Bilateral THR Boxerdad67's Recovery Thread

You are doing really well. Slow and steady will win the race. The fatigue is crazy after a THR and I can't imagine how it would be with "both at once."
You are making it look rather easy though. Good luck with your appointment next week!

Merry Christmas to all.
So today makes 8 weeks, please don’t pinch me because I’m still having this amazing dream of no hip pain, no back pain, nothing but total relief. :dancy::dancy:
I couldn’t imagine things could’ve gone this well but so far it’s amazing. My OS gave me the all clear to return to work full active duty January 6. This is the best Christmas present I could’ve asked for. Just to be able to walk through the grocery store or hardware store, walking my dogs at the lake, I’m just feeling so blessed. God is good.
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

What a great 8 week update for a double hippy! You have much to celebrate this Christmas and New Year. Thank you for continuing to participate in the forum and be a bright light of success!

You encourage us.

Merry, merry!

:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

What a happy, cheerful update. :yes:
Thanks for sharing! Your gratitude shines through and I agree, God is good!
Many blessings to you in the New Year.
Wishing you a joy filled Christmas with loved ones!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
@Boxerdad67

:yahoo:
Great to hear...no pinching allowed in the forum so you are safe!:heehee:

Life with new hips is sweet, indeed.

Have a wonderful Christmas, @Boxerdad67 :santa-dance:

Stopping by to say Hi and wish you a Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you had a nice Christmas. Many blessings to you in the New Year!
@Boxerdad67

HI Boxerdad! :wave:
You really are having the perfect recovery, aren't you? We are all so happy for you, you are resuming your life activities and the most important part? You are smiling while doing them!

Wishing you the best as we get closer to an exciting new year with our hips!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Reading through your experiences has been so interesting and helpful, thank you!
I had my bilateral THR just a little over a week ago and I'm shocked at the difference I've seen in just the past 5 days since I've been home.
Your progress is so inspiring!
~Jen . : )

HI Boxerdad! :wave:
You really are having the perfect recovery, aren't you? We are all so happy for you, you are resuming your life activities and the most important part? You are smiling while doing them!

Wishing you the best as we get closer to an exciting new year with our hips!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
Thank you @CricketHip It’s been awesome. I smile everywhere I go. I just can’t believe how good it feels to walk without pain. 4 miles on mountain trail today

Reading through your experiences has been so interesting and helpful, thank you!
I had my bilateral THR just a little over a week ago and I'm shocked at the difference I've seen in just the past 5 days since I've been home.
Your progress is so inspiring!
~Jen . : )
That’s great @jenTjenT it only gets better. Ice packs are your friend and adequate rest is very necessary. I’m back to work full time tomorrow. I’ll keep in touch to see how you are doing. This forum is full of great support

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How ya doing? Please do tell...we're all ears.
Hope life is treating you well and your recovery is progressing as it should. Enjoy the remainder of the week!
@Boxerdad67

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How ya doing? Please do tell...we're all ears.
Hope life is treating you well and your recovery is progressing as it should. Enjoy the remainder of the week!
@Boxerdad67
Well It has been 16 weeks and I still can‘t believe this. My recovery has been phenomenal and up to this point no complication. I’ve been back to work at my EMS job since early January and had no problems. I am walking and lifting weights regularly and up to a 10 incline on the treadmill at a 3.5 speed. It feels so amazing to not be in pain, my smile never stops right now. I am retraining my body to squat and kneel down as this was something I couldn’t do for over 2 years. Thank You @Layla for asking and apologies for delayed response as I’m just so busy catching up on chores and work I haven’t logged on in awhile.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom