Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

Keep on truckin Brushis you the man. I'm doing pretty good, about the last 6 days (so starting on day 12 I guess) I started going for walks, first day was like 100 yards, every day a little more, today maybe close to half a mile. But still ice and elevation. I'm sore but not in a bad way.

My other hip hurts as much as the surgery side does, I still have to get that done, I shoulda done like you.

Good luck man.
Joe

Hello @Brushis
Happy One Month Anniversary!
We haven't heard from you in a few weeks. I hope all is well and you continue to enjoy progress. Leave us an update when you have time. We'd love to hear from you. All the best until next time! :wave:

Hello @Brushis
Happy One Month Anniversary!
We haven't heard from you in a few weeks. I hope all is well and you continue to enjoy progress. Leave us an update when you have time. We'd love to hear from you. All the best until next time! :wave:
Hello Everyone, I have been doing fine going to p/t 3 days a week and it’s been helping.I did walk 2 days ago about 3 miles I started limping.I t did way much that day .

Happy one month, Brushis.

.I did walk 2 days ago about 3 miles I started limping.I t did way much that day .

It seems I often found my boundaries the hard way too.:sigh:
Found the best way to undo my overdo was to take it easy for a few days and do half as much next time.
I found shorter walks more often instead of a longer one helped keep me out of the Overdid It Club.

Hope your Sunday is testful.
Hope the PT is gentle especially as you are going 3 days per week.

Hi @Brushis :wave:
3 miles, woof! I bet you were limping, indeed. Ok, well you will know to rethink that strategy for the future walks. But that must mean you are feeling much improvement and that is great news!
happy over One Month Anniversary!

Thanks for the update!
Three miles is rather ambitious at One Month post op. Hopefully with lots of rest, ice and maybe even backing off PT, for a session or two, if necessary, will help you feel better soon. Stay in touch and have a great week! :wave:
@Brushis

:wave:Happy Sunday!
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Happy Spring!
Happy, happy, happy....:happydance:
A great week to you. :)
@Brushis

Thank you ! everything is great and can walk with no limp. I’m probably 85% but my body feels the strain when I over do things like walked over 3 1/2 miles the other day and woke up sore.

The ODIC strikes again! It's hard not to over do when you start feeling so much better @Brushis

You got that right ! I would say six months will be back to normal with no up sets .

I would say six months will be back to normal with no up sets .

Could be longer, just sayin so you’re not let down. Recovery can take a full year, even longer for some. Many notice small improvements beyond one years time. May it only get better and better. Stay safe and healthy! :)
@Brushis

Happy Three Month Anniversary, Brushis
How are you doing during this unfortunate pandemic? I hope your recovery is progressing nicely. We’d love to hear from you. Tell us something good. :yes:
Be safe and stay well!
@Brushis

Hey @Brushis :wave:
It’s been four months now. Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hope you’re doing well.:)

Great to hear you are doing well, my double hippy friend.
:dancy:
Lots of improvement still to come.

Hello :wave: Thank you for the update!
Lovely and wonderful news. I’m happy for you and feel your message will encourage those following behind.
May it only get better!
@Brushis

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker