Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

Poppet

Nutritional Advisor
Country
Australia Australia
I thought it appropriate as 2012 draws to a close, that I would try to gather together as many of the 2011 hippies in the one thread to see how everyone is progressing..

It would be rather nice for the 2012 recovering hippies to be able to see that there is life after a THR..

I do hope you will drop by and say hello :) - Merry Xmas to one and all.

p.s. please feel free to tag anyone I may have missed :)

dianemarie
charlie cyborg
DallasSarah
Anitawants2tango
LisaP
Jetlag
C Mac
Juliep
NH_Lou
forbesy
Hoops68 (Aussie friend)
girlienerd
DaveGM
welshjane
ChefHuber
HandyAndy
plinej
lisanewmc
LPLaura
djklaugh
gizmo
NYLiz
almostready?
joanna
thegiftlady
tashia
okie408
sharonslp
Jyoti
Vikki

Hi Sis,

Thought of Elle and Haldox but don't know how to tag. And Marvelous Marvin, Carol. Not sure of their surgery dates either. Will post more later.

dianemarie

Thanks Sis, I did think of them, but have a feeling they are 2012 hippies, but I will check. :)

Hugs for Monday xxx

p.s. just checked all are 2012...seems like over a year doesn't it :)

Hi Sandy and everyone

I'm here, and very happy to be part of the gang. Must rush - just off to walk the Long Mynd on this lovely sunny breezy day - yes there is definitely life after a THR or two....

long mynd.jpg

@ welshjane

Thanks for dropping by, love the view, what a wonderful walk!

Sounds like your matching pairs of THR's are well and truly allowing you to enjoy one of your favourite activities - those wonderful country walks.

Hugs

And me!! I'm an alumna of 2011 AND 2012! I went out dancing last night.....does that tell everyone how I'm doing? I suppose it's about time to update my own thread. But I'm always too busy keeping up with everyone else.

pctcoach would love to hear from you if you ever check the boards. And Rohanknitter, what about you?

Also, are we having a New Year's Eve party in the Social Room again this year? That's where EVERYONE is supposed to show up to say hi and give an update.

Sharon

sharonship, Come to think of it so am I. Hip doing great. Still recovering from knee 2012. Driving again and feeling like my life is coming back. Getting close to getting a dog so I can have another member of my family.

sharonslp hi there I have added you to the list.

Fantastic that you are back into dancing Sharon, especially with 2 new hips.

This thread is not to takeaway from our Xmas/New Year celebrations, it is more about bringing the 2011 hippies who have moved on with life back (hopefully) to share with the 2012 recovering hippies 'good news' stories:)

Who knows, we may have some new 'Amazing Success Stories' to add to our library collection.

Hi tashia you are such a survivor and isn't it wonderful that you finally feel that life without pain is yours!

Hugs, always.

Peek a boo!

Where are the 2011 hippies?

Jo thought this was a good way to get us all together in the one thread.

I will do the same for the 2012 hippies :)

I have to admit that I am rather disappointed that there was not much response from the Class of 2011 hippies, so I have decided that it was a dismal failure and will probably not continue the practice for future years..

Sorry Josephine and sissy46 I know you mentioned that you also thought it would have been useful.

I appreciate the members who did take the time to respond and I do appreciate that it is a busy time for everyone.. So no problem from my point of view.

sharonslp

Cheers

Poppet Not a failure at all!!! A very effective way to demonstrate that most of the 2011 people have returned to their busy functioning lives and aren't popping in here any more. Isn't that a major goal of this forum....to help people find the information and support to cope with recovery, and get on with their lives? I think this just proves we are a huge success! And THR is a huge success too. :)

Sharon

sharonslp

Appreciate what you are saying, and totally agree that it is good that BS members are moving on with life..

However, the concept of this idea and suggestion to Jo originated from a comment in a 2011 member's thread, who doesn't post often (and I understand that) it was mentioned that they found it hard to post on other 2011 threads..

Also, some of the subsequent replies to that particular member indicated that other members whom we have not heard from for a long time, demonstrated that they were lurking and then posted..

As I said the concept was to draw them back in for an occasional update on the one thread!

It will work for future years, I'm sure. Never mind, it was a nice try.

Yooohoooo here's a naughty 2011 hippy lady :). Nothing major to share, really because I had shared on my own thread. Idea for this type of 2011 class why not put it under the sticky section as a permanent thread this might make it easer for the member to find and to stop by just to say hello. The timing might be odd with holidays folks might be traveling, have families in for holidays etc. it was different last year most of us were bed-couch bound all those weeks.....had time to write. Cute idea though xo

DallasSarah, great to hear from you, it was your thread that gave me the idea. You even brought Charlie out of his busy life hehe! Must admit, I miss those posts about food that we used to have.. and our drug induced chats :)

I did realize that folks could be on the move and eventually it might get buried. Great idea of yours to have it as a 'sticky' - what do you think Jo? Josephine

Have a wonderful Christmas Sarah and give Miles a big hug from me xx

I agree it means that lot of people now have their life back and posting isn't as important as when it was new and hurting. I would of like to hear what everyone is doing and it would also be great for the ones that are waiting for new joints that your life does return to normal and that you can do things. But with Christmas just coming around the corner they also could be very busy as mention before. If you don't try you will never know. Take care Tashia

Putting it as a sticky thread might be a great idea, as DallasSarah said. I do hope in the future we'll have one for the class of 2012. I know we'll all wander away as our new hips become the last thing we think about instead of the first, but I would love to check in with my fellow warriors from time to time as the months/years go by. And right now, I wish there were a sticky for the class of 2010, the class of 2009, etc.---it would be interesting to read their follow-up posts.

Hello,
I'm still here from 2011. Haven't gone yet, but not posting as much. I still have issues, but agree it's nice to know that most people have moved on as they have healed.

Hoping in 2013 to finallly get off the crutch. Fingers crossed. My other issue is my knees and the pain they are causing but to TKR for me. The THR was bad enough :heehee:

Jyoti

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks