THR Clicking after walking

Hullman

Country
United States United States
Hi, I'm new here and I am glad to "meet" you all.
I have a hip replacement that is about ten years old that gets cranky sometimes, but this is regarding the other hip which is almost two years old:
I bike about 15 miles 5 days a week with no issues at all but yesterday I had a flat and so I walked for an hour and today the newer hip is really sore. Is this something that can be non-serious, like tissue or muscle? Also when I pull my knee tight to my body I hear a click In the hip sometimes and I am not sure if I heard it prior to this, but I may have.
I appreciate any suggestions.

PS. I don't hear anything when I walk.

@Hullman I know that has come up on here. Try searching for clicking, or squeaking, or clunking, or noisy, hips. If mine started clicking, I would be on the phone to my OS at the very first opportunity, but that's me! Experts will be along shortly with better references and better advice.

I might guess that walking while pushing a bike (or carrying it?) could contribute to muscle/soft tissue soreness. Walking twisted like that sure would make me sore-- I'm only a couple of years older than you. My gut feeling is that if there were an actual joint problem, it would be a whole different type of pain?

Most likely just to much of an activity your hip wasn't used to, walking definitely uses muscles differently than cycling does. Ice and rest for a couple of days and it will probably calm down.

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.

@Hullman I was just posting on another thread about how my hips complain when I do anything "new". Pushing a bike with a flat for an hour isn't something you do everyday. Your hip is just not used to that activity. I agree with the advice our members have already offered. Rest and use a bit of ice if needed.

Please keep us updated!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom