TKR Booger's Left Knee

Alright BoneSmarties,
I just noticed this. It was a little red pimple looking thing. Squeezed it and a little puss came out. Do I need to worry?
20211127_135300.jpg

Thanks
Booger

I wouldn't have squeezed it, that kind of stuff grosses me out and can introduce bacteria. Cover it with a bandaid. Scabs should not be picked at either on your incision. Let them fall off naturally with time and healing.....

I wouldn't have squeezed it, that kind of stuff grosses me out and can introduce bacteria. Cover it with a bandaid. Scabs should not be picked at either on your incision. Let them fall off naturally with time and healing.....
Yeah if it was a scab i would of left it alone. It looked like a little redish pimple. I guess its no big deal. Just the scar was healed up the this thing popped up. I was just wondering about it. I'll ask the pt about it. Dont see the OS untill Dec 15th.
Thanks fir the reply SusieQ

Booger

Do be careful, Booger...certainly wouldn’t hurt anything to call your surgeon’s office & maybe send them a photo. You don’t want an infection to get out of control, trust me. I’d think if there is any infection, this early they can nip it in the bud. Do take care, & don’t be shy about asking. Keep us posted.

Do be careful, Booger...certainly wouldn’t hurt anything to call your surgeon’s office & maybe send them a photo. You don’t want an infection to get out of control, trust me. I’d think if there is any infection, this early they can nip it in the bud. Do take care, & don’t be shy about asking. Keep us posted.
Thanks Catalien,
I'm gonna send a picture and might drive the 2hrs there. Not that big a deal seeings as I am in recovery. It's probably nothing. just dont want any issues this late in the game.
Thanks
Booger

Alright BoneSmarties,
I just noticed this. It was a little red pimple looking thing. Squeezed it and a little puss came out. Do I need to worry?
20211127_135300.jpg

Thanks
Booger
I think it looks a bit infected because of the redness around it. I’d phone the department where you had the operation and tell them, send a photo. I did that when my internal stitches come to the surface and I got an infection. Better not to leave it.

Yep callin them tomorrow. They called Wednesday but I didnt see it soon enough. Probably to change my December 15th appointment. I'll see what they say.

Booger

Thanks Hawk. Im sure its nothing.

Booger

Hi all,
Pt was today. I got 118 on my own and 121 with help no pain but got real close with tightness. But its better than 4 weeks ago. Getting better I'm happy. just gonna keep on going. one foot in front of the other.
Chug A lug

Booger

That all sounds good. You’re coming along! A question..... what did your Dr say about the picture of your knee? Is it cleared up? Guess after my experience, any possibility of an infection makes me nervous.
I saw my surgeon today, had my staples removed. 22 of ‘em, just a few little stings, nothing bad. My Dr was pleased with both my “ straight” knee & my bent knee. Still getting there on the straight, but I guess that takes longer. it’s been a setback, but looking like not total. I’m anxious to see what my local therapist thinks. My Dr wrote me a prescription for 6 more weeks 2x week PT. Still fighting fatigue & no appetite, but that will come. Meanwhile, I’ll just keep chugging along! . (Couldn’t find a train, so this little tractor will have to suffice)

That all sounds good. You’re coming along! A question..... what did your Dr say about the picture of your knee? Is it cleared up? Guess after my experience, any possibility of an infection makes me nervous.
I saw my surgeon today, had my staples removed. 22 of ‘em, just a few little stings, nothing bad. My Dr was pleased with both my “ straight” knee & my bent knee. Still getting there on the straight, but I guess that takes longer. it’s been a setback, but looking like not total. I’m anxious to see what my local therapist thinks. My Dr wrote me a prescription for 6 more weeks 2x week PT. Still fighting fatigue & no appetite, but that will come. Meanwhile, I’ll just keep chugging along! . (Couldn’t find a train, so this little tractor will have to suffice)
I sent a picture of the after popping the pimple and with it scabbed over today. They said it may have been a dissolving stitch that didn't dissolve. :snork: :rotfl: They will look at it when I go see the os. Told to keep an eye on it and told the pt to watch it also. So we will see. Looks better today though.
You know me just a worry wart.

Take cate
Booger

Many of us are worry warts :heehee: Ive lost track of the times I have thought 'I have and infection', 'the implant has not taken', 'the implant has slipped','I will need revision surgery', 'I might have to have my leg amputated'. My latest is that I did not need this doing as the problem was not related to the knee joint and I even though I have had this done nothing will change - and then I have to remind myself that it would not have been done if not necessary and it will get better although when can't come soon enough for me. I am amazed that you can drive for 2 hours!!! I am about 4 weeks behind you and I would struggle to be a passenger for 2 hours - good to see you are still progressing and great to read your posts.

