Can Adderall Cause Arthritis?

HipHip2

Country
United States United States
I have been taking it for many years for ADHD and can’t find literature or a doctor I’ve seen that finds a connection.

Last edited:
I can't find any evidence of such side-effects of Adderal. Sorry

Josephine, thanks for your response. I will consider the medication safe enough.

@HipHip2, you're thinking Adderall caused your hip arthritis? Never heard of that. Various people I know have taken Adderall ... and I've never heard of that concern.

Thank you Going4fun. I am searching for a reason thAt I have to have a second hip replacement due to osteoarthritis bone on bone pain. No one in my family has needed hip or any replacements and no one has taken Adderall so I thought maybe the medication has something to do with it. I cannot confirm my concern anywhere so I will let it go.

Cartilage just wears down ... and we all have different pain systems ... so your cartilage could have worn down more than others ... you might randomly have a hip that was more prone to wearing out ... I'm sure that there a are ton of conditions and illnesses not shared among all our family members ...

All good now. I decreased the Adderall and will stop taking it and my 2nd hip replacement is going well so far. I am taking it slow at 2½ weeks recovery. So far so good.

HipHip2
2/5/19 Left THR
11/9/18 Right THR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news @HipHip2
Keep all slow and easy and things will just keep getting better!:egypdance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member