BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

Complex hip replacement

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by LINDZ1975, Feb 13, 2018.

1. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I will after I finish work if that has happened I will be serouisly annoyed and I will definitely complain, I don't think that I can insist because my operation is not straight forward if it was I would going to the royal hallamshire hospital and not the northern general hospital both of which are in sheffield but I will give them a call later today after I finish work. Cl

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

Hi all
    I just phoned the waiting list coordinator and the good news is that I am the waiting list but the bad news is the operation is not until the end of June according to the waiting list coordinator. He has given me a number to call to find out why it has changed from April to June

3. Jaycey

Jaycey SUPER MODERATOR Moderator

I was afraid of that. My letters usually come months before the op. So sorry you have to wait until June!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

Hi

It is not fair when they do things like that first I was told within the month when I went to sign my consent forms. Then I was given a rough date of 24th April and now end of June is am supposed to be going to Scotland in August and also Worcester. I thought they were supposed to do the operation within 18 weeks of being referred . I know my boss won't be impressed and neither am I looks like I have more waiting to do

5. Jaycey

Jaycey SUPER MODERATOR Moderator

Unfortunately the 18 week wait is long gone. In fact many areas are severely limiting the amount of orthopaedic surgery offered. You are very lucky to be on a wait list.

Do follow up and find out why your date was pushed out. It isn't fair that you had no notice at all!

6. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

I have a number to call tomorrow to find out why.

7. anny

anny graduate

New Zealand New Zealand
    Good luck with the phone call LINDZ, all this uncertainty certainly ramps up the anxiety! Have you asked to go on their cancellation list? (tho I found the cancellation list was as long as the normal list cos everyone wanted one :doh:) I had a nearly 6 mth wait from date to op, but I did find that the waiting was a bit easier once I had a definite date, even if it was only ticking it (chasing them up) off on the 'to do' list. :fingersx: they can come up with something earlier

8. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

Hi Anny it is not that easy to go on the cancellation list because they need to arrange cover for me at work

9. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    Sorry for all this unnecessary stress. And when you are struggling with Hip pain, all the worse.
    Hope your job is understanding that this is all or of your hands, but this surgery will make you more productive even if they have to cover things on short notice.
    Hope you get resolution soon.

10. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

They can't cover at short notice. I just called the hospital again she said the surgeon is still planning the surgery and she is waiting for the good ahead before contacting me she also said that the people who told me the previous dates should not have done so. It is really annoying and I thought my wait was nearly over and now it is just beginning. I hope that it does happen in june because I am going to Scotland in August and also Worcester for August bank holiday

11. hipster333

hipster333 senior

Canada Canada
    Hi @LINDZ1975 that has to be so frustrating to have things delayed for so long. Were you planning on doing a lot of walking in Scotland and Worcester? I'm only asking because I am two months out right now and don't think I'd be able to do a lot of walking on vacation. I had the general anesthesia with my surgery as well and had nausea afterwards from it. I was terrified of waking up during the spinal so chose the general. I'm sure you will do great! We'll be here cheering you on.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

No we were visiting a friend for a few days