Called For Surgery...For Tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galcyclist

I've had my surgery appointments since early December. I have been on the "move up list" and was told there was a good chance of getting moved up. My OS office called today and asked if I wanted to go tomorrow! :yn:

I had been hoping of getting moved up all along, but as my date neared it just didn't seem like it would happen. And as anxious as I am to get the show on the road, I declined the opportunity. I just have too many things lined up to juggle re-scheduling everything on such short notice--rides to the hospital, friends to help out, dogs kenneled, etc. Plus I was going to take this weekend to fix up some more frozen meals. Then there's my employer to boot! I'll be working hard this week in preparation for being out of the office. You all know all the preparation this surgery takes! :wink:

This just struck me so funny that I had to share!

That's a bit short notice! I reckon someone else must have pulled out or got cancelled for some reason. But to give you less than 24hrs notice is a bit much. Shame!

Yep. A lot to do before you go. I don't blame you.

There is definitely too much to get done in that last week before surgery. I don't blame you for bowing out.

You did the right thing.....you need more time! It will take me the rest of these 3 1/2 weeks to get prepared! I cleaned out all of my closets on Sat......will have every cabinet....every drawer...every square inch of my house cleaned out before the 12th. Preparing for surgery is killer.
I said all of that to tell you how my husband prepared for his shoulder surgery in January. He got up the morning of surgery and went to the hospital. The End.

I've had about 6 weeks and not ready, but i do have people lined up. but i know what you mean about you job. whew my boss would go crazy. every day he asks mr what day am i leaving . I know it is because he wants to give me 2 months of work so it will be done for him. my boss is a whole nother story.

but you say that you are still scheduled for the 19th. is that definate?

Joni

You know this reminds me of ...

Back in 1967, I got my first job as sister in charge of a little single orthopaedic theatre. I'd also just taken on a new nursing auxiliary and it was her first day. In conversation, she'd told me her husband was on the waiting list to have his torn cartilage dealt with. Later in the morning, the surgeon came up to do his list and over coffee, bemoaned that of the 4 patients called in for the next morning's list, two had failed to attend, one had decided they no longer wanted the op and the fourth had a bad cold. So I told him about the new girl's husband and he promptly asked her to bring her husband in to work with her in the morning so we'd have some work to do!

Gone are the days ..... :hehe:

When I was 26, I went to see a surgeon on a Friday. He said I had a recurrent hernia and I needed surgery again. He said he could do it the next day, Saturday morning. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a couple nightgowns and robes, washed and ironed enough clothes for hubby to last a while and cleaned house a bit. It was just wonderful not having time to worry about the surgery. Probably the people at work were not pleased, but after eight weeks, they were so happy to see me back at work that they forgave my absence.

I agree it was a good call. If your like me you have a list of todo's a mile long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom