Lounge Doctor

Broken wires- greater trochanter

[email protected]

Country
United States United States
Curious if anyone has experienced the following. Wires are 40 years old and pain is now worsening daily. This is what xray said: "There are broken wires surrounding the right greater trochanter and in the right lateral hip soft tissues, with bone spurs."

Any input is welcome

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@[email protected] Welcome to BoneSmart! We need a bit more history before we can offer any advice. Why were the wires installed and what was the procedure? What has your surgeon recommended?

OP
OP
grammy@1955

[email protected]

Country
40 years ago I had an acetabular labral tear. No MRI at the time. My hip was surgically dislocated, tear was repaired, hip wired together and have felt great. Recently had hip and knee pain, primary ordered x ray and the broken wires were discovered on xray. I am waiting for referral. Not much online info found. Very thankful for 40 good years but scared about more surgery. Any input welcome

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Thanks for the detail. Yes, 40 years is a very long time. The good news is technology is on your side. Has your surgeon suggested THR? Things have come a very long way in 40 years. If you do have THR there is every chance you will have the implant for a very long time.

I know it all seems a bit daunting but this op is one of the most performed these days. Have a read in our hip recovery area. Lots of happy new hippies. And the good news is no more pain!

If you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link: Stories of amazing hip recoveries

OP
OP
grammy@1955

[email protected]

Country
Thank you so much! I know technology has come a long way and I am thankful my referral will be a UCLA surgeon. One never forgets the recovery of a THR or a surgical dislocation. One question, in a THR is the greater trochanter also replaced?

OP
OP
grammy@1955

[email protected]

Country
Thank you again.... it has been a while since needing hip medical attention. This forum is amazing!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Glad we could help. Please keep us updated!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Cynde
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom