THR Cocoon to moth

@mikeycat Renting a bed might work if its electric? Especially with bilateral hips. The hospital bed was nice with all the controls. I had a roommate, hers was knee surgery and we agreed we would like to take the hospital beds home with us...:heehee: they were actually pretty comfy but then again we were more heavily on pain meds...that night.:giggle:

Day 4. Norco does not make me nauseous, just loopy even at 5mg. So I got up at 8am, bathroom, did my 5min walk. Took my Norco and tylenol, oops no food on stomach, forgot to eat first. Was in bed, did not dare move, afraid of vertigo, husband quick fixed me oatmeal and a glass of milk which helped. I will remember the morning dose, I need to eat first to help with the loopy feeling. My husband puts my compression stockings on for me. The girl at hospital measured them, really? Miles too long. Second day for him to do this. I help as much as I can without bending too much.:gaah:He's off grocery shopping now. Had my icing. Toiletries in order. I can't seem to nap during the day, never have, but I slept in bed again last night. Groin was sore all night, and butt of course, little better today. Definitely still pain....to be expected. One day at a time. So thankful for my husband's help...:roseshwr:

@Cecropia Glad your hubby is there to help and he got your breakfast! The stockings are the worst; my hubs has limited use of his hands and I hated to have him put them on but I couldn't manage without help. And the bliss of ripping them off at night! Overall it sounds like you're doing good. You posted yesterday about iron pills; I was told to take them too. Not only do they upset your stomach but omg the constipation! Not having the healthiest diet, I found an organic iron pill with beet root, oranges and broccoli components that's awesome. No side effects. You may find yourself dozing off even though you typically aren't a napper. I found that I really needed the sleep! I hope the rest of your day goes well.....keep up with the ice! :ice:

Good Morning!
So nice to be in the privacy of your own home without all of those unwelcomed interruptions.
Not sure how hubs is putting those TEDS on, but if he's not already, have him bunch them up before attempting to pull them up. It seems to work better. At least I thought so. I couldn't nap during the day either. I've never ever been a napper and I assumed surgery would turn me into one. No. Such. Luck.
I hope you have a peaceful day and weekend. Happy Friday! :)
@Cecropia

Hi@cecropia
Sounds like you are coping well and finding your way.
Around week 2 I quit the stockings because I was walking alot and doing physical therapy and on an aspirin to prevent clots ,was supposed to wear till week 4 but we nurses misbehave some times.
A neat trick to get them on is put a little plastic bag over your toes slide the hose on and then pull the plastic bag out thru the hole in the toe if these are the TED white antiembolism hose.
One day at a time.
Wishing you peace and comfort!

Just moved out to our Florida room. All the windows with screens are open and sunny, nice breeze. My favorite recliner is in this room, feels good to be out here.
Our property is 660ft deep with woods and meadow at the back. So my granddaughter went and took pictures of the meadow in bloom with pink wild phlox as I can't get back there. I can't see my back gardens real good up close, so she took pics of my pond lily blooming with a frog. Also pics of my Rhododendron in bloom. She lives with us when on break from college. She's a sweetheart knowing how much gma misses being outside right now.

I plucked my eyebrows. lol Good lighting our here. My 3 cats are out here on the window ledges, their favorite room too. I'm sleepy out here, maybe I can nap???

@Layla Thanks for the tips. I'm surprised I slept in bed 2 nights, did not expect to do that. No day naps for you either....:yawn:
@ahipgma I take 3 more xarelto then switch to aspirin. Using a plastic bag, good idea and bunching them up. Thanks.

@SE Florida
Ripping the compression socks off at night, very enjoyable....lol. I had spinach, red potato, Turkey burger for dinner last night. My oatmeal has 40% and bfast drink 25% iron. Anyway my anesthesiologist said I did not bleed much. I might look for the iron you mentioned, or rather my husband will at the health food store. Poor thing, I feel like he's running around like crazy, but he says it's all good... I took care of him through his shoulder replacement and hand surgery. We might be close to even if not for the compression stockings. lol.

@Cecropia Your property sounds breathtaking and you are so lucky to have your granddaughter there to get pics of what you're missing. We've been looking to move out to the country this past year which is actually why I had my hip surgery in Feb with the anticipation of being able to move. The iron supplement I have is actually called a "blood builder" believe it or not, w/iron, Vit C and B12 (and beet root, etc). I love the fact that it's a food based product. So sweet that you have your kitties in the Florida room with you......I actually think our pets secretly like that we're able to spend more time with them during recovery! :kittykiss:

Pets also stick close when they realize you need healing, they just know it somehow, at least our dog did. Enjoy your beautiful woods.
Hearing about your progress is so good after your anxiety of last week. My house has a large picture window that overlooks the woods
That's healing too in its way!

Will try and post this picture of the hip joint damage that did not show up on xray or MRI. OS said looked like a chunk was bitten out of the back and it was bone on bone, but did not show that even with MRI. Quite a surprise, no wonder I was so miserable. And yet I almost cancelled.....
Attach4143_20190528_133621.jpg

OMG that’s Gnarly! I asked if they could take a photo of mine and they said that hospital Policy prohibited photos. Glad you got yours!

Last edited:
@Cecropia that was definitely gnarly and I'm sitting here eating pizza after the stress test today! :loll:

You are sounding really well and I'm thinking your Florida room is the perfect place to hang out during recovery. Keep healing my hippie friend. Hope you get a nap in.
:sleeep:

@CPH My doctor wanted me to see it. Somebody on here asked to see it, but I can't remember who it was...

@Elf1
So sorry, hope I did not ruin your dinner.:scare:
It kind of made me think, OMG, is that really mine???:yikes:

@Cecropia , no didn't ruin dinner, I'm good, guess it comes from growing up with mostly males! I must admit it is very interesting. Think I'd have the same thought as you.
:flabber:

I just got up at 4am and got my own ice pack out, it's a ways to the kitchen, but did not want to wake my husband. I think I'm doing okay, but the one place I hoped would be gone is the groin or top of hip pain. Only bothers me when trying to lay flat in bed, or when lifting my leg back into bed. I hope with time it gets better in that area.....

Just catching up...and you sound very well.
Hated the TEDS...so sympathetic hugs for you, and hubby.
I too wish I had a picture of my lousy hips however I have no doub they were trashed!
Hope your weekend is restful!:ice:

You sound like you are doing very well and in beautiful surroundings to recover. Have you tried a pillow under your knees when in bed? I found it helped that groin pull/pain and also helped my back. I also sleep a bit propped up on pillows.

@Carriemay60 No I have not tried the pillow under my knees. I do prop myself on pillows. You know how when a certain pain does not go away, okay, we think something must be wrong. I hope not and it's just from surgery pain. The place it hurts tho was my number 1 pain spot, so I'm going to have to give it time and see.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom