• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Booked in and waiting for a date....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernie

graduate
Hi jetthugger, fabulous news re you op :). Am v pleased for you, and you know we will all help you and the young Gort to recovery. Don't worry, I'm also getting a bit confused with the threads at the moment, cannot remember who is saying what to whom where! :heehee:.

Have a good weekend, try not to pack and unpack too much and lots of luck and best wishes for Monday.

Fernie x

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Jetthugger, I wrote a long reply to you this morning and then managed to lose it. :scary: :hissy:
I love your new avatar, it is scary and quite magnificent, a bit like a TKR really.
Gort, coming to a knee near you next week........ :yikes:
I am fine thank you. I think I am doing well. I had my first physio appointment today. They are generally pleased with my progress and said I can walk without crutches when I am happy to do so as I am walking well. I am also able to get on my exercise bike and try rocking so I am planning to have a go at that later. I would have tried this afternoon but I had a friend visiting. They want me to start walking around as much as I can tolerate without increasing swelling. I can also start going upstairs the normal way when I can rather than one leg at a time. Still one leg at a time for the descent.
I need to work hard on my flexion and straightening, I could only manage 70 today and 80 assisted bend and my leg was not very straight. I think that was partly because of the long hike from the front door of the hospital to the department as I did not feel that I was straightening as much as usual. I do understand that they can only record what they actually see. All in all considering it will only be 2 weeks tomorrow I think it is all ok. They have added three new exercises to my repertoire. The physio told me that the surgeon got my new knee to 120 immediately after the surgery so that is what I am aiming at eventually.
I am quite tired now and am sitting with my ice pack on, I love my ice pack.
Take care, have a lovely weekend and think positive thoughts, before you know it you will have done the undignified leg waving and will be united with the gorgeous Gort. The old hag will be banished for good. Hooray,
Love and a hug, Toothfairy x
:puppysmooze: :spin: :egypdance: :happydance: :goodpost: :yes!: :friends: :yahoo:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Oh TF! Good to hear from you & so pleased at your progress! Wow 2weeks tomorrow? :shocked: Can't believe where the time has gone! Finally finished work after a staggeringly busy day, which was good as it stopped me dwelling.... Curry later with friends, (may have a sneaky cider :martini: ) I have other other friends coming over tomorrow night. They also want curry!!!! As much as I love the stuff, I'm conscious of the fact that a weekend's worth of Delhi belly - then a spinal block - may not be the best thing! :whistle: :heehee: It's good that you can doff the crutches as soon as you feel up to it, the stairs must feel like a real achievement, once mastered!! bought myself some hibiscrub today, thought even if hospital didn't mention it, doesn't hurt to be extra extra careful!! :yes!: Will also ask for a couple of waterproof dressings to bring home with me. It's amazing what tips you get from just browsing this forum! Excellent that you will be rocking the bike - picking mine up this weekend. Will create a new thread Sunday (3am likely, the way I've been (not)sleeping!!) :skep: :mcoffee: Take care, TF, :puppysmooze: :friends:

Fernie

graduate
Jetthugger, definnately ask for several sets of dressings for when you need to change, there is usually a maverick nurse who abuses NHS policy and will happily help you sneak some out As they can be stingy with these things.

My curry weds night sent me to sleep like a whack on the head! Good luck.

Soon you and Gort willbe joining our little peloton team, how exciting :dancy:.

Fairy, will catch up on your thread later...

Fernie x

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Jetthugger, definitely agree with Fernie on the dressings.
I see you bought hibiscrub. It won't do any harm but I find it interesting that there is no universal protocol for this in uk.
Sounds like you have a fun packed weekend, enjoy. Maybe your curryfest might be just what is needed to counteract the constipation effects of the medications! :heehee:
Enjoy yourself this weekend before the big event,
Love and hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle1: :bicycle2: :bicycle2: :bicycle1:

forevergimpy

senior
Alison, I love your new Avatar! I've been thinking about Hibiclens myself, but since I have the special wipes from the hospital with very specific instructions (like what time to shower on Sun night) I'm good.

