Revision TKR Complicated RTKR revision 2015, considering LTKR

Now to the patience part. He made me repeat after him " I have had a very extensive, very complicated revision and it may take a long time to completely recover "
I love this guy!
I can feel your frustration with the slow process. The good news is it sounds like you're in good hands and if you take it slow you will get a good end result.

I do feel like I'm in good hands and it truly makes a difference. The slow part ...

It does feel like forever! I occupied myself with Christmas shopping on line, then when things started coming in I set up a wrapping station where I could elevate my leg so I could wrap whenever I had the energy. It's wasn't enough to fill the day, but allowed me to make a schedule of sorts. After 32 years of teaching I was used to having a routine or schedule for my day which helped the days not drag on.
Your OS sounds like a caring, understanding Doctor. He's a keeper.

That is so funny because a few hours ago I did exactly that - set up a wrapping station and wrapped a whole bunch of gifts with tape and wrap on one side of my stack of pillows and gifts on the other ! Amazing how anything different is exciting - but also how tiring everything is. But today was a better day and I'm grateful for that

Your awesome

TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
October 29, 2015, knee replacement removed. Antibiotic Spacers in
Nov 3'. 2stage reversion began
Nov. 10 2015' debridement. New spacer, no weight bearing

Hi all. I've been busy with life stuff as have we all I suspect but wanted to drop by with some positive news for a change. For whatever reasons, my knee has finally decided it's time to start healing. I'm rather suddenly able to walk much farther with very little discomfort and almost never any pain. I suspect starting an NSAID has helped a lot ( though my tummy isn't so happy...) but I really think somehow it's just time. And I have to say it looks like I've joined the @Josephine club... because I have had virtually no physio and have magically achieved and maintained ROM of 120/0 for almost 3 months. Next is strengthening and since I'm off to the south tomorrow it will be the pool and stationery bike for me. So, looking forward to a new era and wishing all a happy holiday and happy, healthy New Year !

Well, that's so very kind of you to say that and I am delighted. I am presently putting together a list of people who have benefited from the 'BoneSmart' method as I want to deliver a paper at the BOA conference next year!

Help please. I should be in knee revision area as I used to be but I can’t find my original thread. Considering having a TKR on the other knee so want to get active again. Thanks

Thanks Jaycey. I think I belong more in the post revision group so wouldn’t mind if you would reopen the first one. Thank you so much

Now open for you. If you would like the title changed just let me know.

If you don’t mind maybe rename it to Complicated RTKR revision 2015 , considering LTKR

thanks so much !

@Randi , I've merged your new thread with you old thread, so there's some sort of explanation as to why the 2015 thread has been resurrected. I hope that's OK with you.

Do let us know when you have a surgery date for your second knee, won't you?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back