Lounge Doctor

TKR Bonesmarties who have had TKR #2... A few questions...

schpooko

Country
United States United States
Hello to all of you... I am scheduled for January 3rd, 2022 for my second TKR. I had done the Right knee back in 2018 and I am very happy with the results.

I am now getting Left done and have a question for those who have had experience with #2. My left knee (which is the worse of the 2) has been really bad since August which is why I am getting this done. I was told many times of the last ten years that it was bone on bone and needed to be done. I bought myself time with shots, tramadol, Motrin and gabapentin. I saw on the boards that #2 was a better experience for some because it was their least damage knee. I had to do #1 RTKR because of a fall but it was still not as much bone on bone as the left. My left is the most damaged and I was hoping not to be the most painful after surgery.

So my question is this. Was surgery #2 done on your least damaged knee? Did that help with recovery time, pain, etc???

Thanks to all and Happy Thanksgiving...

Schpooko

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Yes, for me #2 was on my less damaged knee. Recovery time was about the same. But I'd say it felt like an easier recovery because by then knee #1 was the good leg. I had been able to do some exercising (nothing dramatic) in the interim and so I was stronger overall.

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
:wave: I'm having my 2nd done in 11 days time (7/12) it is definitely the stronger of the two and I have been gentle exercising it with walking average of 4.5kms a times a week with my dog getting it in a better condition that my left knee was in 2019 so if you follow my posts after, I can then answer your questions. After following my fellow Bobesmarties whom have had second surgeries, I'm positive for a better & easier recovery at least I know what to expect, what to ask for regarding pain management and also not too worry so much, first time round I was clueless.

chebahart

Country
2nd one 7 weeks ago on the better knee. It's like PTSD and I have a lot of impatience with recovery and pain and just want to move on already!!!! I'm able to tolerate a lot of pain but I am so sick and tired of pain from this recovery even if it's easier than the other one. I don't know how people manage with only a few weeks of pain meds after this type of procedure. I have a lot of pain in my foot this time and ankle swelling. After the first knee in April, I had every joint hurting and had to start seeing a chiropractor and massage therapist. This round isn't so bad but my lower back on the new knee side is definitely looking for attention!!

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
irving95
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom