• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Booked in and waiting for a date....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Thank you all for your kind words. I am ambivalent about it all now, if the surgery goes ahead as planned, then all well & good. If delayed (for whatever reason) then I will be able to go to Betts funeral and pay my respects & find comfort in my (ex) family - who are very much my family still.... So, seeing the silver lining in these things.... No exercise bike yet, sister says itis being unearthed from the back of a cluttered garage & dusted off, but I shouldn't worry, can't imagine I will be leaping onto the contraption as soon as I get discharged from hospital!! Although, my lovely sister also has a knack of delaying things (she borrowed my hair straightners ten years ago!) :rotfl: Her & BIL are coming for dinner next Sunday (my last day......) so I imagine that's when delivery will take place.. How are all my bonesmartie friends after this chilly & wintery weekend?? :puppysmooze:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Jetthugger,
I think that is a fantastic approach, whatever happens you win.
Hope you get your exercise bike soon.
You certainly won't be leaping onto the exercise bike as soon as you come home but it would be nice to have a chance to get familiar with it.
I am venturing out into the world now, just short walks outside for a few minutes. It's lovely to be in the fresh air.
My biggest challenge is going to the doctors surgery today to see the nurse. It will be my first time in the car since coming home from hospital. Off for a shower before I go.
Take it easy and be kind to yourself. It is difficult to have to deal with the loss of a loved one on top of everything else.
Sending a hug your way ,
Toothfairy x :friends:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
So what's with the wierd weather? We've got bright sunshine, sub zero winds & hailstones, interspersed with the odd blizzard for good measure!?!?! Somebody have a word!! :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Dear Ms Jetthugger,
I wish to complain, no bright sunshine here! Only snow flurries and wind and freezy weezy chill.
Please send some sunshine south,
Yours sincerely,
Ms Dull Gray Skies
Aka Toothfairy x :cheers: :heehee:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Must admit, if not for sub zero temperatures & the odd blizzard, it would be a lovely spring day!! Took a drive over to Warwick hospital, had a pee & was home again in an hour & 15, the sister came out to see me, (she shared my exasperation at the whole prescription fiasco) and promised to send my pee (now a lovely crystal clear chardonnay colour - must be the 2 gallons of water I drank today!!) straight off to microbiology & call me as soon as they get my results back. so..... :tada: :umm: Twiddling thumbs waiting to see if the naproxiwhateveritwasophen worked! Just had a delivery of silicon ear plugs!! THEY are being packed!!! Took advice about thinning out my bag... TBH, I've just got 2 pairs of shreddies (I'm a Coventry lass!) my nighty & robe, toiletries & creams. That's all. Hubby will bring my iPad/iPhone/kindle & stuff over later on once I'm in recovery, don't want to leave them on the ward unattended!! Will opt for spinal block, but will ask for light sedation as I'm still cringing at the thought of listening to it all- And i talk endlessly when really nervous, so may put my lovely surgeon off his stride!! (I'm a horrible flirt too & when in compromising positions I tend to crack jokes & ive a feeling that if he's wanging my leg around I won't be able to resist!) :whistle: :happydance: :rotfl: :heehee:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi nervous one.
Glad to hear your pee was as clear as a babbling brooke on a highland spring day. :ok: Fingers crossed the naproxwhateveritwasophen did the trick. :heehee:
As they say on all the best shows, 'you have done everything you possibly could' so its knuckle chewing time. :gaah:
I hope you don 't have too long to wait.
Without wishing to incur the wrath of the overpacking police have you put your meds in? Would also suggest a small pack off tissues and hand wipes, useful for those bedpan moments when you can't get to wash your hands. :eeeuw: you may have covered them in your toiletries section.
Can't imagine you will put your surgeon off his/ her stride. My surgeon after some initial pleasantries and leg waving ( mine not his) ignored me completely and got on with the job. The anaesthetist sat in the background occasionally having a cursory glance to check I was still alive and I was left to my own devices. It was all slightly surreal. Not suggesting you shouldn't have light sedation, whatever floats your boat.
I find the thought of you flirting while in all sorts of leg waving compromising positions quite hilarious, having been there I don't think you will be thinking flirtatious thoughts but who knows.
You certainly gave me a jolly good chuckle.
I am thinking about you and hoping you get the all clear and a green light to the room of shiny new knees.
Hugs coming your way,
Toothfairy x

Fernie

graduate
I love this, after all the packing, repacking, then more packing and finally unpacking, our toothfairy is encouraging you to fill that bag Again :rotfl: , yes, yes! I know it's only wipes and tissues oh yes and meds......

So let's hope now your pee is looking like a vintage Sauvignon blanc, You'll be good to go.

Did laugh at you waving your legS and flirting, whilst trying out for the Comedy Store, seriously, you'll be out for the count probably awash with fairy dust...

Take care, not long now Fernie

forevergimpy

senior
Fingers crossed that you hear back soon about the infection.

I think a bit of flirting during your op would be hilarious! :heehee: You'd certainly be the talk of the ward afterwards that's for sure.

Here's hoping we are still set to be surgery buddies and are both in on the 18th - only a few more sleeps left! I haven't actually started packing yet, but have my list started. I like the idea of leaving a few extra things neat and ready at home in an obvious spot, so that if i need them, my husband can easily find them and bring them to me. That will prevent me from bringing too much to the hospital (I hope).

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Oh Forevergimpy!! Like your new thread name Foreverlame! Why not go one further & be foreversprightly? :tada: Certainly hope we are surgery buddies, I will know soon enough. I know what you mean about making a pile for hubby, think with mine He will need big signposts!! :whistle: The old hag will soon be transformed into Gort (the robot from the day the earth stood still) so my new thread may be along the lines of that!! Lol, will need a new avatar too! Love tooth fairy's avatar! Fernie, I'm making an effort not to repack my bag now until AFTER I get the all clear from the hospital & my water confirmed as being clear as a babbling brook!! :heehee: got some smashing silicone earplugs off eBay & will take a trip to boots for some hand wipes, then just play it by ear. my settee risers are coming tomorrow, so all seems to be falling into place - so fingers crossed!!! (plus the old hag is giving it's all in a final swan-song, has been howling like a banshee all day- thank crunchie for tramadol!!!! :rotfl: :beer: Will update as soon as I know, but for now, will try & get a decent kip tonight as two full days of wrapping my work affairs up then ............. :what:

kimejen

senior
Country
Australia Australia
Good luck Jetthugger. Will keep my fingers crossed for good results. So want to hear about Gort next week. Sorry to hear your bad news. Take care. Jenny:kittykiss:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. :happydance: :egypdance: :yay:
Yikes time to get packing and repacking.
I hope you can relax now and enjoy your weekend knowing that it will soon be done and you will be on the recovery side. Now what are you going to call that thread?
Congratulations,
Toothfairy x :goodpost: :thumb: :yahoo:

Country
United States United States
yes 3.jpg
Finally, at last, jetthugger, we're going to be able to communicate with you from the "other side"! Keep thinking POSITIVE! All will be well.

Take care---we care.
st pat hug 8.jpg

maddoxsmama

senior
Country
All your Bonesmartie friends will be thinking about you!! One step closer to living with a pain free knee. Yea!! :dancy:

forevergimpy

senior
Woo hoo!! Now we can race to be the first to post after surgery!! (Although the time difference is in your favor.)

Are you relieved with the news or more nervous? I registered at the hospital today and am already sporting my first wrist band. Now it's real!

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
:puppysmooze: Bit of both TBH, Sarah. Now it's definite, I am glad I know I haven't got long to wait, but still get panicky about whether I'm doing the right thing :yikes: . I can still walk my dogs (admittedly, with lots of pain killers) just sometimes, when I'm only clicking down the office, not in huge pain, I feel like a bit if a fraud. :shocked: Then I have serious words and tell myself that they wouldn't entertain doing this surgery (especially at my age) on NHS if it wasn't banjaxed enough to warrant it! Thank you, my bonesmartie friends for your endless support!! Off to have a soak now & think up a title for my post op thread for when Gort is installed

kimejen

senior
Country
Australia Australia
Terrific news. Now, forget about the packing - how many times have you done this??? Just enjoy the weekend and Monday will be here before you know it. All the very best to you. Take care. Jenny:kittykiss:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
I understand your doubts Jetthugger, I was exactly the same. You are absolutely right when you say you would not be considered for this surgery if it was not needed. It is not a vanity procedure.
Cast your doubts aside, have a wonderful weekend and then start your very own magical mystery tour through the highways and byways of the recovery road.
I am so pleased for you, it has been a long wait, we will all be with you every step of the way.
Toothfairy x :thumb: :friends: :flwrysmile:

OP
OP
jetthugger

jetthugger

senior
Thanks TF, it's a lovely feeling to know I'm not alone in all this . Been busy finding my new avatar (and trying to upload the blessed thing!) :hairpulling: ready for Monday. How are you doing? I've been keeping up with various threads but it gets confusing sometimes who's posting on what thread & when! :what: :heehee: what do you think of Gort?.. :rotfl:

tanksgram

Country
Congradulations on passing that final test. I can understand what you were feeling as now I am waiting for test results that could postpone my surgery. Relax and enjoy the weekend. Looking forward to your recovery thread. I love your cander.
pam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Mitzi107
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom