FraidyCat
senior
- Joined
- May 31, 2013
- Messages
- 301
- Age
- 76
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
At this point, I feel rather out of place on this forum because my THR definitely doesn't fall into the "successful" category. Three and a half months postop, I'm still on crutches and told by the surgeon to avoid PT, at least until the next postop visit on 11/3. I already detailed my xray finding and surgeon's instructions in my previous post, so I won't repeat. What I'd like to know is how long others who might have had "hairline fracture" post-THR had to wait for the fracture to heal, how long they were reliant on crutches, and, most importantly, how long, after they were cleared for PT, it took to regain normal or even near-normal mobility. My fracture isn't actually that painful anymore--but if I try to take even a modest number of steps without it, my gait is what's been described as either a pronounced limp or a lurch, which has led the surgeon and a PT who made a few visits to the house for "crutch guidance" to say I should discontinue the walking-without-crutches attempts immediately. It's almost as though there's some disconnect between my brain command and whichever muscle or joint controls walking. All of this continues to be deeply concerning ...

