TKR Booger's Left Knee

Thanks Jockette,sks,& scaredycat,
It's gonna work itself out hopefully. already feeling better than last week and the weeks before that. Im just ready for it to be forgotten about if that makes any sense. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for all the support everyone gives its great.

Booger

Ok folks 8 weeks today
Over did it Saturday and mildly today. Saturday I raked some leaves for probably 1 to 2 hrs. That night and most of sunday sucked bad:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::censored:. Took percocet a couple of times.
Today at pt not as good as last week. Needed a little help to get the extension to 0 but didnt feel it. I had 2 or 3 on my own. The flex kinda sucked i had 114 or 115 on my own and with there help I got 120 with moderate discomfort/ pain. But it was gone pretty quick after they stopped. But overall im feeling better than last week and definitely the weeks prior.
Still icing most days but alot less. Unless I rake leaves. I did walk about 1/ to 1 mile today i think. Had to get my car worked on. The youngest was doing one of those 19yr old marathon 10hr growth sleeps. So he didnt answer so i said screw it and walked. Stopped once for a couple of mins the trudged on home. havent used my cane for 6 or 7 days. Wish I would have had it on the walk. I was limping lightly by the time i got home.
Im feeling better about this surgery right now than the weeks prior:spin::rotfl::snork:. But I guess ya'll knew that would probably be the case.
Knee still looks deformed and muscles still have atrophy but I'm working on that. I really need to get off the pitty food now as im not loosing any weight but not putting it on. Being 260ish was the reason in getting this. Need to get more active and damnit im going too.
Well you know I like posting a pic of my deformed knee so here another pic in the ol recliner.
20211122_214636.jpg

Thanks for all the support :beer::dancy::egypdance::egypdance:

Booger

The over did it club, seems we all join it a time of two during recovery. Are you letting PT press on your knee to get the "better" numbers? Personally they shouldn't be doing that - you'll get there on your own, with time. As for you walk without your cane, I purposely have a cane in the car for the "incase I need it" times. Of course I have one by the bed and backdoor also!! They are a reminder to me and easily accessible if I need one.

Lookin good @Booger! Try to stay away from that ODIC club, that place isn't a nice place to hang out in.

Thanks eaglemom, indigo, & cricket.
Yeah eaglemom they do press on it but I do not let them hurt me. Well not much pain. More of a really hard stretch. I have done my exercises to the same amount of pain.
Indigo I guess because its mine it looks deformed. But I think I may be happy with it as it gets stonger and with time. If I dont have any major setbacks.
Yeah cricket the odic is no place for me at this stage in my life. But I guess I had to visit it and probably will again.

Booger

For me, nothing to do with can or can't walk without aids, for me, it's all about balance. One crutch causes imbalance for me and I won't walk outside the house without an aid at the moment. I can walk without aids and have been able to do so since week two around the house, but walking outside with two crutches give me total balance.

Just walked half a mile around the track at the gym...with two crutches because yesterday, I just had one on a confidence basis and ended up with an aching hip for a while.

I’m 11 weeks in and 92 at a push and -3… I’m reading these posts and hoping I improve. Doing stationary bike but can’t rotate, lunges on step etc… icing and elevating …. But it seems like its taking a long time. I know I shouldn’t compare … but I can’t help it :(
Try rocking the pedals on the bike, then maybe back pedal then forward. I ride the bike to reduce pain. Good luck.

Wow, Booger....you did a Lot! You’re braver than me, to walk a mile or more, NO CANE?? Before my current setback, I was all over the house with no aids. But outside, I always had my trusty cane for reassurance. I even got in 2 walks down the street with my better half. Since the infection & 2nd surgery, I’m set back some. Relegated back to the walker for the time being. I’m having home PT, 2nd session today, & he was encouraging. Friday, we will work on stairs & walking with my cane, but he still wants me to use the walker for now. The big challenge is getting my knee straight, & building my strength & energy. I haven’t seen that many “ knee photos”, but yours always looked clean & straight. This time, my surgeon used staples. ( kinda dreading having them removed). My knee looks like a zipper! Maybe it will look good soon.
Do take care, & let your ODIC membership rest for a while! ( although, I envy you raking those leaves....wish my husband & I could get out back & clear out our garden.... ). hope you & your family have a good Thanksgiving... ours will be a bit untraditional, but, we’ll be together - looking forward to that!

Yeah, that ODIC, it's a club you don't want to be a member of but it seems like everyone is at one point or another anyway. :heehee: This too shall pass..... rest up, ice and you'll be better in no time!

That was good flexion. And the exercise program sounds really good! I would LOVE the hot tub! That is the only time that I feel no pain or discomfort is when my leg is totally submerged in very hot water in the bathtub.
I use a recumbent bike here at home and right now do it for 10 min/day. Keep up the good work!
HOT TUB, I have spent hours in the Hot Tub. The minute I put my leg in, the pain goes away. Early days of surgery, I had snoozed in it. I still do exercises in it. No one ever answered if too much heat was from hot tub & heating pads was good or bad. Sorry you don't have one.

I did walk about 1/ to 1 mile today i think. Had to get my car worked on. The youngest was doing one of those 19yr old marathon 10hr growth sleeps. So he didnt answer so i said screw it and walked. Stopped once for a couple of mins the trudged on home. havent used my cane for 6 or 7 days. Wish I would have had it on the walk. I was limping lightly by the time i got home.
When you are walking, to stop limping, focus on Heel / Toe. I found that worked every time.

I got my 1st dry needeling today. Cant tell it did much but he said it could be tomorrow before it really hits. It felt good while it was shocking me. He turned off and by the time i got to the car i couldnt tell anything different. we will see what happens tomorrow.

Booger

I did walk about 1/ to 1 mile today i think. Had to get my car worked on. The youngest was doing one of those 19yr old marathon 10hr growth sleeps. So he didnt answer so i said screw it and walked. Stopped once for a couple of mins the trudged on home. havent used my cane for 6 or 7 days. Wish I would have had it on the walk. I was limping lightly by the time i got home.
When you are walking, to stop limping, focus on Heel / Toe. I found that worked every time.
and in slow, 'stately' manner. I find those, with the heel/toe stops the limping.

20211125_100411.jpg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Exercise for the day. More to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! That is Impressive, Booger! You obviously know what you’re doing..... that is one handsome turkey!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back