Lounge Doctor
Ask the Expert Webinar

THR Cold Therapy Ice Machine suggestions

zuffa27

Country
United States United States
Hi all! Surgery set for September 21 and trying to get what I need in order to heal the best way. Does anyone have suggestions on Cold therapy ice machines? I've seen some by Berg but figured I'd reach out to the community. Thanks everyone!

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hello! I think this link just may be very helpful to you.

Congratulations on setting your surgery date.. I found that to be one of the hardest decisions to make.
then everything because a little easier, mentally.

Going4fun

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I got a used Ossur ice machine, and then filkled out water bottles and froze those and use those as "ice" with water around them. Extremely convenient in the first few weeks ... I didn't need it for long and after a few weeks, I just transitioned to an occasional ice therapy pad. With the machine, I could ice on and off all day without having to add more bottles of ice. No going back and forth to the freezer or sending someone back and forth to the freezer to get an ice pack or to put a pack back to freeze again.

I was happy to get the Ossur, because I'm kinda paranoid and I wanted to err on the side of ultra convenience. The machine is now packed away in my basement. For me the machine (not particularly the brand by the way-I'm not saying Ossur was special) brought convenience and lessened fear and anxiety. Which was worth substantial dollars to me even though the machine ended up in the basement in not too long.

Pink Peony

Country
I second the Ossur, and second the frozen water bottles. I never buy water bottles, but purchased a 12 pack before my date, and saved them. I had 12 bottles frozen, and rotated 4 at a time.

I found a website that had reviewed ice machines, and the only negative I remember is that they said the Ossur hip pad wasn't quite as big as the other competitor (possibly Breg). I found that the hip pad worked fine for me.

The ice machine and my new recliner were the best purchases.

Eman85

post-grad
Country
mine is a Breg polar pack and it was a parting gift for being a contestant in the THR game. They gave me one each time when I left the hospital.

OP
OP
Z

zuffa27

Country
Hahaha that's awesome! Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello,
Hope you’re all ready, set, go for Monday.
We’ll be here ready to cheer you on once you’re healing on the bright side.
Please join us in the Hip Recovery Area when you’re home and resting comfortably.
All the best to you!
@zuffa27

OP
OP
Z

zuffa27

Country
Thank you! I think I'm all set and once surgery day comes I'll be sure to jump into post op area and share my experiences. Thanks again!

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. See you on the shiny (recovery) side when you are able to post.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:Sending healing hugs in advance @zuffa27
See you on the healing side!!!

Bye bye hip pain.:tada:

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online