Lounge Doctor

Bilateral TKR Clothing or gear recommendations for recovery?

Oregon mom

Country
United States United States
I saw a thread a while back that I can't find again. I've searched and searched.
Forgive me if this information is to be found elsewhere, but I would LOVE and welcome your recommendations for specific clothing and gear that is helpful during recovery. I'm trying to find comfy shorts in particular, but also safe /easy house shoes.
Please, feel free to include links! That would be so helpful. My surgery is at the end of this month and I'm trying to prepare..

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Oregon mom

Country
Adaptive equipment/gadgets beyond the norm also of interest!

Last edited:

Steelergal

Country
I wore loose fitting men’s basketball-type shorts so nothing touched my scar for a few weeks. They were easy to slip on even when my leg was swollen. I also highly recommend a long handled razor adapter (check Amazon for the Giraffe razor handle). I loved mine! Good luck with your surgery!

OP
OP
O

Oregon mom

Country
Thank you so much! I didn't even know that existed

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Oregon mom. I wore a lot of loose shorts that were soft material and T shirts. It was easy. I did not buy the adapter for the shaver but used duct tape to tape a razor to my dressing stick for usage. It worked - love duct tape and now there is even gorilla tape. I know many people prefer sun dresses or loose shifts for recovery.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Coach Mike
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom