Cherdonnay's Anterior R THR recovery March 7,201 - CANCELED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherdonnay

Country
United States United States
Just starting this early because tomorrow is my final day at home to finish getting it all together and I wanted to be sure this thread is up and going. I'm getting so excited to have it done with and start my recovery and new life. I am a little anxious of course but so thankful for all the kindness and support I have received every day for the last two months. I go to hospital about noon on Tuesday and surgery is scheduled for 2:30 (subject to change) I should be in a room about 6 p.m.
thank you again for all the support. Looking forward to being on here sometime Wednesday..

We'll be looking for your first recovery post!!!

Good luck Cherdonnay !! You will be fine. We are all here rooting for you and look forward to hearing your update on Wednesday.
Hugs,
Sam xx

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

All the best tomorrow @Cherdonnay ! See you on this side soon. I'll leave your reading list here:
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a therapist (PT) - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lie down!

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Good luck. You will be fine. I know as nervous as I was, I was excited in ways as well. I was in so much pain that I wanted it to end and THR was the only way to go.

Dear Cherdonnay,
Almost there! Get yourself organised and packed early on, and then just relax and have an early night. Good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it,
Best wishes ,
Diane xx

Best wishes and warm thoughts for you tonite and for tomorrow.

Hic Cherdonnay,
I am brand new to this site. Just want to wish you the best and a speedy recovery

Thank you everyone for your well wishes...I just got off the phone, the hospital Calls the day before to go over everything post op. I check in tomorrow between 11:30 and noon. Surgery is scheduled at 2p.m. aprox. 100 minutes.. I'm getting excited to have this behind me and start the healing process...see you here soon..

You will be in my thoughts and prayers Cherdonnay. My surgery is tomorrow also but I'm scheduled for 9am. I am SO ready to move on. Have stayed busy including 4 appointments today but feeling tired now. Will try to set up my recovery thread post surgery tomorrow. Good night all.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I got up last night at 11:45 and ate chicken noodle soup a muffin and milk then went back to sleep and didn't get up till 8 a.m. Thank God I slept well. on my way now. Excited to get it done

You will be in my thoughts and prayers Cherdonnay. My surgery is tomorrow also but I'm scheduled for 9am. I am SO ready to move on. Have stayed busy including 4 appointments today but feeling tired now. Will try to set up my recovery thread post surgery tomorrow. Good night all.

@Ex Golfer soon to be Golfer! You will be great. Take good care and follow and read the Bone Smart mantras often.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

@Chardonnay. So happy for you! Take good care. Ice often and keep to the pain med schedule in the hospital. Also do not let the PT team push you to do anything you are not comfortable with. You will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hello and welcome to post op and recovery. :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

My surgery today got canceled due to a broken x ray machine. So I'm checked into hospital, all washed up with their special wipes, in gown and tens socks, answering 100 questions
When my surgeon came in and said this special x ray machine used for the Anterior approach had broken. He told me he could go ahead with the lateral aproach that he has done successfully for 15 years. I would have to wait for the machine to be fixed if I was set on the Anterior. I said I would wait. If it can be fixed it should be soon if they have to have a new machine it might be a couple weeks. So I am home again waiting. In good spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom