THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

Hey there @Alitm, I had a note that tomorrow was the big day! Sending the very best thoughts for a glorious outcome at the end of this leg of your journey, or hip, rather ;)

Thinking of you today. Will be tomorrow also.
Prayers for your comfort, peace of mind and a recovery even better than your first.
Big hugs!
@Alitm

Ah, yes, @Alitm, the day before surgery--a day of anxious anticipation and a bit of nerves, and I suspect for you a day of busy chores and last minute preparation for tomorrow. You are a strong, competent and assured woman and I know you've done pretty much everything you can think of so that tomorrow you'll head into surgery with your head held high. Today will probably be crazy busy but I hope you take some time to rest, and to remind yourself how fabulously you've done with the first hip surgery and recovery, and how fabulously you ARE going to do with recovering from this second (and final) surgery. Lots and lots of folks will be thinking about you, and sending you strong, positive and healthy vibes tomorrow. We look forward to your first post-surgery check-in. Cheers, love and hugs.

Thanks so much everyone....all your warm supportive thoughts are so appreciated. Yep, those nerves have a lot of nerve!!! :gaah:. Had a good sleep last night and hoping for the same tonight. LEFT hip is kicking up :holysheep: so she is ready to go!

I'll hear from the hospital later on time. Will post.

Looking forward to :dancy::egypdance::happydance::fasthorse: in 2019!!!:horseriding:

Have a great day everyone and sorry that I can't reply to you all at the moment.

Last edited:
See you on the healing side..
New double hippy in the house!:chuckmarch:

Good look tomorrow, I’ll be thinking about you.
Not sure if I’m going to the show tomorrow, we may have bad weather. If it looks ok I’m going. Picked out the puppy today. I’ll post a picture on my thread.

I hope everything goes well for you, with lefty acting up, glad your going to have this behind you soon. Then 2019 is going to be a great year

:horseriding::horseriding::fasthorse::fasthorse::fasthorse::fasthorse:

Thinking about you tonight @Alitm - sending you nothing but positive vibes! You've got this and soon you'll be out there riding around on your horses like the Rodeo Queen that you are!!!!:horseriding:

Will be waiting to hear from you from the other side to welcome you to the double-hippy club!

Pretty crazy day today but got everything done that's going to get done!:heehee:

Just has a lovely salad with warm chicken on top. In the recliner icing it up! Having my Chamomile tea. About to hit the shower and do the dreaded cleansing soap detail, and again tomorrow morning.

Check in time at the hospital tomorrow is 6:45 AM.
Thank you for all the moral support fellow hippies...you are the best :dancy::loveshwr::yes!:
Looking forward to being on the other side :flwrysmile:

6:45 is great! Probably first up ...or one of the first. Sending you massive light and energy from California for the smoothest and most perfect hip replacement ever! Left you a message at my thread as well. Breathe in the calm and enjoy your brief stay at the Spa Resort! Catch you on the other side when you will have become a new member of the Double Happy Double Hippy Club!
:wave:
:loveshwr:

:wave:Done!!!! :yes!:
Tried the spinal but apparently complained of pain so they knocked me out! OS said the anaesthesiologist was his favourite. Even though I had General I feel WAY more alert.
Nothing for pain as yet. Waiting for PB to come up so I can get up and walk. Can sort of lift my leg so spinal wearing off. No catheter so making me wear protection until spinal completely dissipated. That’s a first!
Surgeon wants me to go home later today but it depends on BP.
All your positive thoughts got me through! :roseshwr: Thanyou so much

Woohoo! :happydance: You did it! :yay:
I'm so happy you have surgery behind you. Now onto the healing part again....or still :heehee:
You're really still healing from the first, now just starting over in a way.
Your first recovery has gone so well, may this one be the same, or even better.
I hope you're pain is well managed and you're able to rest comfortably this evening.
Big hugs :loveshwr:
@Alitm

Walked to nurse’s station with “leash”! PT watched how I got back in bed. After disgracing myself in recovery (before I was fully awake), now they want to pee in the toilet...and I have no urge!

Oh that awful feeling! Tell them to turn a tap on, it worked for me. And demand a bed pan! But well done!!

:chuckmarch:New double hippy Alitm!
Rest all you can...all done now!
Healing mojo coming your way!:angel:

Exciting, yess!!! Look forward to hearing early-healing stories!

Woo, hoo, girly--big congrats, @Alitm! You've successfully made it through another hip replacement (your LAST ONE!) and now it will be home soon, I hope, and resting and recovering. Glad you're feeling alert, although I hope you get a wee bit of rest (well, as much as one can in a hospital) and that the trip home isn't too bad. Fingers and toes crossed for you, that you'll be equally if not more so successful in this recovery and by year's end up to your usual energizer bunny level of activity. Thanks for checking in and letting all know it went well.

hey @Alitm!! sounds like all went well, I am so impressed that you are chatting on bonesmart after coming out of a total hip! you go girl! get some rest, and drink plenty of electrolytes, not just water, electrolytes-electrolytes electrolytes!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back