Bilateral THR BrookeO recovery thread

Happy One Month Anniversary @brookeo! :santa-dance:
You're doing well, keep up the great work, slow and steady!
:snow::wreath:

Hey all - I am officially 6 weeks post op! It’s amazing how fast time flies once you are feeling good :)

I’ve been back to work for a couple of weeks now (PT) and things are going well! Overall I feel great! I have many times where I forget I had surgery. And then other times I still have some minor aches and pains. But overall I am so pleased with my results this far. Fingers crossed everything continues to go well!

im able to walk my dog outside now, all of my PT exercises and I can get my socks on and tie my shoes all by myself! Ha the little things!

Hope everyone is doing well and Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful update. You're doing so well. Thanks for sharing.
I hope you enjoy the holidays and continue to share your journey as we enjoy hearing about your progress.
A very Merry Christmas to you!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
@brookeo

:chuckmarch:Double hippy happy.
So glad to hear things are going well!
Lots of improvement still to come!:yes:

Have a great Christmas and a
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Happy Monday! Just popping in to give an update. I am 10 weeks PO today!

Overall I am feeling great. Each week gets better and I am to the point where I rarely notice my hips at all.

I started Pilates last week - reformer classes. Absolutely love them. They are perfect for my personal situation in that they are low impact but targeting the very muscle groups I need to be targeting. I also am doing strength training and low impact cardio 2-3x a week. I am amazed at the amount of mobility that has returned. I can cross my legs, sit criss-cross applesauce and can easily put on socks, paint my toenails. It’s so freeing to be able to do the stuff most people don’t think twice about! I have also gotten a couple of massages - which were awesome!

Hope everyone is going well and if you are new to recovery - hang in there. It gets better each week.

Happy 10 Weeks!! :happydance: Awesome update, you seem to be doing fantastic and on your way to living life!

Hello @brookeo
Great update three weeks ago, thanks for sharing. I hope you've noticed even more progress since you last posted.

Happy Three Month Anniversary! :yay:

Stop by and share your progress periodically. We'd love to hear how you're doing as time rolls on.
Happy Tuesday!

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope all continues to go well for you.
Hope to hear from you soon. :wave:
@brookeo

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie