Valentine's thoughts for you and @Carriemay60

Roses are red
Violets are blue
A life without hip pain
Is coming into view.:loveshwr:

@Bionic My friend has just mentioned injections that she has to administer after having her hip op. I hadn't heard anything about this... is it true..:yikes::scary:

My friend has just mentioned injections that she has to administer after having her hip op.
Totally surgeon dependent. Some only prescribe daily aspirin for a few weeks post op. I had to do the injections post RTHR and I am totally needle phobic. They are very easy to do and the needle is tiny. Please don't worry. Here's a link to an article Jo wrote for us about these injections - very helpful.

@Fairydell
Those are the blood thining injections. I never had them, thank god. I think I would have struggled doing them myself.
The 3 days each time that I was in hospital the nurses gave them to me but when I left I was given Pradaxa, a blood thining tablet. One each day for 28 days.

Another question for the doc...I just had aspirin.

Another question for the doc...I just had aspirin.
I emailed him last night... I think perhaps the fact that I am quite active (or at least I was and will be again) might mean aspirin will be sufficient

Good.:yes:
One less thing to worry about.
The waiting and what if games we play in our head are the worst part of this process, in my opinion.
You will have lots of support here.:friends:
Hope you have a good weekend @fairydell:SUNsmile:

@Fairydell Congratulations on getting your surgery date! Mine is also April 4th :loveshwr:

Hi @Carriemay60 Good luck with the op. Now that I am resigned to having it I will be glad to just get it over and done with. I have already begun planning a marathon cooking for the freezer session. I will do that towards the end of March.

@Fairydell Good morning, for me it's early.
:mcoffee:
Remind me, which hip is it?
We will add your date to your signature (before you change your mind:heehee:)

Getting rid of that neverending hip pain will be Amazing!:happydance:

@Fairydell
In your marathon cooking session include some soups, particularly if you can get some pumpkin in. All that veg is good for your digestion and helps with the constipation.
I puréed some pumpkin at Halloween and its in the freezer. I intend to make some soup with it next week ready for my op on 1st Mar.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom