THR Catirrusia's Recovery Thread<<'

I am glad that I joined this side after my first hip replacement, and got all the information, support and courage to get where I am right now.
Kona,
I do lost of things that you do: gratitude every morning for all the people and things that I have in my life, I pray and go to church and be connected to innerself.
I had lots of anxiety and negative thoughts that I needed to control with medication.
It has not been easy, but here I am, close to finally end my pain.
I do lots of things and try to be busy and with people.
I joined a Seniors club and do activities with seniors like dance, playing canasta and others games and when I don't feel tired, I go to the gym and do weights, plus I talk to people. And when I can I walk to the gym.
At night, I do some knitting while I am watching tv.
I do whatever I can to be busy and with people that helps my brain and keeps me positive.
Thank you again to all of you, I really glad I have you all..
Bless you all.
@Layla
@Mojo333

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, @Catirrusia! Your story is very inspiring to me and to many...not only here on the forum but to those who know you, or may come into your life. We often think that life should be easy if we just do the right things. Stories of overcoming the odds of "anything' we are faced with don't point in that direction when we see the millions of people faced with what are overwhelming challenges on a daily basis. It's the day to day desire to show up and fight for ourselves that ultimately shows our courage, will to live, love of self and others. Your story embodies all of that. I can only understand MY story. I can't say I understand yours, but what I can do is applaud you and all that you are doing to empower yourself. And from what you say, that's HUGE!

Keep on keepin' on...your story gives me courage to live mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Catirrusia
Won't this be one of these stories we will be glad to relate AFTER it's well on it's way to being over.
I am glad you are letting us be part of your journey and am thinking with our collective good wishes and hopes for a positive outcome, this will become a chapter that you will put behind you.
@prairienut and @inthebeginning are a few of our members who have excellent results with their revision surgeries.
You know you will have lots of folks rooting for you when the end of October arrives.:friends:

It has not been easy, but here I am, close to finally end my pain.

It's been a long road, Catirrusia, but your thought above is a great one to hold onto.
You have an answer and a plan is in place that will finally bring you relief.
We're with you all the way.
Hugs
@Catirrusia

@DEL2019Sep-7
Thank you for your thoughs.
I do the same things that you do;
a gratitude list every morning and be positive, pray and listen to my inner voice and let guide me everyday.
Life is beautiful, pain is not but majes us stronger, will keep us going .
I will keep you informed.
Thank you.

W

:hi: @Catirussia
I hope you have a great week.
Best wishes for your comfort as you await 10/28.
We're here for you :yes:

Just popping by to say :hi: and that I'm thinking of you as October begins tomorrow.
Not TOO much longer...though I'm sure it feels like forever.
Hugs @Catirrusia xxxxx

Woohoo, tomorrow you'll be in the month that will bring you relief at last, Catirrusia :yay:
Its been a long road, for sure. I wish you all the best at your pre-op on Thursday
and comfort as you wait out these last few weeks.
Hugs :friends:
@Catirrusia

Last edited:
:angel: Hoping the rest of the month flies by. Keep thinking those positive thoughts. Want to get everything right and have this whole thing done and on the right track so 2020 can be YOUR YEAR.:yahoo:

Hi @Catirrusia
Just popping by to say I hope you are hanging in there and all went well for preop.
Not too much longer...
Hope today is a happy day.

Hi @Catirrusia
Wondering if all went off without a hitch with your pre-op? Hopefully so.
Only 18 days to go. I hope you're hanging in there and not too miserable.
I'm excited for you to be in recovery with this nightmare behind you. You know we'll be cheering you on. :yes!:
Hope you have a peaceful rest of the week!

Pre-op went well and I am ready.
Only 17 days.
My concern is about the recovery; been by myself during the day and not be able to drive for 6 weeks...
Oh well, I will see how I will manage the recovery.
I have to stay in the hospital for two days, so be home on the 30th.
I don't know if I can go out with a walker, have to ask the doctor.
I will have all of you with me and your support.
Thank you and will keep you posted.
@Layla @Mojo333

Yes, you will have our support for sure, Catirussia. Feel confident in that. We will see you through. As for recovery, please don't dwell on that now. You've already had your share of trials, let's assume this next Recovery will be smooth sailing. I'm happy to hear your pre-op went well and you're ready to roll. May the next 2 1/2 weeks fly by and your pain be tolerable as you wait.
Hold on, just a little longer, sweet relief is finally in sight.
Hugs :loveshwr:
@Catirrusia

:hi: Happy Friday @Catirrusia
I hope you're hanging in there. Only ten more days, dear one. Hopefully you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Wishing you a pleasant weekend and comfort as you wait.
Hugs :console2:

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:Eight days!

I know this has been such a long wait and you sound ready to get this hip recovery back on track.
Eat well and know you have lots of well wishers on your side!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads