Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Littlejem We had a wonderful holiday thank you but it was too short.I managed ok at the airports but did set off the alarms in both Newcastle and Naples so I was frisked by a lady security guard on both occasions. I explained about the new hip and it was fine.We managed to visit Pompeii which was a little tough on the hips ( both the new one and the other one) but It was well worth the effort.I hope you enjoy Spain too.We certainly had fun on the Goshporch and I really hope that we hear from @ByGosh very soon.

@alexthecat @sharonslp @Kim22 @Littlejem @BarbaraR hey everybody! Calling @ByGosh , calling ByGosh!! Please come out and play, we're having a nice meal and chatting about people's holidays. @Kim22 Italy, eh? Lovely! And @Littlejem Janet I'll bet you are SO ready for Spain. We don't get a spring vacation, as we have just moved house back to the home town, but believe me that is good enough :) FYI I have set off no alarms in courts buildings-- one of the cops said he had a titanium neck and never set it off.

Must go visit VetGirl before bedtime....

Oooo sounds like fun, I'm on my way! It's lovely to see you all again.

Hey -- don't start without ME! I can even get up the steps to the porch now! I'll bring some cold fried chicken and potato salad and a big fat chocolate cake! Maybe even some BBQ ribs and fried okra. If someone would make a rhubarb pie I would try not to eat the whole thing. Haven't seen any rhubarb in stores around here in a long time.

I've missed the Goshporch. Anybody heard from ByGosh lately? Haven't seen her around in a long time. Maybe she'll see us all out here on the porch and come out and play.

I'm doing great. I've even bought a pair of SANDALS to wear this summer -- I can wear them now that OS evened up my leg lengths and I don't have to wear lifts or built-up shoes anymore. First pair of sandals I've had since I was a little kid. ZOWIE!

My sister had her left hip replaced a week ago by the same surgeon I used. She is staying with me to recuperate and is doing very well.

Peace and love to all!

Gosh, golly, gee... The GoshPorch.

Rhubarb, rhubarb... Rhubarb Rules, OK? We exchanged real recipes: but we also highlighted the other meaning of the phrase "rhubarb, rhubarb" in the UK, which refers to meaningless rambling chatter and jargon. And it was such good fun.

ByGosh personifies that rare combination of being a kind, empathetic and highly intelligent woman, with having her own sharp angle on the world, and being incisively articulate, and able to express it. Several of her disciples on the GoshCruises have that same skill.

Little wonder her thread was such a hit.

Come back, ByGosh. Your public awaits.

Glynis

@zauberflöte Hi!and hello to everyone who may be lurking on the porch. Hope all is week with you. I am bringing arancini (rice balls), my favorite Italian food.

@glynis I have plenty of rhubarb, it'll be nice to have something to do with it!

@Butterfly I'm so pleased to hear you are doing so well! What a great place for your sister to recover - with someone who has been there, done that. Best wishes for her recovery.

Hi @zauberflöte and friends.Look what I found lurking in the supermarket yesterday.Does it bring back any memories ? I think I will make a lovely plum crumble with custard for pudding today for us all on the porch.I hope the weather is better over there as it is miserable here.

I hope you don't mind if I discuss hips on here but neither of us have a active threads.I read on another thread somewhere that you had tendinitis in the past which responded to therapeutic massage and I was wondering where you had the tendinitis.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 273
:loll:Ahh @zauberflöte how we've missed you!! Hey all this talk about puddings and I'm meant to be on a diet, I need to loose 3 stone before I go away in 3 weeks........!!! I put a stone on with my hips, I'd like to think it was just the weight of the metal but there's a small chance I've just been comfort eating!! I'm really trying, I even refused a danish pastry in work today and I'm contemplating sticking to diet tonic in the pub tonight...........well maybe!! I'm very jealous of your trip to Pompii @Kim22, I'd love to see it one day!!
I wish @ByGosh was here to join in

@Littlejem Well done Janet for refusing that pastry today but would it not be an idea to wait until after your holiday to go on a diet.My jeans have shrunk whilst on holiday lol and this is nothing to do with all the delicious Italian food I enjoyed.I must admit that I am giving those bathroom scales a wide berth at the moment ! Pompeii was a wonderful experience and you must put it on your list of special places to visit.It certainly deserves its UNESCO status.What I found mind blowing was how advanced the Romans were in most areas of living.It was quite sad to see the bodies frozen in time in the position they died including a pregnant woman and a dog.

@Littlejem I am also trying to lose the post-op weight...we can give up sweets together:heehee:

@Kim22 your tendonitis is worse than mine, or I am medicating harder than you are. I can't tell you the names, but it is all along the front of the groin. As I posted (on my own thread maybe?), when I went for PT at about 6 months, she beat up on my (anterior) scar to get rid of the adhesions, which she said were located exactly where they would cause tendonitis a few inches towards crotch. There is more than one spot, but she cleared everything up with massage-- even worked on the other side as a bonus!-- and all was well for several weeks. Then I upped my activity level drastically and it started coming back again. I expect it's with me to stay.
Where is yours-- do I remember psoas? Have you had that injection yet, and if so how is it working? I want for all of us to have our good lives back, you know? :)

@ByGosh thinking of you every single day-- we are making a mess of your porch but I promise we will clean up:snow plough: (couldn't resist the new smiley, we will plow your porch clear of crumbs!)

Oh how brilliant. Everyone is back on the porch ! and now we are all sitting on the low step too. I would have bought rhubarb, but I made a crumble last Sunday so its all gone. Ive got a nice crop of strawberries waiting to ripen though. It seems that the blubber fairy still has her evil hold over us. I cant shift the 14lb Ive put on since I had the surgery, no matter how hard I try.

@TeeEm What can we do to eliminate the blubber fairy! Break her wand? Maybe I can sit on her!

@ByGosh I hope you are busy living your life, and that all is well with you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie