Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Buttonbear’s recovery

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
It definitely feels good to hear about your surgery and what was done. And to get good reassurances from your surgeon. I am sure you are relieved!

Practice your patience and take things slowly... you will get there, my hippie friend.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello again @Buttonbear
You’re welcome and I hope you have a good weekend also!

I’m happy to read that you felt reassured through the explanation you received at your appointment. The improvements you’re making with your gait sound very encouraging!

When I asked him about limitations etc, he said to allow that it was an artificial hip, and therefore not as good as a natural one, but to let my body dictate what was acceptable. If the hip didn’t like it, then don’t do it, which sounded sensible to me.
This is pretty much the same advice I received from the beginning.
You’re doing it right, slowly but surely you will get there. Keep the faith, continue doing as you are.

Thanks for updating. It was nice to hear from you!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @Buttonbear
Stopping by to say Hi :hi: and wish you a Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well. Please leave an update when you have time, we’d love to hear from you. Until then, be safe, stay well and have a Happy Easter!

OP
OP
Buttonbear

Buttonbear

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello @Layla

If you had asked me how I was doing a week ago, I would have been very positive. I stopped using the crutches around three weeks ago, just using a cane outside for my walk, but then not really relying on it too much. My walking has improved so much, and even the aches and soreness were dying down. But then last Monday, I found that when I got up from sitting I got a really bad pain in my groin, that didn’t ease. I took some Tramadol and that took the edge off it, but it really worried me. I thought I had done with all the strong pain and I was worried what I’d done to cause it. The only thing different was a Zoom church service Sunday morning, which meant I was sat in one position for an hour and three quarters, and when I did eventually get up, I found it very difficult to move and the rest of the day was not good.
Fortunately it has been gradually easier each day, so I hope it will pass, but feeling that crippling pain again, brought it home how much better life is now and how far I’ve come. I’m so thankful that the NHS did my operation in December, before these challenging times began.

i wish you a Happy Easter too, and hope that you and all your family and friends are staying safe and well.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello again, Buttonbear. It sounds as though sitting for over 90 minutes may be the cause since you noticed the pain right afterward. Thankfully it’s easing. Wondering if you’ve been icing at all? If not, try icing the area for 45-60 minutes a few times a day until the pain is gone.

I agree with your words and my heart goes out to those who’s surgeries we’re cancelled due to the pandemic. They’re in a state of pain and limbo not knowing when they may be able to schedule their surgery again. It’s very unfortunate and sad.

Stay safe and feel better soon! :)
@Buttonbear

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
isybrink
Recent bookmarks