I'll be washing all the pjs and bed linens this weekend, as well as all my comfy clothes post-op. I may need to shop for a few new t-shirts and capris too, but I better do an inventory first.

Glad to hear your last day at work was nice and busy - mine too. Gives me less time to think! :wink:

Do you have a busy weekend ahead? I think mine will be quite full of the last minute family time and preparations.

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Hi Sarah, sort of busy weekend. Not sleeping very well - so bursts of visitors & activity mixed with quiet time & snoozing! Like you, I'm doing laundry/inventory. Reckon my jeans won't do post op, if my new Gort swells up! :doh: It's getting close now, isn't it? TF, curry had ZERO effect on you-know-what, ahem :whistle: May try a glass of wine, may do the trick! :cheers2: Fernie, always good to hear from you, I will no doubt face the same stresses you are currently experiencing what with return to work dates and feeling unready. Must admit, the thought of just six weeks off feels rather daunting!i know I had December off, but I was quite poorly, so time sort of distorts. This time I will be well and, whilst not quite fit & able, I certainly will not be ill :mcoffee: will create a new thread tomorrow in anticipation of the Gort insertion on Monday :rotfl: :snork: :ok:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Jetthugger, enjoy the wine, 'bottoms up" :heehee:
Hope you manage some better sleep. I think having some soft stretchy trousers for after Gort would be a very good plan, we don't want you going home in your pants and getting a chill.
Sweet dreams, not long before you will be all done,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :yahoo:

kimejen

senior
Country
Australia Australia
Good luck Alison. Looking forward to Gort's arrival. Take care. Jenny:SUNsmile:

Fernie

graduate
Jetthugger ans Sarah! Lots ofluck and best wishes for your ops tomorrow, thinking of you both.

Youll be cool, this is not the time for skinny jeans, :heehee:. You will face your stresses etc along the way and I hope the after op, early days meds are kind to you. Me and the crew are all here to help you very step of the way.

Prepare to part with the bad, to make way for the good! We eagerly await the birth of Gort. :shocked:

Big hugs, love Fernie x :friends:

Ps Ill be recruiting for my Tour de BonesMarties team when you are ready for a trial in a few weeks. :dancy:

:bicycle1: forevergimpy

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Eek Fernie I didn't realise we needed to try out for the team? :yikes: I had better get training as I will never get through the selection process at the moment!
Toothfairy in training x :bicycle2: :loll:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Good luck for tomorrow Alison, what time do you have to be in? Do you know what time your surgery is scheduled for?
I hope you have had a great weekend and are feeling relaxed and ready to meet Gort.
We will all be with you in spirit,
Sending you a big hug and a hand to hold,
Love and hugs,
Toothfairy x :yes!: :friends: :flwrysmile:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Thank you all, really appreciate you guys being there :boohoo: Brings a tear to my eye!! I am in emotional no-mans land at the minute. It's still very surreal, I'm almost detached from it all. Start my post op thread in anticipation, as I'm sure I will be addled tomorrow lol x x good luck to my fellow bonesmarties taking this journey with me tomorrow :puppysmooze: TF, I'm in at 7am :shocked: Dont know till I get there when they will take me off. Fernie, la tour de bonesmarties seems like a gem of an idea! My exercise bike arrived today and on its highest setting appears to have been made for a munchkin, so I think it may e some time before I am able to get a full rotation out of it, I struggled today!! :bicycle2: See you all on the flip side x x

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Alison, surreal and detached sound very familiar to me. I think it is a coping strategy and one that worked very well for me. When you have waited for such a long time it is just such a relief to get it over with.
If you can't train because the exercise bike is too short you can either ask the surgeon to shorten your legs while he is there :heehee: :whistle: or we can put you in a sidecar. Is your sister a munchkin?
You will be in the team one way or another!
:yay:
Hope you have a lovely meal and a good sleep tonight. See you on the flip side.
Love and hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :martini:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Beezel
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom