PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

Was your partial a Patellofemoral? I’m sorry, I can’t remrmber.

Oh, ok, thanks. I’m going to ask a moderator to add that to your signature. I think it’s nice to see which partial it is, when someone has a partial.

I like the idea of knowing which partial, even though I learn from posts from TKR’s too. I’m always interested to see feedback from those who’ve had partial patellofemoral.

@catkin69, as your “lateral guy”, here’s hoping you have as good a result as I have had. :friends:

I hope so@NavyGunns but at the moment it’s all a bit slow for my liking!!

Last edited:
@catkin69, slow? That’s an understatement! Recovery moves along like molasses in January! But, once it gets going, it seems to be relatively steady, at least it was for me.

Earlier this week was my 1 year “knee-versary”. I see my OS in early May for my 1 year follow up. Looking forward to seeing new xrays and my first official assessment since I was at 8 weeks.

You will get there too, in time.

members pic.jpg

Saw this today and thought of everyone on here.

I am away on holiday and after the first day of feeling sad at things I couldn’t do I have just adjusted and I am having a fantastic time. I am managing more than expected. I return to the cottage for a couple of hours in the afternoon for ice and elevation and I have suffered no ill effects!
The sunshine and sea have lifted my mood. Definitely recommended.

I am away on holiday and after the first day of feeling sad at things I couldn’t do I have just adjusted and I am having a fantastic time.
We should all take a lesson here. Recovery is temporary and once we accept that and make temporary adjustments, we can still enjoy things.

You’re doing great!

@Lindylee I like that! The forecast is changing this week so may well be dancing in the rain!!

@catkin69
I'm glad you are having a nice holiday and the weather couldnt be better.
I have been sitting in the garden but have made sure I kept the scar out of the sun.
I love the picture you posted about giving ourselves time.

I just love that quote! As someone who mainly looks to the positive of situations and place great faith in God to lead me down the right path, learning to “dance in the rain” is a great way of looking forward to the rainbow at the end of the storm!

My knee is 7 weeks into this roller coaster ride.
Things are actually pretty good. Being away and having company has definitely improved things mentally which I believe has helped me physically.
I have to confess that I have done no exercises/stretches this week. I have probably done too much walking but I have iced and elevated in between.
My goal was to make it to ‘rest a while tea room’ . It’s a 2.5 mile walk along the coast. My husband drove to it, left the car and walked back then we headed over with friends. There were a few bits that I though might defeat me but they didn’t!! It was so fantastic to get there, and was sensible to hitch a ride back.
I have slept well, probably from all the sea air.
In the house I walk unaided and I feel my gait has improved. Outside I use a stick or crutches depending on what I do.
We head home tomorrow and Saturday I will attempt driving!!
I hope everyone’s journey is continuing in the right direction.

How did the driving attempt go? Have u got a manual car? I’ve got an auto and it’s my left knee so I had a bit of a jump start.

@catkin69
It sounds as if you have had a great week and a 2.5 mile walk, wow. I bet you felt a sense of achievement.
Like snoots my op was on my left knee and I have an automatic but I waited for the full 6 weeks before I drove simply because I didn't need to drive sooner.
Please remember to have a little test drive before you do it for real. It's important to try out an emergency stop to make sure you feel comfortable with it.
Good luck.

@catkin69 That's great at 7 weeks to be walking that distance on a cliff walk.
@NavyGunns I was actually dancing in the rain last night. It was raining outside and I joined in with my dance class for a while - just some of the slower dances and took it easy.

Doesn't it feel good though to be getting back to normal. I'd had a moans day with aches and pains, but the dancing really gave me a boost.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back