THR Brian's recovery

Hello @Sockeyewillie
Great news that you're doing well and received a nod from your surgeon that all looks as it should. Hopefully work continues to go well for you this week and you’re able to rest in the evenings. Thanks for updating!

Glad you are feeling like things are improving .It can be very frustrating and time seems to---does, actually creep by when we recover from these procedures.

Please remember what has been done to your body---you were sliced open, a bone was cut, some things were pounded, screwed, glued, muscles and skin were bruised, too, you were physically manhandled while you were under, and then you were closed back up!

These things take some time to recover from, and,unfortunately, it may take longer than we would like it to, but we are not the ones scheduling the recovery/rehab; our body does that.
You will do well if you listen to your body. We are used to the "no pain, no gain" mentality and want our lives to re-assemble themselves very quickly---and that, unfortunately is not the case.

Take your time, relax, and know that down the road, you will be pain-free and loving it. I had to learn what patience truly is---many of us had to, as well...

When one considers how long it took for our bodies to become this way, some months of recovery/rehab really are nothing.

Wow! Work really wore me out this first week back. My hip saw more exercise than any other time post surgery. I work in a water treatment plant and due to the nature of conventional treatment I went up and down more stairs than any other time since my surgery also. Ice was my friend after every shift this past week and will continue to be. The heat and humidity didn't make it any easier.

Whew! Glad you survived the week, and I hope you are doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend, to rest up for next week.

It's so hot and sticky out here today that my son called me from work to tell me he was breathing his own sweat from his mask, and if I drove by his work and saw him out in the parking lot, to please just run him over. It would be more fun to dump a cooler of ice over him:ice:

Hey there,
I’ll bet you were hurting. Especially navigating those stairs. Keep up the icing and try not to do much else after work, if that’s possible. Ugh! Heat and humidity can be so draining.
Happy Two month Anniversary two days early. Cheers to your new hip! :cheers:
Hope this week is easier on you.
@Sockeyewillie

Thirteen weeks tomorrow. I fell asleep with ice on my hip last night. I have 36 steps one way and at the end of my shift I make at l at least 4 round trips. Like I said, It's been the most intense workout I have had since surgery. I don't think its as damaging as PT was and I will persevere. My Thigh feels tight and I'm favoring it with a bit of a limp but it loosens up with a bit of walking. My FMLA ran out so I have to be back to work.

I’m sorry....of course you’re right about your date. I quickly calculated it as two months to date on the 4th, instead of the three months that it is. It is easier for us to go by the date than count weeks.

I fell asleep with ice on my hip nightly. I’d even grab a fresh ice pack when I had a middle of the night bathroom run. I did like icing and felt it really helped me. Not sure if you’re able to ice at work at all, but if so you could bring a small cooler with a few ice packs, or use a community freezer if that’s an option. Or just ice and rest for the night when you get home for as long as you feel the need.
@Sockeyewillie

You are wise to rest and ice after a full day of work with so many stairs and walking. The body and the hip both need rest after the shock of returning to full time work.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you’ve been enjoying progress over the past month and work has been going well for you. A holiday weekend is upon us, hopefully you have an extra day off to enjoy.
We‘d love to hear from you if you have time.
All the best!
@Sockeyewillie

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker