THR Cocoon to moth

@Fit4Family I go days w/o the nerve jolt, think all's well. Even carried my hiking poles the last 2 times I walked outside, did not use them. Then today I stepped wrong or something inside my house and bam, jolt from hip to my foot. Like an electric shock. Man it hurts for a second. Still went for my walk, but used my poles to start, then carried them. So frustrating. I'm glad you are making some progress. I also notice bending over still irritates the heck out of my hip. Will it ever end...we hope so don't we...Glad you mentioned you get the jolt sometimes. ♥️

Do you have any sense what brings on this "jolt", @Cecropia? It does sound painful but also mercifully short-lived when it occurs. I don't get jolts, just an uptick in aching sometimes which extends from my lower back, down my butt and upper thigh. I know (sheesh, hoping!) that this will fade with time and as long as I'm faithful in terms of my daily PT exercises, but it is so wearying sometimes and it makes me grouchy. I still think you're doing remarkably well and really fairly active overall. Are you "perfect"? Nope, but I'm holding out hope for ALL of us 2019 hipsters that 2020 will bring an active and pain-free life ahead. Happy Friday!

Happy Saturday, Cecropia
Wondering what fun adventure you have planned for the weekend?
Whatever it is I hope the weather cooperates. We're starting out rainy here and it may continue for a good portion of the day...yuk! It's cold too @ 47F

I know hearing this gets old but keep in mind you're still early into recovery in the whole scheme of things. Hopefully times in between "the jolt" become further and far between and you lose track of when it last happened. Fingers crossed for a comfy jolt free weekend.
Hugs
@Cecropia

:wave:I did it. Went kayaking this afternoon for 2 hours. Got in and out okay. I have a sit inside kayak. The lake is no wake, no cottages. A little color starting north a ways. My last challenge for the warm season accomplished and hip soreness no worse. Did not need cane.
One pic of lake and my wind blown happy face....me and my kayak....
rps20191010_182901.jpg
rps20191010_183103.jpg

@CricketHip Your new pic is cute. Thanks.
I don't know about recovery success story, hope someday. My husband says I'm a "gamer". I'm still struggling along, but I hope I can give a better update at 5 months than my 4 month was. :fingersx:

That is amazing @Cecropia Good for you!
Love the pic of your windblown happy face and the fact that you accomplished all without incident or set-back. Another thing to cross off the list.
May your weekend be lovely! :loveshwr:

Hi @Cecropia! I'm a bit behind the curve here but wanted to wish you a Happy Five Month Anniversary! Just wondered how you're doing out and about living your life. Drop a line if you get the chance, we'd love to hear from you.
:biking::realing:

Just wanted to stop by and wish you Happy Holidays and hope your New Year brings you everything you want! Almost 7 months!
:wreath::snow::xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon::new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon::snow::wreath:

Yes, I am joining Elf in wishing you the best of what the holidays can bring. I also hope you are still feeling improvements with your hip! :banana-santa:

:hi: Hi @Cecropia
A belated Happy One Year Anniversary to you!
Hopefully you receive notifications and you will stop by and update us on all the progress you‘ve made over the past year. We’d love to hear from you if time allows.
Stay safe...hoping all is well! :)

Yep, me too...what Layla said.:tada:

Tried tagging you but you don't show up, hoping you see our happy anniversary posts! Would love to hear how you're doing!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks