THR Can’t feel my feet

David55

Country
United States United States
I had a hip replacement two months ago. The first few weeks after surgery I was doing okay. I did my daily exercises and was able to maneuver around the house without issues. But now things have changed. My feet and legs feel numb. I keep falling because I can’t pick up my feet at times when walking. I had none of these issues before the surgery, yet I’m not sure it’s connected.

@David55,
Welcome to BoneSmart. :welome:
The numbness and foot drop problems are nerve problems. I can't answer if your symptoms are a result of your THR. Only someone who examines you will be able to determine what is causing your symptoms.
Call your surgeon and let them about your numbness and foot drop, they should refer you to a neurologist for a full examination, likely to include a nerve conduction study.
You need to be seen ASAP. Call now or in the morning.

Once you see your surgeon and a neurologist, you may be referred to an orthotist for your foot drop so you do not continue to fall.

Please post your surgery date, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Having the exact date will help us properly advise you. Thanks!

Keep us posted on how you are doing,
Chris

Hello and welcome! Please follow the advice from @Pumpkin It could be something nerve related and you will want to get it addressed..
Glad you found the forum, it can be very helpful!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom