THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Yippee yippee double hippy ceezee!!!! :dancy: :dancy: :dancy:
Great news! But omg, 10, I mean T.E.N. years?? That's incredible! Hoping you positively sashay in there 10 years from now. Well done my fellow May marvel!! :thumb:

Hey there ceezee!! Now that is some good news! Boy, if anyone ever showed patience and persistence, it was you, my friend. It's paid off, too. Congratulations!
Rothman must like that return time frame, because that's what I was told, too. I figure that may be my last time seeing my surgeon, if that's the case I can't imagine that he would still be working.

:cheers:

My OS has been practicing for 17 years so it’s possible he might still be practicing.

What I’m trying to figure out now is how to best approach building strength and flexibility. I had suspended my Y membership so I should get that going again. I have no restrictions and haven’t had any for a few months actually so I can checkout the machines again. I have my yearly physical with my primary doctor on Wednesday so I’ll ask her advice.

I also should make a follow up appointment with the spine doctor I saw earlier to see what else I can do to help my back.

Still seeing doctors..... :heehee:

My lower back is quite stiff. Pilates instructor is working on that for me now. It's never been very limber but I wonder, how does one know if there's OA or other problems with your back? Not that I want a problem, but wondering if it's something that can be fixed or if it's just how I'm made. As for building strength and flexibility I can heartily recommend Pilates.

So glad to hear how well your fracture has healed.
I remember catching my heart in my throat at your first report on this turn of events.:thud:

Splendid recovery and what testament to how having a positive attitude, and being patient can lead to an astounding recovery.:friends:

When I found out about the fracture in an odd way I was relieved. At least it gave me a definite reason why I wasn’t improving. The procedure to heal gave me a solid goal and a way to reach that goal. I had to give it my all. I was fortunate in that it all worked. My OS seemed to be sure I would heal in time and that gave me a lot of confidence and piece of mind.

For decades my career was managing large expensive projects and I think that experience helped me deal with everything. Fix what you can and try not to obsess over what you can’t fix, look at all options, and always do the best job you can possibly do.

In the X-ray the red arrow points to where the fracture was. Gone.

Attachments

• ceezee (1).jpg
    ceezee (1).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful @ceezee Those are some great looking images. FYI, really like the length of your stems. My original was much shorter. Think with your fracture your OS made very good decision with length.

Those are some great looking images. FYI, really like the length of your stems.
Things you only hear on Bonesmart!!!!
Or from a florist's website.
:rotfl:
For some reason this really cracked me up this morning.

I totally get why but just sounds so funny, right F4F?
Hope you have a good day.
My sister sent me something that said it's Have Fun At Work Day.:nah:
Okay. I'll try.

Things you only hear on Bonesmart!!!!

So far I have “a nice matching set” and “really liking the length of the stems”.

I almost did a spit take with my morning coffee. :heehee:

I thought they looked nice and long too. It must have helped with stabilization and the healing of the fracture. Some of the X-rays I’ve seen on Bonesmart show very short stems.

Been playing a little catch-up here, CZ, and this update of yours makes my heart happy! :happydance: It was a bit of a journey for you and to read how great things are going is so very encouraging. You've been a joy to support and easy to engage with. I hope your physical went well yesterday.
A great Thursday and weekend to you!
@ceezee

Hi Ceezee! :wave: I liked the looks of those stems, too. :heehee:

I'm curious, what kind did your OS place for you? Mine are Stryker, just curious if different Dr's in the same practice use other components.

I'm curious, what kind did your OS place for you? Mine are Stryker, just curious if different Dr's in the same practice use other components.
I never asked or checked. :chinstroke: I’ll see what I can find out.

I hope your physical went well yesterday.
It did! I got my blood work, etc, results back already and it all looks good. She also gave me some more good ideas to deal with the spondylolisthesis that is still causing some minor havoc with my thighs (the numbness on the side on the left and occasional pain on the side of my right that mimics an IT band issue) . Apparently it’s very common and most certainly the McKenzie method stretches are helping. Yesterday I ordered a seat cushion to use on the sofa where I normally sit to watch tv that she recommended. It’s a knees below hips angle that helps keep the back straight. Small steps that all add up to being a tremendous help.

I have a trip to Florida planned in about three weeks to stay for a few days with my sister in law who with her husband rent a condo for a month. It’ll be a great change of pace even though I enjoy the winter and don’t feel the need to head to warmth.

And at the end of May my husband and I have a 3+ week trip back to Norway. It has the most spectacular scenery and hospitality I’ve even seen. We were there just a few years ago before my hips took a nosedive and can’t wait to go back.

My hips feel like they did when I was 20. :yes!:

My quads, not so much yet. :loll: But that’ll come.

All wonderful news! I just had an annual physical the other day also and was able to see most of my lab results online within a couple hours. It's so nice not having to wait as long for those results these days. Well, for most results anyway.

Wow...you have some fun getaways planned. A trip to Florida and then Norway. How exciting! Norway sounds lovely. What a difference a year makes, right? So happy for you!
@ceezee

I actually requested a copy of my surgery notes and the type used is mentioned on there. Including the size of the cup. stem etc. they said it's good to have, especially in years to come if we move and have something that needs attention.

Love your planned trips! Especially Norway. You will be unstoppable. :happyfeet:

Wish I could stowaway with you to Norway! Always wanted to visit Scandinavia. My hubby is on the surgery waiting list for a day case repair of ruptured biceps tendon, so we're having to resort to unplanned, last minute getaways this spring and until we know how his arm fares afterwards, PT, etc. Sigh.:bored: Another spring/summer with someone recovering. :groan:. At least my garden will get some attention this year. Enjoy your travels! :walking:

@CricketHip I found out from the OS office I got a DePuy system with a Summit Porocoat stem. Ceramic/poly and an uncemented stem. They also included all the sizes of the components. The top third of the stem is coated to encourage bone growth.

And I started the process to get all the records.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks