THR Cocoon to moth

Cecropia

graduate
Country
United States United States
Cecropia recovery
Worse than MRI showed, but not terrible. Was good I did it.. Will post later. So far only want me on Norco. So you can't always trust MRI. Surgeon was surprised too. Will type later...xo

Been waiting for you! Rest up, so glad you were well enough to check in!

@Cecropia Glad to see you're all done and they have the pain meds going. Hope they have you iced up too. Rest now; we'll be here when you feel up to posting again!!! :angel:

Went for first walk. No nauseous yet. Yes I have ice. It sounds weird, but I was happy they found stuff wrong, said I would have trouble if I awaited much longer. Bonesmart really helped me through this and all my friends here. I did not have staples because I am allergy to nickel. Just resting. This all new to me....but going ood so far.

Welcome! :welome: Exciting to see your post and read all is well so far. Congrats on the new hip.
Stay in touch when you're able. You know we're here for you!
So happy for you to have surgery over. :happydance: Following is some reading material to peruse as soon as you're feeling up to it. Get the ice going....it truly helps. :ice:
Hugs

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask the at each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice. @Cecropia

Tough stuff these first few days.
Good news is, you will heal and take your life back.:yes!:
Healing hugs:loveshwr:

@Cecropia so glad to see you've been up and about, no nausea is good. I get what you mean about being glad they definitely found issued when the got inside. You were second guessing like crazy so this validated that you were correct in having the surgery.

Rest up as best you can, hopefully you'll be home before you know it and get good rest. Take care my hippie friend!
:friends:

So glad you’re through to the healing side. I know-validation that you weren’t just having an overactive imagination, right? Like any of us could even imagine such pain. Up and about-it’s great and weird at the same time, isn’t it? I hope your night is as restful and comfortable as it can be. Looking forward to hearing from you when you’re up to it ❤️

So happy to see you on the recovery side @Cecropia I like your thread title. Hope your cocoon phase is well staffed and that you have lots of caring help. We’re all hear to hold your hand through the next few weeks of recovery. Glad you got confirmation that your surgery election was well timed. ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back