TKR Bruising

It has been 6 weeks since TKR and my knee looks good and feels better still getting pain behind the knee. I going out for PT now and we are working on stretching the back of the knee and of course bending. I am still icing especially after in home exercise. I will be driving myself to PT next week luckily my right leg is good that one was done in 2016.

It has been 6 wks with my 2nd TKR I still have fluid in my joint and very tight in the back of my knee. I have been icing and doing stretching excercises and bending the knee I have more pain then I did in the first knee. My xray looked good but it did say joint effusion may be present I think that is why it hurts to bend and stretch.
Will excercises help the fluid and stiffness?

I am almost 7 wks post op the pain in the back of my knee is the problem this time around. I am working with PT stretching and tightening the the thigh muscles. Beside excercises when I'm sitting I put my heel on otterman and stretch while tightening my thighs muscle count to ten If it hurts I stop and wait it seems to help.
Hoping it will eventually get strong I will get back to normal.

You are still really early in this year long recovery. Pains in different areas will show up here and there for a while yet.

I read this that one of our other advisors wrote:

“Many members think PT is needed to alleviate tightness. Tightness is a normal occurrence after this kind of major surgery. Your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing...and full healing takes a full year or more.”

I am trying to get my knee to lay flat never know if to wait or work on it. :shrug:

Having your leg lay flat can take a while, and like other things in this recovery Time is the main thing it needs. As you heal your leg will relax and straighten out. Don’t force it to be straight, and definitely don’t let anyone else push down on it to straighten it. Don’t put any weights on it. :yikes: Some members find carefully walking with a longer stride can help gently stretch the back of the leg, enabling it to get straighter. Always be gentle and give it time to heal.

That is good advice Thank You I have been gently pushing it down I am not far off from 0 I am afraid I will have a limb. It has been 2 month which is still early in recovery. I am going to try long strides.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom