• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Conformis

Rayshir

Country
United States United States
Is anybody using the conformis implant? I’m researching for my future replacement. Thanks for any and all replies.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Rayshir Welcome to BoneSmart! We have several members who had Conformis implants. But you would need to have an assessment to see if you are actually a candidate for this implant before proceeding.

I recommend researching for an excellent surgeon who does hundreds of TKRs per year. Then let that surgeon use the implant they have the most experience with given you own medical condition.

Here's an article from our Library that might help: Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis

tiaint

Country
Hello Rayshir

I had my 2nd Conformis fitted just 10 days ago,on the left where I have the cruciate retaining version. i forgot how much this hurts to have done but the tkr pain is less than I had in reconstruction surgeries over the years

i had my right tkr 2 years ago, same surgeon but the stabilised implant no PCL I had various horrible, barely successful re-constructions over the years

Mr James Lewis is a very gentle man, precise surgeon, no hammer, no tourniquet, uses nerve blocks
He has some helpful info and videos on his site of patients

I’ve had no sensation ever that there is something in me as it says in the ads

Even after 2 years some mild pain & stiffness until I get up and my R knee warms up.
In contrast the natural knee was beautifully loose & pain free until I got up and put some weight on it when the pain started for the day so I hadto get that done as well

I also liked the scanned / printed cutting guides which are supposed to minimise the cut and then the implant is pre-fitted so they just slot in. Surgeon says good results are consistently reproducible in all patients for him, I believe he does 5 to 10 Conformis knees a week. I worried I may need a revision so the bone conservative approach was appealing

i was told both knees went in well and this one will be easier to rehab. I ruptured my PCL 30 years ago and my tibia was very badly out of line but after a year it came back straight, the hamstrings lengthened naturally to allow this. Like many people on here say (thank you to all) don’t stress on the physio and torture yourself, time will sort things out and extension will come

I’m hopeful that in 6 months when I have had the 2 good new knees for a while, I will have stopped limping & the mild pain and stiffness I mentioned above will resolve Itself

i hope this helps

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @tiaint - and :welome:

Please will you tell us the full date of your second knee replacement and which knee it is, so we can make a signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:

tiaint

Country
Hi Celle, thank you for the nice welcome
I was having a happy lurk in the background,trying to help someone on Conformis
But very sad to read about Josephine and the rough treatment she has received from former colleagues, I thought NHS would have looked after their own with more respect
And then you caught me out!
I wasn’t looking to have a recovery thread but why not make some notes as I go through it

LTKR 13.11.19 Conformis cruciate retaining

RTKR 4.11.17 Conformis posterior stabilised

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thank you for the further details about your surgeries. I've added them to your signature.

And then you caught me out!
I wasn’t looking to have a recovery thread but why not make some notes as I go through it
Sure! We'd love to hear more about how you're getting on.

My Mum was a Londoner, born in Leytonstone.

Top Bottom