I also am not ready to drive. Our Subaru is a standard transmission ( and I Love driving it,). But like you, I’m doing good to be a Passenger for a long drive. And, I still tire pretty easily. Yeah, easy to be a worry wart! This infection was my big fear..... it Did happen, & as my sister often says, “ it is what it is”..... I’m on the mend, setback some, but, truckin along. ( and my husband doesn’t even have to threaten to sit on me☺️).

Booger, haven’t seen anything from you lately.... your knee doing OK? ( worry wart genes kicking in). Hope your visit with your surgeon goes well.

Many of us are worry warts :heehee: Ive lost track of the times I have thought 'I have and infection', 'the implant has not taken', 'the implant has slipped','I will need revision surgery', 'I might have to have my leg amputated'. My latest is that I did not need this doing as the problem was not related to the knee joint and I even though I have had this done nothing will change - and then I have to remind myself that it would not have been done if not necessary and it will get better although when can't come soon enough for me. I am amazed that you can drive for 2 hours!!! I am about 4 weeks behind you and I would struggle to be a passenger for 2 hours - good to see you are still progressing and great to read your posts.
Well Carol,
One of these days your going to be doing something and realize that hey this is way better than last week. Then a week after that your gonna say damn I'm over this hump. Yes I still screw up. Yes I still over due it but its nothin like it was 3 or 4 weeks ago. Hang tough and remember chug a lug I think I can I think I can.

Take care
Booger

I also am not ready to drive. Our Subaru is a standard transmission ( and I Love driving it,). But like you, I’m doing good to be a Passenger for a long drive. And, I still tire pretty easily. Yeah, easy to be a worry wart! This infection was my big fear..... it Did happen, & as my sister often says, “ it is what it is”..... I’m on the mend, setback some, but, truckin along. ( and my husband doesn’t even have to threaten to sit on me☺).

Booger, haven’t seen anything from you lately.... your knee doing OK? ( worry wart genes kicking in). Hope your visit with your surgeon goes well.
Catalien,
My knee replacement is not even in your league. Im feel so bad for everything your going through. I would not handle it as well as you are.
You My Friend are my Hero!!!! You take everything in stride and in still good spirit's. I continue to pray for your recovery. You deserve it sooo much. Keep on keepin on.

Booger

Gee, thanks, Booger! I do think the worst part is in the past. I still get really tired, really easy, & this week hasn’t been any help, seems all my appointments happened this week, in addition to PT. So, I’m a bit tuckered. But I see folks going through some pretty tough stuff on here. I do get anxious to do more, but this time know better. I walked down the street a good ways with my PT today ( cane in hand!). Little improvements every day, that’s encouraging.
And I see folks like you, Hawkie, susieQ , Benne, Patrician, that I have tried to follow from early on, & also newer members, & I’m so very inspired. And, I do come from a very loving family of very stubborn, or, as my Grandmother always said, “ I’m not stubborn, I’m just Determined!” People. I regularly see your good reports.... you’re doing better than you think. we’re all gonna get there, just some detours & different routes. So, we’ll just keep chugging along!... I think I can, I Know I can!

I also am not ready to drive. Our Subaru is a standard transmission ( and I Love driving it,). But like you, I’m doing good to be a Passenger for a long drive. And, I still tire pretty easily. Yeah, easy to be a worry wart! This infection was my big fear..... it Did happen, & as my sister often says, “ it is what it is”..... I’m on the mend, setback some, but, truckin along. ( and my husband doesn’t even have to threaten to sit on me☺).

We had two cars, mine was an automatic although I can drive a manual transmission when well. We needed to go down to one car as I am no longer working and prices for second hand cars were at a premium a couple of months ago so guess which one we sold! Yes the automatic. We have also ordered new car to replace the one we kept until we have finished moving stuff to the tip from the renovation and move but we have not ordered an automatic as availability just now is appalling - we don't get our manual transmission new car till February when I hope I can have a drive. Until then hubby will be my taxi driver as well as my cook, my cleaner, my gardener, and my carer and a wonderful job he is doing. Good to hear you are on the mend.

We had two cars, mine was an automatic although I can drive a manual transmission when well. We needed to go down to one car as I am no longer working and prices for second hand cars were at a premium a couple of months ago so guess which one we sold! Yes the automatic. We have also ordered new car to replace the one we kept until we have finished moving stuff to the tip from the renovation and move but we have not ordered an automatic as availability just now is appalling - we don't get our manual transmission new car till February when I hope I can have a drive. Until then hubby will be my taxi driver as well as my cook, my cleaner, my gardener, and my carer and a wonderful job he is doing. Good to hear you are on the mend.
I drive a small manual and was able to drive after the regulatory four week insurance hiatus. Not too far but enough to give me my independence back. As long as I could do emergency stops then I was legal.
My only must now is to have the seat as far back as poss when entering [bottom on seat first] and exiting the car.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts