• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Booked in and waiting for a date....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernie

graduate
Hi jetthugger, how are you doing? , not long now for you and Sarah, march is really, well, marching along and gathering pace.

Lovely focus, shiny knees and sitting around in summer, twill be here in a flash.

Wow, cooking sounds yummy, I love chick n leek combo! :).

Sounds like hag has joined my Knee king for a hissy fit, well, let em! Mine is just showing off its, drum roll, 4 weeks today (yes, really!) and yours is doing a final fling until it is no more, oh happy day for you.

Ladies you willbe fine and the fabulous BoneSmarties will see you through, each and every step ( :heehee: ) of the way.

Hope you have both had a good day, you'll be joining me for a virtual :bicycle1: Before you know it.

Lots of happy thoughts and hugs, Fernie x

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Hubby very kindly remembered to tell me that the hospital rang & left a message saying don't panic, but can you call?" he told me tonight! So, of course the "don't panic" thing has me running around like an idiot & I am sure I will lose a goodly amount of sleep running through all if the things they could possibly want me not to panic about, but call them! Have I it a superbug ? Have they found that I'm horribly anaemic? Or maybe they just can't find the right prosthetic to fit the filed off old hag, so need to postpone indefinitely!?! See? Wish hubby had told me either straight away so I could call from work, or leave it till the morning so I don't lie awake fretting all night!!!! :gaah: :headbang:

forevergimpy

senior
How frustrating! :hairpulling: I'm sure it's some small bit of information they need. If it were something major I would hope they would have been more insistent on your return call.

What time is it in your neck of the woods? It's about dinner time here now on Wed 6:00 pm. My fingers are crossed for a good night's sleep and easy news from them tomorrow.

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
It's 11.15 at night here. It's very British to tell someone to not panic, we even have it on our mugs!! Keep calm & don't panic!! I always find ironically that it has totally the opposite effect!!! Here's hoing you have a restful night too. We can but hope!! Will check in on Toothfairy before I go to sleep, early start tomorrow! :puppysmooze:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Jetthugger. How is the packing/ repacking cycle going. I did in fact take two bags as planned, my very small admissions bag which I took in and which was transferred to the ward when I was taken there after the op and a second bag with more bits and bobs that my husband brought along in the evening when he visited. I dId however streamline my packing and took a few bits out and left them in an easily visible place where my husband could see them and bring things in for me if I needed them.
It has all been so straightforward so far. I know that having read the posts on here has managed my expectations and made the whole thing much easier.
The spinal was marvellous and much easier than I expected. Being awake led to some very peculiar sensations but it was fine and I would do it again.
I have been surprised by how little pain I have, it has its moments but overall it is good and I am taking my tablets by the clock. I also find icing and elevating makes a huge difference.
When I got up the first time it was really difficult but each time I get up it gets easier and easier.
I am however tired and sometimes a bit woozy. I started writing this last night and fell asleep while I was doing it!
I already notice a difference with my TKR knee, it does not hurt like it did before surgery and it is quiet. I can now hear my other knee crunching, couldn't hear it before due to the noise from knee one drowning it out.
It won't be long now before you say goodbye to the old hag and welcome your new shiny knee. Hooray.
Love and hugs,
Toothfairy x
:egypdance: :happydance: :yes!: :friends:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Jetthugger,
I just caught up on that last post. How worrying and frustrating for you. :hairpulling:
Of course you will panic, I know I would. I hope you get through to them quickly this morning and find out that it is either something trivial or good news.
I will keep everything crossed for good news.
Let us know as soon as you can, big hug and hand to hold, Toothfairy x
:console2: :flwrysmile:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Jetthugger, I have been thinking about you all day. Hope everything is ok.
Love Toothfairy x :console2:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
OK guys!! Rollercoaster day with numerous phone calls, nail biting frustration & near panic!!! :headbang: :gaah: :hairpulling: Apparently, I have a water infection, needing antibiotics. The hospital faxed a request (yesterday) to my docs for a prescription of wierd named antibiotic I'd never heard of, apparently my infection is resistant to the usual anti-B's! (typical) so doc put me on 7 day course. Hospital pointed out that I couldn't have my op 18th if that was the case as need to retest to see that infection cleared up before they will proceed. Fair enough, understand that. Called docs to request the higher dose 3 day course, which would put me back on track for test & op (if clear) on 18th. As I can only discuss these things with Gestapo trained receptionists (picture a bulldog chewing a wasp - you get the idea!) :heehee: They basically told me that if that's what the doc prescribed, who was I to question him?? :scare: I then positioned myself in front of reception and asked (very very nicely) if I could see said doc - they then stuck me in after surgery. Long story short, got three day high dose prescription :happydance: :dancy: :yay: Went hell for leather to the nearest late-night pharmacy, produced said prescription & nearly cried when she announced that none were in stock!! :shocked: :tantrum: :boohoo: Promptly after, said "oops! Got some, they're in a different coloured box" :gaah: :groan: Just how many qualifications to these guys have?????? Got anti-B's & took first dose tonight. Finish course Sunday, need two clear days before retest & have to have my sample in by Wednesday. It's all in the lap of the Gods now. Just hope the God looking down on me isn't Loki, Norse god of mischief!!! :rotfl: Think I may take a long hot soak, a diazepam (left over from not fractured ribs days) and hopefully a less fitfull night. I do envy you post-oppers!! :scary:

forevergimpy

senior
Oh my goodness! What an ordeal it has been for you. I'm not sure why having an anti-biotic resistant infection that could delay this major surgery isn't a reason to panic though. :groan:

So glad you wouldn't take no for an answer and waited until you saw the OS. My fingers and toes are crossed that all is resolved by Wed so you are back on track for the 18th!

I hope that bath has proved to be relaxing and you can have a restful evening friend. :friends:

tanksgram

Country
United States United States
Wow Jetthugger! What a day you had. But in the end you prevailed and got what you needed. Now just have positive thoughts and have those bags packed and ready to go. Enjoy your bath and relax.

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Jetthugger, what a saga! :goodpost: you are a star showing the grit and determination to get past all those obstacles. I know just what you mean about the receptionist.
I will keep everything firmly crossed that the antibiotics do the trick and you are good to go on the 18th. It's not easy getting your head round having this surgery but once you are there you don't want it to be delayed.
Hope you had a good nights sleep. I was already sleeping soundly by the time you posted last night so am only catching up with this now.
Hope you have a stress free day, glad to see you have kept your sense of humour. :yes!:
Love
Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance: :yay: :friends:

Fernie

graduate
oh Jetthugger, i had to give your post a funny rating as i can just imaging you running around sorting everything everything out and the bulldog receptionist and lack of new box knowledge chemists! Oh you poor thing but you got it sorted! hurray for Jetthugger !!! :yay: persistence and determination to get this knee done ON TIME shone through !

so just need the darn anti's to do their thang now and shift the infection. honestly, isnt it typical for this to rear its head so soon before your surgery..... I hope its not the Hag getting the big guns out in a final protest to her iminent demise? hhmmm. :tantrum: i think not.

You'll have your new bionic knee before you know it so no more need for post-op envy !:heehee:

OK, well, i'm sure you have a bag to pack or re-pack or something so I'll ttfn. Have a good day and my best wishes to you. Fernie x :flwrysmile:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Ha ha!! Yes, a re-pack did spring to mind, Fernie!! :rotfl: Anti-b''s are wierd - I am now passing limeade!!!! :sick: Hopefully proves its working so fingers crossed!!! :wink: - have been winding down my caseload in work, so if they do delay the surgery, I will be twiddling my thumbs for a few weeks!!!! :tada: Picking up my exercise bike at the weekend! :bicycle2: Will have a practice on it, get the seat height right & this is my last weekend to get all my stuff organised (I'm sure I will squeeze a bag check in somewhere) :whistle: Hope you all have a great weekend & mothers get a nice restful Sunday!!! :cheers:

Fernie

graduate
Hello.... Limeade? Niiice.. :eeeuw: But better out than in as Shrek would say :heehee:.

When you get your bike and finished with it til post op , set it nice and high so you are on tip toe to the pedals ready for your PT.

Have a wonderful weekend, make the most of it! Fx :cheers:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Sad news yesterday, my (ex) mother in law passed away. I was closer to her than my own mother and loved her dearly, so her passing was painful. I would have liked to go and pay my last respects, but if the surgery goes ahead as planned (I don't have green water anymore, maybe a sign that it's worked?) then I will be unable to attend. :boohoo: I am hoping that a nicely phrased note to my ex will be sufficient, my son may even include it in the eulogy. She was a lovely, warm, funny, intelligent caring woman who showed me what it was like to have a real mum.

tashia

alpha
Country
United States United States
I am so sorry jetthugger, I know that had to hurt, but at times life just isn't fair but it goes on. I'm sure everyone will understand but I know your heart is heavy. What a wonderful gift you had and still have. You have a place in your heart for her which you will always have. I feel that she will be looking down at you and make sure everything goes just right. I will pray for you. Take care. Tashia

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Such sad new Jetthugger, she sounds like a wonderful woman.
She was a lovely, warm, funny, intelligent caring woman who showed me what it was like to have a real mum.
I sounds as though you are already finding lovely words that will express your feelings beautifully. I am sure your son will do you proud.
I hope your surgery does go ahead as you have waited so long and I am sure your (ex)mother in law would have wanted you to go ahead and have it done.
I hope her passing was peaceful.
Sending you a hug at this sad time,
Love Toothfairy x :console2:

Fernie

graduate
Jetthugger, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, big hugs to you my friend.Take care and be kind to yourself.

Love Fernie :friends:

forevergimpy

senior
Allison, I am so very sorry to hear of your family's loss. I hope that writing down your thoughts and having your son offer the eulogy offers you some peace. :console2:

I hope that all goes well on Wednesday and you are cleared for surgery on the 11th. Hugs to you at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Beezel
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom