BTKR April 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy--My ex-husband was a teacher for 35 years. He taught junior high science the whole time! Even though we are divorced, still friendly and friends. We were married 22 years, I was his third (!) wife and he was my second husband, and have only been separated/divorced for a year and a half. The daughter coming to live with us with the grandchildren for two years was the final nail in the coffin. BUT, I would do it again to have her healthy and in recovery and the children safe and basically in recovery too. I am a very hands-on grandma too, I was a stay-at-home grandma when both the boys were babies as I was not working then. It was wonderful. Plus I was there when all three were born. Good times!

Barb--there truly is nothing better being a grandma. Unless you happen to be a grandpa! I have found the boys worship the ground their grandpa walks on and as he is a very hands-on grandpa. Picks up the boys from school on the days I work, and they often spend the night with him.

The grandkids are a big reason I am doing my knee so soon after finding the source of my never-ending pain. They are busy, and I want to be right there with them. Plus, at this new point in my life...I have things to do!!!
:dancy::egypdance:

Thank you ladies, for the nice compliments! I will leave the picture up for now, as I didn't make it to the salon after all, I did stop in, without appointment, but everyone was busy, so I will go back on Monday, to get my pixie cut.

I have had my hair cut short a few times in the past, last time was about 5 year ago, when I was moving, and I decided to let it grow out for a while, and just get it trimmed every 6 moths or so. I cut my own bangs, and wish I could cut my own hair, but it never comes out even (yes, I have tried, and since I usually put it up in pony tail or french twist it doesn't really matter).

I just reread your posts here Cathy, had flown over them this week, but didn't respond to a few things, like you going out with your girlfriends, so glad you had a chance to do this, it's so much fun.... that's one of my favorite things to do! I also have a group of birthday buddies, four of us, we all have March BDs and go out together. Then a group of us at work go once a month, I will have to miss those for a while, but it's ok, I really need to lose weight, was told by doctor that I will lose quite a bit the first two weeks after surgery, since most have no appetite, and I intend to take that opportunity to hopefully continue to take weight off. It's very necessary... :whistle:

I've never heard of Mobic, not sure, but guessing it's like Advil or Tylenol? I was told to stop all of the meds, and vitamins and supplements of all kinds. I do miss my magnesium at night, and my Vitamin C has become a daily thing, too. I don't feel right without them, but oh well. I take mass quantities of vitamins, D3 is very important too, the B vitamins, and a slew of other stuff. Sigh... I think it 's because of interaction with the meds they give you during surgery, esp. the blood thinner after.

Shelly, you sure have a lot of health problems for someone so young. I feel for you. Have you ever heard of living a ketogenic diet for epilepsy? I know someone on another group who used the ketogenic diet to "cure" bi polar disorder. Cure is not the right word of course, but as long as she keeps herself in ketosis, she stays balanced and doesn't get the depression or manic phases. She is quite a character, her name is Susan, and she quit her high paying corporate job, bought around 30 acres of farm land and has grass fed milk cows, free range chickens, raises pigs organically, the way the should be, running around in mud, lol ... and has a stand at the farmers market and sells her goods, including soap she makes herself. She has farm hands etc. and is very happy, from all appearances, she has a blog, but can't think of the name off hand, anyway, her psychiatrist wrote a research paper on her journey with low carb high fat eating, and I think it was published, or might be in the near future. Just thought that was interesting, I'm so convinced that eating grains is very toxic for us, and for some more than others, many of the auto immune disorders are - in my opinion - caused by wheat and other grains.

But here I go again, it's really hard for me to hear someone complain about something, and not try to get to the bottom of it, it's just to simplistic for most people to believe, the fact that a piece of bread or cake might be making them ill.

Anyway, better get myself in the shower, going out to eat tonight with a few friends, even though I'm dead tired, I will wake up around people, love socializing, and just couldn't say no, since it's probably last time going out.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening!! :friends:

Cathy--My ex-husband was a teacher for 35 years. He taught junior high science the whole time! Even though we are divorced, still friendly and friends. We were married 22 years, I was his third (!) wife and he was my second husband, and have only been separated/divorced for a year and a half. The daughter coming to live with us with the grandchildren for two years was the final nail in the coffin. BUT, I would do it again to have her healthy and in recovery and the children safe and basically in recovery too. I am a very hands-on grandma too, I was a stay-at-home grandma when both the boys were babies as I was not working then. It was wonderful. Plus I was there when all three were born. Good times!

Barb--there truly is nothing better being a grandma. Unless you happen to be a grandpa! I have found the boys worship the ground their grandpa walks on and as he is a very hands-on grandpa. Picks up the boys from school on the days I work, and they often spend the night with him.

The grandkids are a big reason I am doing my knee so soon after finding the source of my never-ending pain. They are busy, and I want to be right there with them. Plus, at this new point in my life...I have things to do!!!
:dancy::egypdance:

Shelly, hadn't read this when I responded above, sounds like you have a wonderful and loving family, I really respect that, when two people get divorced and act civilly and stay friendly for the sake of the children. It is so worth while, and I commend you for it!

And yes, I loved staying home with Christina when she was little, it was the best thing for both of us. And I am glad that my daughter has chosen to stay home with her new baby, once he's born. I think the first few years go by so quickly, so if it's at all possible, I think it's a good idea. But daycare works too, I have many friends with great children, who went to daycare, and came out wonderful! It's just hard to have to get them up and run in the morning, I was happy to not have to do that.

Later, gator!! :flwrysmile:

Barb, I am thankful every day for my family and "extended" family! Everyone laughs at the football games with the grandkids...Here I am in the bleachers with my first husband and his wife, my recent ex-husband, all of us laughing and getting along! Life is just too short to do anything else, and besides it is all about the kids.
Regarding the epilepsy, I have a very interesting story. I have worked in the medical field for my whole working career and when I was in family practice two patients came in the same week with very bad cases of shingles. I did not know it then, but I had never had chicken pox. So, about 10 days after the first exposure I started with a few blisters...and then BAM! I woke up on a Saturday morning covered from head to toe with pox. Scalp was covered, in my ears, soft palate, throat and even the lady parts. I was really sick. What I didn't know then 3was that I had a mild case of encephalitis along with it and it left a lesion in my brain. About 3 months later I had my first seizure...at age 30!
And it has been up and down since. The meds, the breakthrough seizures. The total suckiness of it all!! I have a mixed bag, three types, always start the same way. The brain surgery was for internal electrode monitering and placing electrodes, and possibly nipping out the lesion if they could get to it. That didn't happen, but I do have a vagus nerve stimulator that is like a pacemaker for the brain. It delivers a very small 30 second burst of electricity to my brain every 3 minutes. So with that and just one oral medication I am doing well.

Wow, that was a long post!

:flwrysmile:

Shelly Now I understand a little bit why your daughter might be reluctant for you to have this surgery. But after what you have survived, this surgery should be a piece of cake!! At least, we will keep telling ourselves that!!

Shelly I, too, have never had chicken pox and now I take the shingles vaccine. I am the oldest of four siblings and they all had the chicken pox while growing up but I just never had them. My family dr suggested last year that I start taking the shingles vaccine so I did as he suggested. Have had no problems. So sad how something so simple can turn into something so serious. So glad all of that is behind you.

Yes, your crew sounds like one big happy family--and the grandkids are reaping the greatest benefits. Sadly, that situation doesn't occur in most divorces. One of my best friends is in the legal field and sees first hand the horrors brought about by some divorces. :yikes:

Barb I too have had to stop all medications. I have started to use the nose ointment that was given to me at the hospital. Have to put it on a q-tip and put it in each nostril, morning and night, for 5 days. Supposedly kills bacteria and prevents the spread of disease. Supposed to start using my special soap on Monday also. So many things to remember!! Mobic is the only medicine I usually take--it is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Helps with the inflammation in my knees and other joints. Just wait, Shelly, your turn is coming soon!!

I am also going to make some of those alcohol/water freezer bags. I constantly use ice on my knees and I am going to keep several of these in the freezer.

Well Ladies, I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting with you today but since my day started so early, I think I am going to jump in the shower and call it a night. :sleep: Some mindless channel surfing sounds pretty relaxing! Until tomorrow... :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:

Cathy, thanks for the kind words. I am telling myself that after two craniotomies this should be not so much a piece of cake, but maybe not quite as bad! Time will tell.
I have made two of the alcohol/water freezer bags. I used gallon zip locks bags, the kind with the sliding lock tab. I used 6 cups water and 1 1/2 cups of the rubbing alcohol. it is the perfect size for my lower back, I have a SI joint that is almost as painful as my knee. If I could get a new one I would do it!! And works well on the knee too, I just use a ace bandage to hold it in place.

Goodnite all!! :sleep:

Good morning, ladies - it's a beautiful sunny one in the Carolinas!

Had a lovely evening, but done with dinners/parties for a while ... takes a lot out of me, is that a sign of getting old? I did sleep through the night - first time in a while, I think I'm really relaxing about all this surgery stuff, glad about it.

Christina is getting very emotional though. She was a bit snippy at the end of our little shopping trip yesterday, I did nag her a little bit, about some little stuff she's been procrastinating ... so we parted in a bit of a huff, but not really in bad way, I just dropped her off and we hugged and said bye. She texted me later, that she was so sad, and hoped she wasn't mean to me (she can be at times, it's a long story, but she has these mood swings, out of the blue, usually it's weather or diet related) anyway, I texted back that I understand, we are both very nervous and stressed by everything that's going on. she said that yes, she was overwhelmed and so worried by this surgery, and couldn't stop crying.... I said that I totally understand, and love her very much. And please stop crying. At this point I was crying too, of course, and we sent little words of affection back and forth, and I hope she felt better, I sure did.

It's probably like that with your daughter, Shelly - the sometimes not conscious, but subconscious - worry makes us react in ways we don't really mean, fear often is expressed as anger, have you noticed that? Of course, in the heat of the moment, anger is often met with anger, it's only natural reaction, but upon reflection, it's always quite obvious.

I guess we all have to deal with that stress, sooner or later, and I'm kind of glad we got it out in the open. It's easier to move from there, rather than having it simmer under cover.

We did get quite a bit done on our shopping trip, and I told her how much it helped me to have her with me, she is so decisive and finds things quicker than I do, so it made the whole thing way more efficient. I think that made her happy to have been of help. That's another thing I'm not good at, letting people help me, I tend to take control and just do it myself, because I'm often quicker and - let's face it - better at it! :heehee: But I have to learn this, won't have much choice in the weeks to come, just have to relax and learn to live in the moment, and not stress over the little things!

Shelly, you sure have been through a lot, and glad you have gotten good medial care, it sounds like you have things under control, and will do just fine with your surgery! And yes, I do understand where your daughter is coming from, and from the sounds of it, so do you. But what choice do you have, right? Life is too short, to be confined and in constant pain, when there is a solution, even if it's a painful and hard one. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and as soon as you're out of surgery and doing well, she will relax and be there for you.

Cathy, I did not get anything to put in my nose, but they took a swab and said they would call if there was any MERSA or such in my body, since I haven't heard back, I assume there is nothing there - did they swab you? Maybe your surgeon just goes that extra step of prevention. I am washing already for a few days with my special soap, and started the Betadine last night, on the knees. Made a mess on my bathroom floor, glad it didn't stain permanently. I have white tile, so I guess I could aways clorox it.

Still organizing little odds and ends, my linen closet, putting things I need to have on hand on middle shelf, getting stuff put away that I won't need, etc. Just moving around the house and picking up this and that, I probably won't be finding things I need for a while ... I tend to forget where things are, when I "straighten up too well" :rotfl:

Ok, going to read for a bit, and then make a meatloaf, my sister is coming over this afternoon, to help me get the guest bedroom cleaned a bit, and make it cozy for herself.

Wil check in later to see how everyone is doing.

Countdown to takeoff - 68 hours!!

Hi and yes it is beautiful day in KY also. Funny how just the sun shining makes me a little more productive. Hopefully I will get to sit on my back porch this afternoon if the temperature goes up a bit.

Glad you and C had a productive shopping trip. I still need to make one more trip out to shop. Just realized I need to pick up a couple birthday cards so I can have them ready to be mailed in the next few weeks. Also going to get some alcohol to make some of the ice bags. Think they will be real handy. Since I am off my anti-inflammatory meds my left knee is starting to act up (and its my good knee)! I know another replacement for that knee is in my future but we are trying to postpone it for a few years. Who knows? I will just play Scarlett and worry about that another time. :) Need to concentrate on this surgery for the time being.

I think all of us, as well as our close family members, are on this emotional roller coaster with us. I know C is just concerned and her hormones are totally out of control with the pregnancy. I know my husband and son are really tired of hearing about this surgery, if they would admit it. I am tired of thinking about it myself. It just consumes everything and I am READY to get it behind me. I am also a very independent person and it is difficult for me to let anyone do something that I should be doing myself. But I will continue to tell myself that I am not in control right now--my knee and my husband are!!! :yikes: :yikes: But just wait, I WILL be back in control later!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes I did get my nosed swabbed but the hospital has started a new policy to guard against the spread of MERSA. All surgery patients have to swab their nose with an antibiotic ointment for several days prior to surgery. You have to pick it up at the hospital pharmacy. They said there was no charge--but I bet they manage to get it on my bill somehow!!! :heehee:

Speaking of straightening up, I had to rebuy two items the other day that I know I have in this house somewhere! I cleaned out my nightstand last week to make room for things I will need. I put stuff away--and still can't find it. I am bad about that normally but being focused on this surgery has made it worse.

Get to start showering with the Betadine wash today!! Going to be the cleanest person in town! Supposed to change my sheets and sleepwear each night also. The thing I like least about housework is changing the sheets! Love the feel and smell of clean sheets, but just hate to change them. Too bad!!

My husband always spends Sunday nights with his mother so I usually have a quiet evening at home. My girlfriend just called and wants to go to a new frozen yogurt place in town this evening so now I have something to look forward to. Don't need the calories but.....yum, yum.

Countdown is coming soon--but I do believe, Barb, that we are both truly ready! And doing it together, is going to make it so much better. :console2: Later....

Good day to you! It is a beautiful breezy day here in my part of California. The foothills are so gorgeous in spring, and we are due to get some more spring showers tomorrow.

Barb, what you described with your daughter is exactly right! Anger and resentment is often met with anger and resentment leading to a vicious cycle. I am so grateful for a healthy relationship now. My daughter, Kristy, and I have always been close and the addiction and the wreckage it caused has been a challenge but we are both determined in recovery and closer than ever.

I have only been living in my apartment for 6 months, and it is so small that there are not a lot of places to misplace things! I thing I am pretty prepared for surgery, the only thing left I want to get is a shower seat and I am not even sure I will absolutely need that. What do you think?

I am getting a apartment sized stackable washer/dryer today though!! The ex-husband and Kristy are picking it up now. Kristy's ex has had it in storage (it belongs to HIS parents) and I have spent 6 months trying to get him to get it out of storage and to me. It is finally out of storage, and my ex agreed to pick it up with his truck. We are just one big mixed up family!!!

My pre-op appointment at the hospital is Wed, so while I am doing all of that you will be having your surgery Barb!! And I will be on my week countdown.

Hope you are having wonderful days!!

:flwrysmile:

Hi Barb and Shelly

Shelly Remember to take your list of questions with you to the pre op appointment. I forgot mine and after I got home I thought of several things I wanted to ask. They just hit you with so much info at once that it is hard to remember it all.

Just packed my hospital bag. All I have to add is my toiletries. I always over pack when I go somewhere, hopefully, I won't this time. Would love to take my laptop but just think it might be too much to deal with. I have my Nook Color but it is not as easy to type on it and, if I am able, I want post for you guys as soon as I can. I think the support for each other is really going to help us all get through this recovery process.

I understand what you mean when you talk about the wreckage that addiction causes. My son has full custody of his son and we spent 18 long, hard months in a custody battle with my grandson's mother. She had an addiction problem and still does. That was over two years ago and she only has supervised visitation rights even now. I think you made a statement earlier about doing what is best for the children. My husband and I have stepped up to help my son raise his son. It is hard for a single parent to raise a child without help and support from someone.
Luckily, my grandson continues to thrive and I do all I can to nurture that. He and his dad are so attached and he seems to have adjusted well to his special circumstances. So I do understand how important it is to have family all pulling together for the sake of the children.

Okay I have been sitting here on my computer for a while--my knee is rested so off I go to burn off some of this nervous energy!!

:flwrysmile: Hi Cathy and Shelly!

I just got out of my disinfecting shower, after spending way too long at the car dealer for service, and then went to Costco for a few more little things I needed. It all took way too long, and I felt hungry and dirty, when I got home. Had already changed the linens, and did not want to get in bed with the "germs" on me, so had to get myself cleaned up and wish I could just go to bed, lol. Knees really hurting badly, but Christina and Geoff coming over later for some dinner, I made enough yesterday, to last a few days, and whatever we don't eat tonight, goes in the freezer.

I tried out my ice pack last night, and it's fabulous, really helps with pain management, wish I had been doing this all along. I do miss my Advil a lot, it kept pain manageable for me, albeit walking and standing still quite painful after a while.

It never did rain today, next few days sunny and warm here - hope you got to sit out on your porch, Cathy.

You are both strong and courageous women, to step in and help in such selfless ways, in the face of addiction. It is just very sad, what this disease does to people. I guess some would say it's not a disease, but in my mind it is, I can't imagine that anyone would be addicted voluntarily, and not everyone is, it is genetic and one has a predisposition. It takes heroic strength to get through rehab, and esp. to stay clean afterwards. I haven't been on that journey, and don't have anyone really close to me with addiction problems, but we have other problems, and I think everyone has something they deal with, nobody is spared, it seems. I do have an addictive nature though, which is tricky, because addiction is not always drugs and alcohol, but can take many paths. I tend to always catch myself, and wean from it. The latest big feat for me ... you guessed it - Wheat! If anyone is interested, a great post today by Dr. Davis, his posts are always informative, and I loved the one about grains being a stalker, and abuser. One that we can't let go of, so addictive in nature.

I think I'm going to take a little nap in my recliner, before the kids get here. Geoff is going to install my handheld shower head in my shower, I wasn't going to get one, but changed my mind, might be handy to have. I had planned on sitting on the bench, over tub, and using that shower sprayer, but I don't have a curtain, and the shower has glass doors, so much easier to do.

Will check in before going to bed later on, to see what you gals have been up to today!

PS - just heard the news about Boston Marathon Explosion ... WTH??

Good day to you!
It was a busy day yesterday! I finally have a washer/dryer in my apartment, but the plug on the wall does not match the plug on the cord. AARGH!!!! :groan: So near and yet so far. The ex said the hardware store should have adapters so that is a scheduled stop with the boys when I pick them up from school. After I feed them of course. I honestly do not think they are ever not hungry!!

I have enjoyed a quiet morning of doing nothing but straighten up and re-make a list. We are having a spring storm move through and I love listening to it rain with the windows open. Have had a bit of hail too. Love it! Cathy, thanks for the reminder to write down questions for the doctor. I have no idea why I think I can remember things like that when I can't even go to the grocery store and remember three items!

Hope you have a wonderful day, and enjoy your dinner with your your kids tonite Barb! I am going to stay with the grandkids this evening so that means hearing "grandmawatchthis" every two minutes while the 13 yr old plays video game after homework!!

s. :flwrysmile:

Hi Barb, haven't talked to you in a few days, but have enjoyed reading your posts. We have had such a beautiful spring day here in Tennessee, I would like to have many more days like this. The dogwood and redbud trees are really pretty this year, but not so much the green pollen that settles on everything. We raised our windows one afternoon, and I kept telling my husband that all that green stuff would be in the house, and of course, he didn't believe me, but guess what? He wiped his hand across my cooktop and it was covered. Needless to say, I didn't have to ask him to put the windows down!!

Well, are you SOOO ready for Wednesday to be here? And over with? I pray that all goes well for you during surgery and afterwards! I look forward to reading your post surgery comments since I am having BTKR in May.
I wish my surgery was a little closer, but just couldn't do it any differently--have to get our new GRANDson here first!!

Take care, and I will be watching for your post-op thread. Enjoy tomorrow and try not to wear yourself out doing all the little things that need to be done.

Hi Barb. I see you're coming up for your BLTKR on the 17th. Just wanted to wish you all the best.
As you know, you're in the right place here for lots of support from others who have been through this op. Good luck to you I wish you well on this journey. Jenny :puppysmooze:

All the best Barb for 17th we will all be thinking of you and waiting for your first post on the other side :console2: :flwrysmile:

Hi Shelly - hope you got the adapter for your outlet, and the washer and dryer are a GO!! :happydance: Hard to imagine living without them these days, isn't it? Sound like you had a lovely evening with your grandsons, they certainly keep you hopping and young, lol!

Deb - so good to see you here, I've been neglecting my daily visits to other journals, the days went by so quickly this past week, and here I am, a mere 24 hours from the chopping block, haha! That yellow stuff is all over us here too, and I know what you mean about leaving doors and windows open, I have this little porch off my kitchen-dining room and love leaving it open when temps are in the 60s and 70s, but right now, it's a big yellow mess, and I get allergies, esp. from the oak tress, I think they are pollinating right now, I can tell. Soon it will be over, and we'll be sweltering in the heat of Summer, best time to be hanging out in air conditioned house ... ;)

Jenny - thanks so much for stopping by to give me your support and good wishes, I feel very calm, have done all I can to prepare, and just going to relax and let the surgeon and staff do their thing! Then it's up to me to do mine ... :bicycle1: and I look forward to it!!

Kathy - thank you so much, I will check in as soon as I get out of recovery, I have a feeling I'll do just fine, and so will you! Time will just fly for you now, and before you know it, you'll be waving from the other side!! :friends:

Had my dinner with C and G, it was relaxed and fun, we laughed, and my SIL loved the meatloaf, and mashed cauliflower so much, I packed up the rest, for him to take along. C will be sleeping over tonight, and taking me to the hospital in the morning, very early. I really wanted my sister to take me, since my daughter is pregnant, and I want her to get lots of sleep, but she insisted, and said to please let her do this for me, it means a lot to her. What could I say? I prefer having her with me of course, but do worry about her energy giving out. She's still working, but took the next few days off, to be by my side. We do have a special bond, that's for sure.

The haircut is still lingering in my mind, have backed out of original appointment, and floundering on what to do .... the Kelly Pickler do? The Dorothy Hamill? C doesn't want me to get the hair cut, but I have to do something, it's too much work right now, at this length. You would think there are bigger problems in the world ...:groan:

Best wishes for tomorrow - you will be Queen for the Day that's for sure! Just relax and let the hospital staff care for you and approach it one day at a time. The reward will be no more aching knees!
Looking forward to your recovery thread,
Heidi

Hey Barb

Bet we are both running in circles today. I finally have everything checked off my list since I just returned from Wal Mart. I definitely know I am doing the right thing. I had several things on my list and I knew my knee would not let me walk all over Wal Mart even leaning onto the buggy for dear life! I actually "put my big girl panties on" and rode on the motorized cart. I just zipped all over that store. Should have been doing it all along but just couldn't make myself do it. Thought I wasn't in bad enough shape to use it--NOT!!

Got some alcohol and am going to make some of those ice bags. Bought a ham and stuff to make macaroni salad--two of my husbands favorite foods. Better treat him nice since he is going to be waiting on me for quite a while.

What time do you have to be at the hospital tomorrow? Early, I hope. I won't know until Wednesday. The hospital is supposed to call and let me know. The nurse in my OS's office said I was scheduled early but there was always the chance that it could change. Sure hope it doesn't. I want to wake up, get there and get it done.

I feel like I have a million thoughts running through my brain right now and I just cannot get them to stop--nervous energy--I think I am driving my husband crazy.

Maddox has a birthday next week and since I won't be able to help with a party or anything, Shawn is going to have about 3-4 boys stay overnight. He plans on taking them out to eat and maybe bowling. Hate that I have to miss out on the fun. Last year, we had a camp out in my back yard. Shawn put up a tent, had a big bonfire, made smores, and went on a scavenger hunt with the kids. The boys had a ball and wanted to do the same thing this year, but I am afraid I won't quite be up to it. Makes it hard on Shawn when I am unavailable to help with things. :gaah:

Better close for now...be back on later!! :friends:

Hi Barb and Cathy...I am having nervous energy for both of you!! Whew! I have started a new list of last minute things. My pre-op appointment at the hospital is tomorrow, and I am sure I will get the shower instructions and the nasal swab stuff then. If not I will probably ask about it.
I have to admit I have been second-guessing myself about having the surgery done at this point in time. Well, last night the knee woke me aching three times, and this morning every step is painful. Just a reminder that is does indeed hurt, walking is difficult and painful and it is limiting my activities. I kind of needed that reminder. My daughter lives in an upstairs apartment and that is getting harder and harder to just climb up like it is no big deal. Between my knee and my SI joint in my back--OUCH!!

I did get a new cord for my washer/dryer unit. No such luck there is an adapter to just plug in the wall. You have to take the old cord out, and rewire a new one it. :hairpulling: The ex actually volunteered to do it for me! Thank goodness and all the saints. I would really like to have it up and going before my surgery.

Catch up with you all later! :flwrysmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back