By this time tomorrow...

kfisher119

Country
United States United States
By this time tomorrow, I should be just about done. As of now, I'm scheduled for 6:30 AM. We're staying in Philadelphia tonight, just a few minutes away from the hospital. I'm both scared and ready. I think I'm more scared of the post op discomfort and restrictions than the actual surgery. I know I still have a challenge ahead of me. I'm trying to be realistic in what the recovery time may be like. I want to thank everyone who has offered words of advice and encouragement. I keep joking that I'm getting a new hip and then I'll be 40!! (I'm 62)

It's been a very stressful week, I've been patting my oldest daughter together after a terrible breakup on top of trying to prepare to be temporarily sidelined. But I have a lot of support here, friends making meals, sister (an icu nurse) flying in to help me, and I think my husband and kids have an idea of what to expect. So....deep breath. This is it!

:wave:
I'm both scared and ready.
I felt the same...I think all of us did.

I keep joking that I'm getting a new hip and then I'll be 40!!
It really isn't a joke, I'm now 35...:)Amazing how good hips can drop the years away.
Will be sending healing mojo in advance.
You've got this! Bye bye hip pain.:yes!:

I felt this way just a couple days ago...
You sound very well prepared and surrounded by reliable support. You’re right that the procedure itself isn’t too much to be concerned about, and that your more serious concerns are immediately post-op and then settling in for a long recovery. That said, I discovered that my post-op nursing team was, if anything, more concerned about getting my pain under control than I was, and experts at coaching me through the first hours of recovery. Chances are, your team will be good at this, too. And once you get home, you’ll be able to rely on everything you’ve learned here, doctors orders, and family support.
Best wishes!

See you on the Healing Side!:tada:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member