BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

Can anything else happen......

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by DebM, Jan 12, 2017.

1. DebM

DebM Member

Australia Australia
    So I am now 1 week out from my BTKR. I have been through the drama of my knee not fitting in the special MRI coil to scan to make personalised jigs for my replacement. My OS is just using a different implant.

NOW my teenage daughter, who never gets sick, is infected with ringworm! She is on A/B and antifungals and we are taking heaps of precautions with sanitisers etc. She is doing all her own treatments. I am off to my GP tomorrow to see if there is anything prophylactic I need to take. Meanwhile I am showering in chlorhexidine body wash and keeping my distance.

2. Spex10

Spex10 Graduate

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oh blimey! Good luck with it all.

3. RMasano

RMasano Senior

United States United States
    So sorry. My whole family was sick with sore throats and congestion the week before my surgery. Saturday morning I woke up with the worst cold. I did what I could, but when I left for surgery on Monday, I had really bad sinus congestion. The surgery was a go, but I understand the frustration of mentally having to prepare and then have to worry about catching something and waiting more. Good luck and take precautions.

4. DebM

DebM Member

Australia Australia
    Thankyou @Spex10 I will feel better once I see my GP tomorrow. Yes @RMasano there is so much mental and emotional preparation that when possible obstacles come out it is just so draining. Hope you are doing well after your surgery.